Game Attendance decided by team

nucci

18 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Thanks for that quote. IA was spot on.

We live in a strange time when science denial is merging with an anti-expertise movement where lay people know more than those who’ve spent years becoming educated on a subject. 

Ironic.

And, yes, I agree with you. 

13 hours ago, Beast said:

Honestly, I really don’t care if my opinion and the way I live my life pisses people off.

Here’s one for you....did you wear a mask during the Flu season? Did you complain about those people that didn’t? People still get sick with the Flu even after getting vaccinated. Around 60,000 people a year die in this country due to the Flu.

Should we all social distance during the Flu season? Wear masks? Shut businesses down?

No? Why not? Is 60,000 people a year dying an acceptable number?

What is your acceptable number before we all have to take a virus seriously?

At least you have good self awareness.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Not having a league policy would be a mistake, IMO, for two reasons:

1) Teams with more fans in the stands will have a bigger home field advantage than those with fewer.

2) Because of the above point, teams that reside in higher risk areas (LA, New Jersey), will be under increased pressure to allow more fans in the stadium than may be recommended by experts.

Lets keep a level playing field, so to speak.

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Like (+1) 2

On 6/30/2020 at 3:46 PM, BUFFALOBART said:

...Received this e mail from the Bills today:

Thank you for your continued support of the Buffalo Bills. We hope you and your family and friends are staying safe and healthy.

While the possibility exists that no spectators will be permitted at New Era Field for the 2020 season, we continue to work with the NFL and state and local government agencies to establish policies and procedures to create and maintain the safest possible environment for spectators.

As we navigate this unprecedented offseason, we recognize that there may be questions about the upcoming season and we are working diligently on guidelines that will provide a safe environment at New Era Field. We appreciate your patience and understanding and we will remain in contact with you in the days and weeks ahead.

As guidelines are established, we will communicate them to all ticket purchasers as soon as possible, including any changes to our seating capacity. Until then, we will not be charging or taking any additional season ticket payments.

Please understand that in a reduced capacity scenario, seat locations and availability for season ticket members may be adjusted.

In addition, all season ticket members will be given the opportunity to opt out of their season ticket commitment for this season with an option to return for the 2021 season while maintaining their account seniority and seat location. An email with opt-out information will be sent in the coming days.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your account representative.

Whether you are cheering on the team from our house or yours, we look forward to celebrating an exciting year of Bills football with you.

Go Bills!

Chris Colleary

Vice President of Ticket Sales and Service

They didn't need any more words after this, other than not losing seniority/seats for not attending the 2020 season. 

We should all agree that having zero people in the stadium is without a doubt the "safest possible environment for spectators". 

• Like (+1) 1

and to stir the pot there is this link

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/06/23/nfl-attendance-will-be-determined-state-by-state-county-by-county/

“Attendance will be a state-by-state, county-by-county thing,” an unnamed NFL source told Daniel Kaplan of TheAthletic.com. “It will not be a one size fits all.”

Which means that in some states, fans will be present for games. In others, not. And even though this will create inequities when it comes to crowd noise, that apparently will be acceptable because a one size fits all approach to attendance will result in no fans being present, for any NFL games.

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So no different than other years 

I know everyone likes to joke about Jax attendance, but last year it was 22nd in average and 93% full.  Buffalo was 16th and 96% full.  

The real losers are the Raiders, Bucs and Bengals, even the Skins.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2020 at 9:55 PM, matter2003 said:

We can revisit this topic in August and see how things worked out.

Getting closer to August and the highest number I've seen is 1135 deaths.(SC)

Maybe we should close down everything.  I wonder what the death toll would be if there wasn't any food in the grocery store.  Nobody had money to buy food but everybody knew their neighbor had food.

On 6/29/2020 at 7:10 PM, Augie said:

How about today? Have you been tested today? THAT is a question you cannot answer. 

Why is this so hard for people? 

Stay in your cave then.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

8 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Stay in your cave then.

I’m not in a cave at all. I’m just practical. I can’t assume I don’t have it. If I tested negative yesterday or last week, it means nothing today. 

My son’s fiancé is on a long planned trip with friends. Upon return she will be on a two week quarantine, easier because she is furloughed. I still shop, eat out (patios almost exclusively) and get around town. I just wear a mask in stores and behave responsibly.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I’m not in a cave at all. I’m just practical. I can’t assume I don’t have it. If I tested negative yesterday or last week, it means nothing today. 

My son’s fiancé is on a long planned trip with friends. Upon return she will be on a two week quarantine, easier because she is furloughed. I still shop, eat out (patios almost exclusively) and get around town. I just wear a mask in stores and behave responsibly.  

As do I.  It seems to be a reasonable thing.  I have been a little more cautious lately as I have a couple possible symptoms.  It's ironic as I have followed the protocol from the beginning.  I just have not and still do not advocate for solutions that are worse than the problem.

2 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Getting closer to August and the highest number I've seen is 1135 deaths.(SC)

Maybe we should close down everything.  I wonder what the death toll would be if there wasn't any food in the grocery store.  Nobody had money to buy food but everybody knew their neighbor had food.

Stay in your cave then.

If deaths are all you are worried about then you simply don't get it.

For every person that dies, 20 more have permanent heart damage. Others have permanent lung damage. Permanent kidney damage. Liver damage. Abnormal bloodwork.

This isn't JUST and issue of who is dying today. It's an issue of how many people will be dying 20 years or 30 years before they normally would have if they had not gotten this down the road due to permanent damage to their bodies. 

And the deaths haven't caught up with the case counts yet. They also are being manipulated due to politics in some states where obvious COVID deaths aren't being counted as such because of the type of test they got. It's all pretty much BS. If you want a true death count the only real way would be to look at historical data for the last 20-30 years and see what the average number of deaths in the US is over the first 7 months of the year and then see what the number of deaths are for the first 7 months if this year. The overage is going to be COVID deaths and I will almost bet it is far more than what the "official" count is.

But if you keep wanting to cling to the number of deaths as a great sign then cool. I'm pretty sure a lot of the previously healthy people who now can't walk up a flight of stairs without having to stop for 5 minutes to catch their breath might wish they were dead instead of having to deal with that the rest of their lives. What is their quality of life now that they are reduced to being a 90 year old man trapped in a 30 year old body?

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

For every person that dies, 20 more have permanent heart damage. Others have permanent lung damage. Permanent kidney damage. Liver damage. Abnormal bloodwork.

Neurological damage too. A close friend has seen a number of “recovered” COVID patients at Strong and they are fuuuu**ed up. Nobody knows how long that damage is gonna last either.  

Edited by jimmy10

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

This isn't JUST and issue of who is dying today. It's an issue of how many people will be dying 20 years or 30 years before they normally would have if they had not gotten this down the road due to permanent damage to their bodies. 

And the deaths haven't caught up with the case counts yet. They also are being manipulated due to politics in some states where obvious COVID deaths aren't being counted as such because of the type of test they got. It's all pretty much BS. If you want a true death count the only real way would be to look at historical data for the last 20-30 years and see what the average number of deaths in the US is over the first 7 months of the year and then see what the number of deaths are for the first 7 months if this year. The overage is going to be COVID deaths and I will almost bet it is far more than what the "official" count is.

But if you keep wanting to cling to the number of deaths as a great sign then cool. I'm pretty sure a lot of the previously healthy people who now can't walk up a flight of stairs without having to stop for 5 minutes to catch their breath might wish they were dead instead of having to deal with that the rest of their lives. What is their quality of life now that they are reduced to being a 90 year old man trapped in a 30 year old body?

Link or is this just speculation?

4 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Are you sure the whole pandemic isn't being manipulated the other way around.

On 7/3/2020 at 10:38 AM, todd said:

You are forgetting a number of facts. One - there is a flu vaccine. Even a semi-effective flu vaccine provides *some* protection to those infected.Two - the flu is less contagious and less fatal. This is a fact. More people have died of Covid in three months than the flu in a year. Three - Covid can overwhelm hospital ICU departments. The flu does not. Three - there are a few treatments for the flu, like Tamiflu. Four - there is a general herd immunity for the flu. Most smart people get a flu shot. That doesn't exist for covid.

The idea of comparing covid to the flu is just false equivalency. It's kind of stupid.

I certainly hope you consider others in difficult situations when you make your decision not to wear a mask, and the impact your selfishness might have on others.

I agree with some of what you say.  The main thing I will say though is that there is that most people are A symptomatic or are only sick for a day or 2.  You simply compare the numbers to the size of the population and you can see that.  I think this version of COVID might be ahead of your average flu and don't understand people's resistance to wearing a mask.  The Spanish Flu made COVID-19 look like the common cold and the results of destroying the world economy will kill far more people than Corona.

21 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Last weeks news ...  with 20% capacity limits, NE is raising ticket prices.  

LOL   suckers 

I could see for the 2021 season assuming everything is normal that every single team will be raising the prices of season/individual tickets. You know the owners are going to want to recover as much of the losses that they will have this 2020 season. You know what they say about **** running down hill. It's not the owners, coaches, or players at the bottom of the hill.

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Link or is this just speculation?

Study showing patients suffering permanent damage even after recovering

https://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2020/06/02/covid-health-effects

COVID Deaths not being classified properly

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/07/about-30-covid-deaths-may-not-be-classified-such

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/texas-health-officials-remove-over-3-000-probable-coronavirus-cases-from-overall-count

3 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Are you sure the whole pandemic isn't being manipulated the other way around.

Yeah, pretty sure it's all being made up.  Get real.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1