Teams will be allowed to tarp off lower rows of seats

I was watching premiere league this morning and everything was covered with tarps , not a single spectator in the stands , was a little wired to watch especially when they had the speakers blasting as if the stadium was full of fans , 

11 minutes ago, Putin said:

I was watching premiere league this morning and everything was covered with tarps , not a single spectator in the stands , was a little wired to watch especially when they had the speakers blasting as if the stadium was full of fans , 

Blasting crowd noise?

If fans won't be allowed in the stadiums or not at full capacity, I really hope neither the stadiums nor the TV broadcast pipes in artificial crowd noise.  Keep it natural, imo.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, 17years&waiting said:

Blasting crowd noise?

If fans won't be allowed in the stadiums or not at full capacity, I really hope neither the stadiums nor the TV broadcast pipes in artificial crowd noise.  Keep it natural, imo.

I caught one of the first Bundesliga matches last month on FS1 and there was no artificial crowd noise, so you could hear the players calling out signals/cues to each other which was kind of a cool extra—seeing how much communication there is at that level 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I caught one of the first Bundesliga matches last month on FS1 and there was no artificial crowd noise, so you could hear the players calling out signals/cues to each other which was kind of a cool extra—seeing how much communication there is at that level 

Yea that lasted for the first 2 weeks of the restart, but they started putting in the crowd noise after that. Only for the telecast though, it’s not happening in the stadium. I can honestly say I like it better, it feels more natural and you forget that fans aren’t actually there when watching.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, 17years&waiting said:

Blasting crowd noise?

I go back and forth on this. It’s so odd watching other sports with an empty stadium and hearing the players echo through the stadium.  But fake noise and possible cgi crowd would be even worse

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Communication is an underrated element of soccer, so that’s kind of cool in it’s own way. 

• Like (+1) 2

"the first six to eight rows of seating in every stadium -- including on-field suites -- will be off limits to fans this season."

Anyone have seats in those rows?  Have you already been contacted, did you get a choice between refunds or different seats?

22 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I go back and forth on this. It’s so odd watching other sports with an empty stadium and hearing the players echo through the stadium.  But fake noise and possible cgi crowd would be even worse

I like the idea of piping in crowd noise that replicates a historical and realistic perspective of past games.  For example Bills in Miami, super loud when Miami is on offense

Edited by shane nelson
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1