Things that make you go hmmm...

Just Jack

On 6/24/2020 at 1:00 PM, Marv's Neighbor said:

Blame the face masks.

If they'd wear the damn masks over their nose and mouth like God intended, their fingers would be free to type

Finger mask ....like Chin Mask, but even less effective

On 6/24/2020 at 2:11 PM, Seasons1992 said:

@Jimmy Spagnola

Black olives are already ripe, and can carry botchulism. They have to heat the cans up and the jars wouldn't survive that. Green olives aren't completely ripe, but sit in salty brine, so no worries with that.

Except one can can food in glass jars just fine - including pressure canning.  Been there, Done That.

On 6/30/2020 at 7:42 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Could you just scale that tho?

So what do they think is beyond it??

God, that or a parking lot...

• 1 year later...

This morning on the local news (before 7am) one of the talking heads said (I'm paraphrasing) "Thanks for letting us be a part of the best part of your day."  And I'm thinking, if getting ready to go to work is the best part of your day, how crappy is the rest of your day typically? 

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

This morning on the local news (before 7am) one of the talking heads said (I'm paraphrasing) "Thanks for letting us be a part of the best part of your day."  And I'm thinking, if getting ready to go to work is the best part of your day, how crappy is the rest of your day typically? 

Some questions are their own answers.

Diesel prices!  Diesel is one of the lowest grade/cheapest to produce petroleum distillates. 

In the 70's when we had a gas shortage, diesel passenger vehicles were at a premium.  Couldn't find a diesel VW, or Oldsmobile.  The downside was you had to fuel at a truck stop.

Everything that we consume is delivered by diesel powered vehicles.  If the Govt would suspend/repeal the tax on diesel, we may have a start at some level of recovery.

Jet fuel is a close relative of diesel, so the traveling Mafia will feel that too. It's one big Hummmmm!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.