2020 NFL roster rankings for all 32 teams: Ravens are first, and Jaguars are last

2 minutes ago, eball said:

Well if that's not a ringing endorsement...  :lol:

PFFfffft.

It is a tool in the toolbox. You have to really take the time to understand what the grades are seeking to do. It isn't helped by the fact that the marketing wing of PFF are intentionally a little loose with how they present them in order to drive business.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Their point on Norman is exactly as I see it. He played pretty well in Washington until last year when the whole thing was a mess. Yes he never lived up to the contract but I think pretty much everyone other than the Redskins' front office knew he wouldn't when they signed him. Maybe he fell off last year and is done but I think more likely the malaise of the franchise infected him. I think the Bills could well get a very good year of #2 corner play out of him.

Hoping for the same. A reunion with McD's system and getting out of the toxic waste dump known as "The Washington Team" should help anyone bounce back at least a little.

6 minutes ago, eball said:

PFFfffft.

? I'll be stealing that

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It is a tool in the toolbox. You have to really take the time to understand what the grades are seeking to do. It isn't helped by the fact that the marketing wing of PFF are intentionally a little loose with how they present them in order to drive business.

They've essentially admitted they bash Josh Allen to drive Bills fans to discuss their content.  No credibility whatsoever.  If you're a data organization, be driven by data.

PFFfffft.

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

? I'll be stealing that

Be my guest.  I've been using it for a couple of years I think.

Edited by eball

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

White finished the year as their 19th ranked corner.... NO. FREAKING. WAY. 

how can anything ranking a player like him at 19th at his position be taken even remotely serious. 

People actually pay for this *****.

16 minutes ago, eball said:

They've essentially admitted they bash Josh Allen to drive Bills fans to discuss their content.  No credibility whatsoever.  If you're a data organization, be driven by data.

PFFfffft.

Bashed Josh in articles yes.... not diminished his grad intentionally. As I say, the marketing department (while very successful at driving subs) doesn't do much of a favour to the content.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Is PFF a pay-for site now?

I get ESPNInsider through my ESPN+ subscription, which I get through my Disney+ subscription.

No clue, re: PFF.  I was talking about ESPN+.  I still don't even know what Disney+ is, LOL.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Is PFF a pay-for site now?

I get ESPNInsider through my ESPN+ subscription, which I get through my Disney+ subscription.

I said it back in the 70s...Disney is not about entertainment, it's about total global domination.  Walt didn't have himself cryogenically frozen for nothing, dontcha know!

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

No clue, re: PFF.  I was talking about ESPN+.  I still don't even know what Disney+ is, LOL.

Ok Boomer. ?

Not to stray too far off topic, but as someone who was already paying for Hulu, the Disney+ package is a great deal.

Hulu, ESPN+ (w/Insider access), and Disney+ for like $13/month.

14 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Ok Boomer. ?

Not to stray too far off topic, but as someone who was already paying for Hulu, the Disney+ package is a great deal.

Hulu, ESPN+ (w/Insider access), and Disney+ for like $13/month.

And Disney+ is just Disney movies/shows (children's programming)?

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

it's one of the few apps that i don't mind paying for.  our kids watch it daily, but there's a ton of non-kid programing on it.  all the disney content is there.  all of the simpsons episodes, all of the marvel movie, and a number of other things that you may not think disney has anything to do with.

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I subscribe. its like $40 a year. theres some interesting reads and it comes with the monthly magazine. cant really see a big downside there.

but I also write it off on my taxes because I supply the magazine to my gym members ??

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I subscribe. its like $40 a year. theres some interesting reads and it comes with the monthly magazine. cant really see a big downside there.

but I also write it off on my taxes because I supply the magazine to my gym members ??

Had no idea you owned a gym.  Are you able to open yet?

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Through 5 weeks last year Levi Wallace was graded as a top 5 corner by PFF.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The PFF system has limitations, for sure. But it isn't completely useless if you understand it

I think these two statements are incompatible together.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

All Disney movies (full archive going back to the 50s), all Disney channel programming. It also has the full Star Wars franchise (all movies and shows), the full Marvel franchise (movies and shows), full Pixar franchise, and National Geographic programming.

Plus the Hulu subscription which is current movies and programming.

Plus ESPN+ which gets you streaming to all the ESPN channels and ESPN+ content (30 for 30 library, live MMA, international sports, and additional NHL games (when there was a season)). And access to ESPN Insider online.

For $13/month

Then I share logins with my siblings and get HBONowMax and Netflix in return.

Add in the HD antenna (and the 40 stations it picks up), and instead of paying $100+ for crappy cable, I'm paying $13/month for more than we can even watch.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

All Disney movies (full archive going back to the 50s), all Disney channel programming. It also has the full Star Wars franchise (all movies and shows), the full Marvel franchise (movies and shows), full Pixar franchise, and National Geographic programming.

Plus ESPN+ which gets you streaming to all the ESPN channels and ESPN+ content (30 for 30 library, live MMA, international sports, and additional NHL games (when there was a season)). And access to ESPN Insider online.

For $13/month

Then I share logins with my siblings and get HBONow  and Netflix in return.

Add in the HD antenna (and the 40 stations it picks up), and instead of paying $100+ for crappy cable, I'm paying $13/month for more than we can even watch.

Oh, so you're a pirate.  

I keed.  I keed.

Awesome deal for $13/month!!  Thanks for splainin' !!

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

For $13/month

Then I share logins with my siblings and get HBONow  and Netflix in return.

we do the HD antennas at work for the tvs.  it's great, and it's shocking how many channels we can get.  it saves me hundreds a month.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Oh, so you're a pirate.  

I keed.  I keed.

Awesome deal for $13/month!!  Thanks for splainin' !!

Ha! Well, yes and no. Both Netflix and HBO have come out in the past and said they do not mind account sharing, and have even setup Profile capabilities so different viewers on the same account can keep to themselves. They'd rather have a few people sharing an account and watching on the official app, than have people pirate their shows and not be able to count those views at all. :thumbsup:

Just now, teef said:

we do the HD antennas at work for the tvs.  it's great, and it's shocking how many channels we can get.  it saves me hundreds a month.

COMET is the best station I've ever found and it was never on cable. Makes switching to the antenna worth it. Great sci-fi and bad B movie content.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Had no idea you owned a gym.  Are you able to open yet?

own and operate a small town gym with 250-300+ members depending on the time of year. also work personally with 15-20 middle school through college level athletes.... the shutdown was not kind to the sole proprietor business(or any business for that matter). I finally got to unlock my doors 2 weeks ago.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

own and operate a small town gym with 250-300+ members depending on the time of year. also work personally with 15-20 middle school through college level athletes.... the shutdown was not kind to the sole proprietor business(or any business for that matter). I finally got to unlock my doors 2 weeks ago.

That is fantastic, man.  I'm glad you were finally able to open.  Gyms were scheduled to re-open up here (Capital District) next Wednesday as we enter Phase 4.  However, an 11th hour change came through yesterday and said gyms, malls and movie theaters will NOT be part of Phase 4.  Still very much in limbo.

I know other small business owners, as well as some furloughed workers ... this has been downright brutal.

I'm glad to hear you could make it through and get your doors back open.  Cheers!

• Thank you (+1) 1