Who will be the next Republican Standard Bearer for 2024?

Who is the next Republican Standard Bearer?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the next Republican nominee for 2024?

• Tim Scott
    • Dan Crenshaw
    • Tom Cotton
    • Ron DeSantis
    • Nikki Haley
    • Rand Paul
    • Marco Rubio
    • Ted Cruz
    • Someone not named

Tim Scott - possibly, but a Senator? Senators never seem to do well in general elections.
Dan Crenshaw - too young, but he's very, very attractive, so he's got my vote!
Tom Cotton - too conservative. He'd never win in the general.
Ron DeSantis - very possibly. He may very well be the Rs best hope.
Nikki Haley - a squish, and she caves to the masses a lot.  I am not saying I dislike her (I do not dislike her), but do not expect her to stand for anything when something else "better" comes along.
Rand Paul - er, no.
Marco Rubio - hello to the no.
Ted Cruz - I like Ted Cruz, but he'll never win in the general. I would love to see him on the SC. That would make a lot of heads explode.

• Like (+1) 2

Nikki Haley would be the establishment favorite.

Tim Scott could compete for that vote, but I could see him doing well.

DeSantis is a little goofy but he's competent and he doesn't back down and would be a favorite to get Trump's endorsement which would matter a lot.  No matter if Trump won or lost.

Cotton would be the new Cruz and compete for the hard right and populists, but I'm not sure how much more appeal he'd have over what Cruz had.

Crenshaw could be the compromise candidate.  Very quick on his feet, could be liked some by all.  

Pence could be strong with the evangelicals and of course if he got the endorsement of Trump that would make him a major player.  

Rubio, Cruz and Rand I think are a thing of the past.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Magox said:

Nikki Haley would be the establishment favorite.

Tim Scott could compete for that vote, but I could see him doing well.

DeSantis is a little goofy but he's competent and he doesn't back down and would be a favorite to get Trump's endorsement which would matter a lot.  No matter if Trump won or lost.

Cotton would be the new Cruz and compete for the hard right and populists, but I'm not sure how much more appeal he'd have over what Cruz had.

Crenshaw could be the compromise candidate.  Very quick on his feet, could be liked some by all.  

Pence could be strong with the evangelicals and of course if he got the endorsement of Trump that would make him a major player.  

Rubio, Cruz and Rand I think are a thing of the past.

pretty funny that Rubiio, Cruz and Rand are a "thing of the past"

their combined age is probably close to Trump & Biden 

9 minutes ago, spartacus said:

pretty funny that Rubiio, Cruz and Rand are a "thing of the past"

their combined age is probably close to Trump & Biden 

I could be wrong.

My political analysis is often wrong.

36 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

Where are the ACTUAL, actionable conservatives in that list?

I have zero confidence in any of them to resist the pressures applied by the leftist media in this country.

Provide names.  I just put names there that were at the top of my head.

Nicky Haley.  I haven't seen the "it" factor with a politician since Obama came onto the scene in '04 until now.  She's one of the few who worked for Trump, stood up to him several times, and left on good graces. 

• Like (+1) 3

I would prefer someone who will continue to take the fight to the Deep State. Like Meadows, Jordan, Nunes, or Collins.

Also adding: Ratcliffe and Grenell.

Edited by Hedge
  • Like (+1) 1

If Tim Scott could make it through the primaries, I could see him being the toughest one to beat.  He's not a divisive figure so the Anti Scott vote really wouldn't be strong.  He appeals to both conservatives and moderate Republicans.  I could see him doing well with suburban women voters and he could conceivably get 20%+ of the African American vote, which would seal the deal for him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

HALEY / SCOTT 2024

SCOTT / HALEY 2024

...LMAO!!...can you imagine the MSM feeding frenzy about "Token Tim and his Female Cohort"?....could be a five year shortage on popcorn......maybe Popcorn Futures are worthwhile??....

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Jaraxxus said:

Where are the ACTUAL, actionable conservatives in that list?

I have zero confidence in any of them to resist the pressures applied by the leftist media in this country.

Are you kidding?  Have you heard Cruz speak/read his tweets?  He's an outspoken voice, and rails against the media.  I voted for him in the general, and as some others here have said, I abstained in the presidential election this last time.  Trump will get my vote this time, and I'm hoping to have the opportunity to vote for Cruz again.

• Like (+1) 3