Things that make you go hmmm...

Just Jack

54 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Well, does Heineken in the cans not go 'skunky', where I defy anyone to find a green bottled Heineken that's 'good'?  I think you're on to something.  ?

UV rays are not rejected by green or clear bottles. If you still drink bottled beer, stick with brown.

I stand behind kegged or canned Heineken. It's actually really good when not in a bottle.

1 minute ago, Seasons1992 said:

UV rays are not rejected by green or clear bottles. If you still drink bottled beer, stick with brown.

I stand behind kegged or canned Heineken. It's actually really good when not in a bottle.

I had a Heineken Light recently.  Was much better than the “leaded” version.

A Mayor in a small town generally gets a small stipend - these days, probably about $12K a year, but in the '70's, probably like $2K.  They generally work full time jobs, or it's a retirement thing.

So why did the Mayor in "Jaws" fight tooth & nail to keep the beaches open, risking everyone's lives, just to keep tourist money flowing in?  Was his brother in law in charge of beach concessions or something?

Makes no sense.

• Haha (+1) 1

We define a year as one revolution around the sun. Other planets in our solar system take different amounts of time to make one revolution, so their “year” is not the same as ours.  With that said, when watching Sci-fi movies and tv shows and a character refers to an alien being “x years old”, are they referencing an earth year, or the aliens home planet year?

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

We define a year as one revolution around the sun. Other planets in our solar system take different amounts of time to make one revolution, so their “year” is not the same as ours.  With that said, when watching Sci-fi movies and tv shows and a character refers to an alien being “x years old”, are they referencing an earth year, or the aliens home planet year?

That depends upon accepted canonical belief regarding the work of science fiction, context of the time unit under discussion, and how OCD the author and the fanbase are regarding the work.  Sheldon Cooper might have much more stringent rules than I would.  ?

2 hours ago, Just Jack said:

The universal translator does the unit conversion.

6 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Do deaf people think that farts are funny?

They can still smell, right? Sucks for them! No warning to evacuate! 

14 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Weather forecast: what's the difference between "partly sunny" and "partly cloudy?"

Well, it’s NOT the “partly”? All I got.....

Edited by Augie

On 6/24/2020 at 1:15 PM, Gray Beard said:

There are people who don’t like soccer, but they like baseball.

I love soccer ( ️ Chelsea) 

Love baseball ( ️ Yankees )

Love hockey ( ? Red Wings ) 

GOOO BILLS ??
NBA can go defund it’s self !! 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yeah, but the smell of a fart isn’t the funny part.  It’s the snap, crackle, pop that brings the funny!

That’s also the part that tells you to create some distance. I think this is part of why they should be considered a protected class.

If the rest of the community knows to back up, how do we protect these people from your chili induced flatulence? The sound of the fart could be less amusing than the look on the face of the guy who didn’t hear it, but now we are on the next level. 

On 6/27/2020 at 5:07 AM, WhoTom said:

Weather forecast: what's the difference between "partly sunny" and "partly cloudy?"

True story.
You know it's winter in Oregon when the weatherman lectures you on the difference between the rain and shower forecasts then tells you he is forecasting rain showers.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.