Top 10 linebackers in the NFL

Wow. That's pretty surprising. I don't think he is a top 10 linebacker yet, but he has the potential to be a top 5 linebacker down the road. Let's hope he realizes his potential.

He just needs to keep learning and get the mental side of the game down so he can just cut loose and go make plays.

• Like (+1) 11

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

Wow. That's pretty surprising. I don't think he is a top 10 linebacker yet, but he has the potential to be a top 5 linebacker down the road. Let's hope he realizes his potential.

He just needs to keep learning and get the mental side of the game down so he can just cut loose and go make plays.

They are actually predictions for next year if you read the article.

2 hours ago, MJS said:

The first part they said they are ranking him based on his projection because he is so young still. I think he will be top 5 in the next couple years. 

52 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

5 of the 10 were picked in the 2018 draft.

Smith #8

Edmunds #16

LVE #19

Leonard #36

Warner #70

Great class for LB's.

Yeah, what a class!

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, MJS said:

Yeah....the mental game haas to improve...that 3rd and 18 play in the dying minutes of OT where he was beyond the 1st down marker allowing Johnson to squeeze by for the first down was a mental lapse of not knowing the situation.   He will learn anad get better

• Like (+1) 1

It will be fun to watch his growth.  He will be a top 10 talent down the road.  This rank was a little high at this point, but happy for him.  I was looking at the other rankings and Singletary although only played 12 games, had the sixth highest yards per carry at 5.1.  He should have been considered at the 10th spot, but this year will probably be even better.

Honestly, I don’t really care that much about these lists.   As long as we win the division, go deep in the playoffs, etc., that’s all that matters to me.  This is why the only time I ever look at power rankings is on threads here.  

• Like (+1) 1

The article states he has not played like a top 10 guy. This is all about potential.  He has a long way to go to be top 10 linebacker.  He isn't even in top 10 of middle linebackers yet.  He has flashed a few times but still takes bad angles.

I still say he should be an OLB. I think he would be a top 5 OLB right now.

8 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

5 of the 10 were picked in the 2018 draft.

Smith #8

Edmunds #16

LVE #19

Leonard #36

Warner #70

Great class for LB's.

Edmunds will be 3rd on that list soon.  LVE injuries are going to hurt him a lot...Smith regressed last year and I think is slightly overrated.  

Edmunds is a fun player because he is so polarizing.  Though not so much the case today, this time last year a large contingent considered him a terrible MLB, if not a bust.  In the end, it sort of boils down to what you think a MLB should be: a thumper from the 1990s or a pass defender of the modern game.  If you think this is a passing league, and you think what he does clogging up space in coverage is more important than filling the gap, you tend to think Edmunds is a phenomenal player. If you think MLB's primary purpose is to run stop, you probably think he is average.  

• Like (+1) 3

his stats are sick.   Edmunds is def top 10.  and his ceiling is massive.  

1 hour ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Edmunds is a fun player because he is so polarizing.  Though not so much the case today, this time last year a large contingent considered him a terrible MLB, if not a bust.  In the end, it sort of boils down to what you think a MLB should be: a thumper from the 1990s or a pass defender of the modern game.  If you think this is a passing league, and you think what he does clogging up space in coverage is more important than filling the gap, you tend to think Edmunds is a phenomenal player. If you think MLB's primary purpose is to run stop, you probably think he is average.  

I’d still love to see a better run stuffer and pass defender there, and Edmunds outside, but he fits the bill inside esp with out DT’s.  

43 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

his stats are sick.   Edmunds is def top 10.  and his ceiling is massive.  

I’d still love to see a better run stuffer and pass defender there, and Edmunds outside, but he fits the bill inside esp with out DT’s.  

I think Edmunds would be a better OLB than MLB. However, I think the Buffalo Bills defense is better because he an MLB, and not an OLB.  Edmunds isn't just a rare talent because he can chase TEs and slot WRs down the seam.  He is amazing because his size and speed deters QBs from throwing over the middle, and pushes everything underneath and down the seams.  I don't think any other LB in the league could do that.  That skill is more valuable than anything else he brings to the table, and it will never be captured in the stat sheets.  Fans will never appreciate, except when once a year or so a Cover1 or other x/o junkie writes some not-so-circulated article about just that.  

• Like (+1) 4