Expectations: It’s SB or bust for 49’ers, Buffalo threatens for the Divison.

Big difference. The 49’ers are going all in. That’s a lot of pressure in a asterisk season. If they come up short it just might make that a combustible roster/locker room. I like the lower expectation, it takes a lot of pressure off. If the Bills can’t take or seriously threaten for the division title this year then they might have to do some big time reassessments come next off season.

5 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

Big difference. The 49’ers are going all in. That’s a lot of pressure in a asterisk season. If they come up short it just might make that a combustible roster/locker room. I like the lower expectation, it takes a lot of pressure off. If the Bills can’t take or seriously threaten for the division title this year then they might have to do some big time reassessments come next off season.

You're all over the place. You like lower expectations for the Bills, but then they need to reassess if they don't win?

Every team has a brief window to win a title, and the Bills are right in the middle of theirs. Expectations need to be HIGH.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The Bills Expectations will be to at a minimum win the division and win a playoff game. I think given the relative inexperience of Josh Allen the pressure to win a SB will not be there. This team has to get more seasoned in the playoffs together and follow-up regular season success now that there are expectations for regular season success. 10 wins and the playoffs was a good season last year even if the playoff loss was heart breaking (clinching by week 16 was sweet and this could have easily been an 11 win team had they needed the last game against the Jets.) 

I think expecting 11 wins against a tougher schedule and to win the division is a good regular season and playoff success even if it is just one win is a must. This team isn't in Super Bowl or bust mode just yet (Although you adjust your expectations) but they need to close that gap between a good team and a contender in this up coming season. 

• Like (+1) 3

Why are we bringing up the 9ers? Did something happen with them?

I'm sure if they don't win the Superbowl they'll just try again next year, like all the other teams.

• Like (+1) 1

The OP is nonsensical, but the Bills are a SB contender this year, period.  The roster is deep and crazy stuff happens in the NFL each year.  The real difference in expectations is whether you believe in Josh Allen or not.  I do.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

5 hours ago, MJS said:

Why are we bringing up the 9ers? Did something happen with them?

I'm sure if they don't win the Superbowl they'll just try again next year, like all the other teams.

Im not absolutely sure, MJS, but you may have heard two of their starting WR’s are going to be out for part or the whole season.  Samuel keeps saying he’ll be back opening day, but medical analysts like Dr. Chow states it is highly unlikely he will make it back that soon.  I don’t know if this is the reference, but that’s the only news I’ve heard about SF.

I think virus will play in how the season comes out, irrespective of format.  Teams that avoid infection will rise.  Those that need to bring up practice squad players will not do as well.  I even forsee games where teams can't dress 46, as they don't have that many heathy bodies.  Avoid the virus (and injuries) and you can have a decent season....if there is a season.  I know the lip service plan, but, nobody really knows.  They will try, but, .......

OP had an original thought. Hes comparing expectations of two franchises and saying he thinks our expectations for our situation dont put as much pressure on obd as a whole. I get what hes saying. ... There might be a hint of Boomer 9ers vs Bills superbowl in there too. Not sure though. I think it's an appropriate expression of a viewpoint for a Bills message board.

8 hours ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

You're all over the place. You like lower expectations for the Bills, but then they need to reassess if they don't win?

Every team has a brief window to win a title, and the Bills are right in the middle of theirs. Expectations need to be HIGH.

This ^^^

At minimum the expectation is for a division win, and a playoff game win. Otherwise we are in effect treading water.

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, akcash said:

OP had an original thought. Hes comparing expectations of two franchises and saying he thinks our expectations for our situation dont put as much pressure on obd as a whole. I get what hes saying. ... There might be a hint of Boomer 9ers vs Bills superbowl in there too. Not sure though. I think it's an appropriate expression of a viewpoint for a Bills message board.

If that’s what you read into it, sure. Makes some sense. 

I saw nonsense about how SF is gonna “combust” and that their “going all in” without really saying much in terms of evidence to all that. 

you had a good point, Tipster (as usual) did not.

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

I expect all teams to "go all in". No game is safe, one player injury can change the outcome of a game or the entire season, good or bad.

It's all in in terms of team building assets at the expense of future years...maxing out cap space with multi year deals, trading a lot of picks for short term value, but leaving the cupboard bare as they say, etc.

9 hours ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

I'd argue the Bills are just at the beginning of seeing their window open. If they are right in the middle, this year is Super Bowl or bust because the window must only be two or three years at most... and I don't see it that way.

I mean, the 2018 season ended just 18 months ago and they didn't look very good.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1