Should Steve Tasker be in the Hall of Fame?

Tasker was uncoverable as a receiver.  I don't know why he wasn't used as a slot receiver more often.  Edelman reminds me of the kind of receiver Tasker was. 

Tasker could also be an effective ball carrier.  I recall a game in which the Bills used the old single wing formation and ran the pants off of whomever they were playing. Tasker had almost 200 yards rushing.

This guy could do it all.

2 hours ago, Old Coot said:

Tasker was uncoverable as a receiver.  I don't know why he wasn't used as a slot receiver more often.  Edelman reminds me of the kind of receiver Tasker was. 

Tasker could also be an effective ball carrier.  I recall a game in which the Bills used the old single wing formation and ran the pants off of whomever they were playing. Tasker had almost 200 yards rushing.

Tasker has 130 rushing yards in his career with a career high of around 70 

The Old Coot's memory isn't what it used to be.  I think that I was thinking of the Bill's last playoff victory -- 30 Dec 1995 against the Dolphins.  The Bills rushed for 341 yards.  Tasker only for 7 but he did have 108 yards receiving on 5 receptions.

Plus they may have run the Wing-T not the single wing.

That game was also Shula's last game.

13 hours ago, Old Coot said:

The game was a LOT simpler back in our Super Bowl years.

Tasker would have been heavily used as a slot guy if he played now.

He would have been just as good as Welker and Edelman in New England too, if a guy like Brady was throwing him the ball.

I have always said he should be in the HOF not because he was a really good special teams player or even a great one, but because he was the best single guy all time in that third of the game.

But yeah, he was a hell of a receiver too.  Just a hell of an athlete, really.

9 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

The game was a LOT simpler back in our Super Bowl years.

Tasker would have been heavily used as a slot guy if he played now.

He would have been just as good as Welker and Edelman in New England too, if a guy like Brady was throwing him the ball.

I have always said he should be in the HOF not because he was a really good special teams player or even a great one, but because he was the best single guy all time in that third of the game.

But yeah, he was a hell of a receiver too.  Just a hell of an athlete, really.

I disagree.  He wasn’t nearly as good as those guys.  Just because he’s a little white guy doesn’t mean he was as good as them.    He wouldn’t have been “heavily used”.  We spread the ball around just fine and he was an afterthought.  He didn’t play for a reason.  

He belongs in the HoF if the voters think being a special teams standout is worthy of such.  Seems to me that they don’t think much of it after all these years.  Personally, I’d love to see him make it because I’m a Bills fan but I don’t think he’ll ever get in

It’s such a tough call.  He’s probably never getting in but if STs is a 1/3 of the game, he should.  Dude was dominant at what he did. And I met him a few times and it’s absolutely mind blowing that he is a former nfl player and did what he did.  Definitely deserves to be on the wall.