Should Steve Tasker be in the Hall of Fame?

I have mixed feelings about this.  

Because of him the gunner going out of bounds can be penalized. Therefore he “changed the game” so he should be in the HOF.  

However, his strategy was kind of gimmick, and I don’t think his body of work is HOF worthy. 

I would be happy to see him get in, but I don’t really think it should happen. 

• Sad 1

Steve Tasker single-handedly put special teams players on the map. They were a complete afterthought before him. How many special teams players are named Pro Bowl MVP? (1992) He deserves to be in the Hall.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

What are your thoughts? You can certainly make an argument for him, but I think it’s hard to include him. That era in Bills football already has a ton of HOF representation. 

Tasker is HOF worthy for what he did on Special teams... Far better then any Jets Special teams player! :) Also having a lot of HOF players from that BILLS era shouldn't have any weight into deciding if he is put in. That's just ridiculous!   

11 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

What are your thoughts? You can certainly make an argument for him, but I think it’s hard to include him. That era in Bills football already has a ton of HOF representation

Really a painfully dumb statement in bold.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

What are your thoughts? You can certainly make an argument for him, but I think it’s hard to include him. That era in Bills football already has a ton of HOF representation. 

IMO he should be in the HOF

Count me in the “Yes” category. There are player in the HOF that were not as good as he was. 

If STs is to be considered equal to the other two phases of the game then he needs to be in. 

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Yes.  He was the best all around special teams player.  Coverage, returns, everything. 

4 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Yes.  He revolutionized the importance of special teams.

For this combination of reasons, he belongs in the HOF. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Putin said:

He was the Best at what he did so you got my answer 

And nobody else has come close since.  Sure there have been KR and PR who put up huge yardage in certain years and made the Pro Bowl but none have sustained it over an entire career!  Steve was a helluva WR when he lined up but Marv refused to play him offensively.

• Like (+1) 1

Per usual on this topic, yes. :beer:This hit alone should get him in:

Anyone who actually was able to watch the man play and see how he singlehandedly many times was able to swing a game’s momentum to the Bills when needed most will attest to this. As others upthread have said already, also a stellar WR in his own right. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Per usual on this topic, yes. :beer:This hit alone should get him in:

Anyone who actually was able to watch the man play and see how he singlehandedly many times was able to swing a game’s momentum to the Bills when needed most will attest to this. As others upthread have said already, also a stellar WR in his own right. 

he held on to the ball?!?!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MyDogLuvsPB said:

Steve was a helluva WR when he lined up but Marv refused to play him offensively.

Jim Kelly said that if Steve had started at WR, they'd have won a couple of those Super Bowls. When Tasker heard that quote, he replied, "Yeah, and comments like that are what caused the league to implement drug testing."

Oh, and count me as a Yes vote on the non-poll. Steve Tasker is synonymous with Special Teams. Even their initials are the same. ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1