Jack Del Rio is a Trump supporter. Will he get fired?

Cal

Jack Del Rio, longtime coach and current defensive coordinator for the Redskins tweeting some pro-Trump tweets. Will this  affect his job? Others in the NFL sure state their political views. If he does get fired, I would sue the heck out of the NFL if I was him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

Depending on the month, 48-50% of the US are Republican so no this is not a surprise, just like Bruce Willis, Tom Selleck, Kelsey Grammar, and others are conservative.  Who cares about his politics?  If he is a good coach, it doesn’t matter just like it doesn’t matter if any other coach is Liberal, Libertarian, and so on.

Im not giving my political opinion, just I don’t care about people’s political stance as far as their ability to coach football.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

How come it’s okay to be pro everything on one side but you get shunned if you’re pro everything on the other side? It’s called a FREE country for a reason and he is allowed to be a pro-Trump republican if it’s what he truly believes in.  

• Like (+1) 10
  • Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Depending on the month, 48-50% of the US are Republican so no this is not a surprise, just like Bruce Willis, Tom Selleck, Kelsey Grammar, and others are conservative.  Who cares about his politics?  If he is a good coach, it doesn’t matter just like it doesn’t matter if any other coach is Liberal, Libertarian, and so on.

Im not giving my political opinion, just I don’t care about people’s political stance as far as their ability to coach football.

You are going to piss off about half the people any time you take a position. You are extremely unlikely to sway anyone else to vote with you, so my takeaway is..............he’s wrong to take a public position. All he can do is alienate people. Fans who pay his salary through ticket sales and TV ratings.  I don’t feel it’s wise in this situation.    JMO

But NO, he does NOT get fired. Why would he be fired? For expressing an opinion, or for being on the side someone else opposes? 

Edited by Augie

Augie, that was the part I didn’t share that if the OP’s point is don’t share you’re politics (and the old adage is not sex or religion either) I understand as I keep mine to myself.  It doesn’t matter his views, but yes, sharing where publicly people can view invites a problem.  Sad, but the world we live in these days.  Thanks for sharing Augster.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

It’s really sad that we are even discussing this to be a possibility , what’s next Trump supporters will not be welcomed at the stadiums??

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 2

I know it's the off-season, but I really don't see the point in speculating that someone who tweets support for a political candidate is going to get fired.

I mean, it's not even the owner said something about it or the NFL said something about it or the NFLPA said something about it, it's just total speculation.

Put it to bed unless there's something there, we don't need to speculate about everything.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6