Should Steve Tasker be in the Hall of Fame?

If they can put kickers and punters in the HOF, they can put in someone like Steve Tasker.

But there are few others who were legendary ST performers like Reyna Thompson.

The Steve Tasker debate will live on. ?

• Like (+1) 4

There's a few posters on here that are adamant he should not be in the HOF, but I think most Bills fans think he should be.

And he is widely considered the best special teamer of all time, although there are a few others in the conversation as well.

I think he will get in eventually but it may take a long time.

As long as there are special teams in the NFL, guys who excelled on special teams should qualify for the HOF.  Tasker definitely excelled.  I would have to go back and study all the games again (I am not going to) but I recall, at one point, somebody did an analysis of his impact on the Bills. Over the 4 Super Bowl seasons, he contributed plays that directly contributed the team winning about 9 games.  For a guy who wasn't on the field that much, he was as productive and as impact-full as he could possibly be. People argue against kickers because the "barely break a sweat", but Tasker was very physical for a smaller guy.  What gave him his biggest edge, however, was his situational awareness. He knew the game inside out, and was always aware.  He was a brilliant player.  I would definitely put him in.  

• Like (+1) 6

6 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

What are your thoughts? You can certainly make an argument for him, but I think it’s hard to include him. That era in Bills football already has a ton of HOF representation. 

No, troll.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

There is one aspect of the Tasker debate that will become more interesting in the next several years...

He has, in many people’s opinions, been equaled—if not passed—as a STer by Matthew Slater of NE******. And I think there will be some push to get Slater into the HOF (by Belichick and Kraft).

So the committee will have to ask themselves how they feel about putting Slater in ahead of Tasker, which would be very difficult to justify given how much better Tasker was as a WR.

45 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

He has, in many people’s opinions, been equaled—if not passed—as a STer by Matthew Slater of NE******. And I think there will be some push to get Slater into the HOF (by Belichick and Kraft).

No doubt Kraft will have a hand in it...

?

• Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I would but not before some other STers on this list.  (Note: this list is not updated.)  https://www.stadiumtalk.com/s/best-special-teams-players-nfl-history-c8f50eef62574034

The two guys listed ahead of Tasker on that list arent eligble yet for the HOF.

IMO Tasker absolutely belongs.

It is rather obnoxious to read all the "erudite" Bills fans constantly dumping on Tasker as an announcer

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Like (+1) 1