Top 10 linebackers in the NFL

I think some people are vastly underrating our LB core. Edumonds was playing at an All-Pro level the back half of last season and was still a high quality player in the first half of the season. Milano has been a borderline Pro-Bowl LB the past two seasons. Both could easily make the Pro-Bowl in 2020 (assuming there is a season) and Edumonds could easily make the All-Pro team. 

Yet when talking about our LB core there is a significant minority of fans who seem to view the LB corps as an average unit. If a Possible All-Pro and Pro-Bowl pairing (along with Klein who is a starting caliber player as the third LB) is meh to some people I don’t know what people would consider to be a good unit?

3 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

his stats are sick.   Edmunds is def top 10.  and his ceiling is massive.  

I’d still love to see a better run stuffer and pass defender there, and Edmunds outside, but he fits the bill inside esp with out DT’s.  

Do you understand what Edmunds does to opposing offenses in the passing game?  

22 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Despite retirement? 

Wagner and Moseley are better than all of these active names. 

Yes, he could come back for us if he wanted ala Gronk... So until he is enshrined in the HoF then he is #1 as he is the GOAT. Watt and LvE and Edmunds will end up being HoFs as well... Wagner should, Mosley maybe

38 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Yes, he could come back for us if he wanted ala Gronk... So until he is enshrined in the HoF then he is #1 as he is the GOAT. Watt and LvE and Edmunds will end up being HoFs as well... Wagner should, Mosley maybe

I wasn’t sure about Kuechly cause I didn’t think they let massive roid-heads in the HOF, but then I remembered Urlacher.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Rico said:

I wasn’t sure about Kuechly cause I didn’t think they let massive roid-heads in the HOF, but then I remembered Urlacher.

It feels like you uppercutted each of my testicles individually with brass knuckles:cry:

Also the only juice Kuechly is running on is Sexy-juice

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Do you understand what Edmunds does to opposing offenses in the passing game?  

yep.  I’m simply saying that someone who is a better run stuffer and good against the pass would be enable Edmunds to be even more dangerous with his skill set at olb. 

32 minutes ago, First Round Bust said:

which leads to the question; have to re-sign this guy for sure when it comes time; but do you resign Milano as well - thats 10+ mill per LB - affordable or not ?

I guess if Milano wants 10 mill per you have to let him walk.  He doesn't impact opposing teams the way Edmunds does, and hopefully we can draft a replacement.    (Also depends on the cap at the time.). 

Just now, RyanC883 said:

yep.  I’m simply saying that someone who is a better run stuffer and good against the pass would be enable Edmunds to be even more dangerous with his skill set at olb. 

I understand the against the run......he isnt a guy that sticks his head into a hornets next he tends to use his freak athletism there......still not bad

but in the pass game?  Frankly he does not have many equals.....the way he covers ground and his freakish length makes it really hard on opposing QBs to "drop" the ball into spots in the middle of the field because he tips them.......he is also a big reason why along with our secondary of why it is really hard to pass on our top rated defense.

I think I would like him to stay where he is and improve the OLB spots for pass rushing

7 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I think Edmunds would be a better OLB than MLB.

Bingo.  He has the athleticism to be good wherever, but I feel he's being wasted at MLB.

If this were a Belichick coached team, Edmunds would be in the Ninkovoch/Vrabel role, wreaking havoc!

16 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Bingo.  He has the athleticism to be good wherever, but I feel he's being wasted at MLB.

If this were a Belichick coached team, Edmunds would be in the Ninkovoch/Vrabel role, wreaking havoc!

Yeah, but its about the team. The team is better off with him at MLB, which is the point I was making that you cut off...

14 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Yeah, but its about the team. The team is better off with him at MLB, which is the point I was making that you cut off...

Agree. Sticking Edmunds on the outside would diminish some of his strengths... The ability to go sideline to sideline, drop into deep middle, etc. People often miss a few nuances such as Edmunds - and Milano - are excellent at coverage which allows Hyde and Poyer more flexibility to disguise what they’re doing. As for run defense, he’s not a thumper, but I’m sure that being 6-5 and 250+ makes an impact. Plus, when some of those backs try to jump cut Edmunds length often allows him to compensate. He’s difficult to gameplan and prepare for because he’s unique at the position. 

Some impressions by Henry and Ingram...

“Henry admitted he learned something new about Edmunds later in the regular season.

“I didn't know he was that young until they played the Steelers,” he said of the 21-year-old Edmunds. “He's a big dude. He's fast, physical. He's going to be one of the great ones when it's all said and done.”

Henry wasn’t the only Pro Bowl running back to come away from a game against the Bills with a positive impression of Edmunds. The Ravens’ Mark Ingram was held to just 50 yards on 15 carries (3.3 yards per carry) in Baltimore’s Week 14 win over the Bills. Edmunds made eight tackles in that game, including two for losses, and also intercepted a Lamar Jackson pass.

“He's big, fast, physical,” Ingram said of Edmunds. “He runs with speed sideline to sideline. Great game awareness. So he was just a linebacker who you truly had to know where he was at, because he can make an impact on your game and affect your game in a negative way if you don't account for him.”

https://buffalonews.com/2020/01/24/tremaine-edmunds-on-growing-leadership-role-with-bills-thats-a-challenge-im-ready-to-take-on/

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/25/2020 at 5:52 PM, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

That is a spicy take. Dead wrong, but hey, shoot for the stars man. 

I know he is the better athlete but he is still growing.  Milano has a better understanding on the defense and is never out of place.  I am a huge Edmunds fan and was one of his at Tech too

18 hours ago, Billzgobowlin said:

I know he is the better athlete but he is still growing.  Milano has a better understanding on the defense and is never out of place.  I am a huge Edmunds fan and was one of his at Tech too

Milano was great two years ago, but just ok last year. He was the weak link on the run defense. He got smmmmoked against Philly. It was always his gap that was being exploited.