Buffalo Bills kicker Tyler Bass brings power and his ‘golden stroke’ to Buffalo

muppy

46 minutes ago, billsgpr88 said:

This is like saying lottery tickets are a good investment because some guy hit big once.

No not at all.

Every lottery ticket initially has "value", it CAN win you whatever, odds of you cashing in are way against you put it does have value.  6th round picks have some "value", the odds of getting a good players are 2 way against you but it is possible.  In the Brady instance possibly the GOAT.

So let me ask you a question, if 6th rounders have "no value" does that mean you stop watching the NFL draft after the fifth?  Or you dont know who the Bill s pick in the 6th or 7th, and you could care less about any UDFA they sign.  Is that accurate?

On 6/24/2020 at 7:05 PM, blacklabel said:

I thought Hopkins was going to be named the starter and then he got hurt which led to them signing Carpenter, who kicked well enough that they'd stuck with him even when Hopkins was cleared. 

Exactly,  Carpenter was having a great season by the time Hopkins was healthy.  Then we signed Carpenter to a 3 year deal. Which made perfect sense at the time.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

No not at all.

Every lottery ticket initially has "value", it CAN win you whatever, odds of you cashing in are way against you put it does have value.  6th round picks have some "value", the odds of getting a good players are 2 way against you but it is possible.  In the Brady instance possibly the GOAT.

So let me ask you a question, if 6th rounders have "no value" does that mean you stop watching the NFL draft after the fifth?  Or you dont know who the Bill s pick in the 6th or 7th, and you could care less about any UDFA they sign.  Is that accurate?

unless I am missing something, you say they are not at all similar and then proceed to describe how they are in fact similar (both have some value because they can turn out to be winners). This was part of the point I was making: a lottery ticket and a 6th rounder both have potential when you first get them, but the probability that you win big on either is highly, highly unlikely statistically. Tom Brady is the powerball winner; for every hall of famer picked after the 5th rounder, there are hundreds of players who barely make the team (ok, so 6th rounders are not AS unlikely to hit on as a lottery ticket). But the point is that 6th and 7th rounders are 2nd stringers or special teamers like 95% of the time, and another thing to consider is that you are just about as likely to find a similar level of talent from the UDFAs or free agency at that point. 

Edited by billsgpr88

6 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Hauschka is the 12th most accurate kicker in NFL history and is still 35. I don't mind that we drafted a kicker, but I want them to keep the best player. TO assume this kid is going to be a top 10 all time kicker is a huge reach right now. 

Problem with that is it isn't about Hauschka's past... It's about his future as a kicker and he has not shown enough recently.

Frank Gore is a future HoF player but I can guarantee you that it doesn't matter b.c he isn't good enough anymore. Same goes with Hauschka's past.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1