Game Attendance decided by team

nucci

1 hour ago, Beast said:

And, yet, still less than 1% of the population has tested postive over the last three months and much, much less than that have died from it and, those that have "died" from Covid-19, quite a majority of those had something going on to begin with.

I appreciate the warning and the cocern (I'm being honest about that) ER stories about Covid really don't scare me. I've been dealing with the public face to face since Covid arrived and nobody was even required to wear masks the first month plus into it.

LikenI said, appreciate it. I'll wear my mask where I am told to to get service or my job, and that is where it ends.

Wearing masks at football games won't go over well at all. 

Do you wear masks when entering stores that require them?

On 6/27/2020 at 3:36 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

People who argue against masks think because a basic cloth mask only gives you 50% protection from catching the virus, it's not worth doing. But what a basic cloth mask DOES do is keeps your spit to yourself. That's where the 80% reduction comes from. The point of a mask is to protect everyone else from YOU!  If everyone is protects each other, guess what happens? 

But everyone’s positive they don’t have it, only other people do. Duh!

unfortunately not accurate but I think that’s what quite a few folks think. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/27/2020 at 4:39 PM, formerlyofCtown said:

As I've said.  I'm not against masks at all.  I do believe I said exactly what you are saying.  It prevents those who have it from spreading it.

No need to protect them from me.  I don't have it.  I've been tested.

How about today? Have you been tested today? THAT is a question you cannot answer. 

Why is this so hard for people? 

Edited by Augie
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Augie said:

How about today? Have you been tested today? THAT is a question you cannot answer. 

Why is this so hard for people? 

Because those people simply do not care.  If they can't see it they can't believe it.  Or it's a "liberal" thing.  It's such a simple request and people are out here throwing fits.  If we get into another shutdown because of the spread then what?

Edited by purple haze

I dont know why so many people just assume that there will be a cure or a vaccine that will actually work. We have been trying to cure cancer for over 100 years. The first aids/hiv case was reported in June of 1981 and we have no cure. Diabetes, Crohn's disease, Graves disease, Huntington's and a zillion other things that we have been working on have no cure. Even if they do come out with a vaccine how long will it take to make and distribute it to a population over 320 million?

Restaurants, stores etc cant keep operating at 1/2 capacity. That is a reality. The airlines are already saying that middle seat stuff is out the window. They just cant operate like that.

Everyday it seems like a major employer is going out of business or filing for bankruptcy. Neiman Marcus, J. Crew, Bath & Body Works, Nordstrom etc etc etc. Yesterday it was Chuck E Cheese. You cant turn the economy on and off at will and the fed cant keep printing up fake money or we are going to start to see some good old 1970's style inflation and even more business gone.

Our governor has just decreed malls cant open until they have some type of super HEPA filters to clean out the air. Think about that. Can you even imagine what that would cost for just the Walden Galleria? The same malls that haven't been collecting rent for the last 4 months are now supposed to be spending hundreds of thousands of dollars (if not millions) on air filtration systems? This "new normal" we are getting from the state of NY is unsustainable.

A lot of people dont have a job to go back to and once that extra $600 from the feds runs out in 4 weeks its going to get hanky real fast around here.

I know I go against the grain here but to me at least the bottom line is if I cant hug my kids and grand-kids I am not "living " anyway. I have no intention of spending the last years of my life waving at family and loved ones from the curb. Hiding in my home with curtains drawn and only scurrying out to get supplies is not my idea of life.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, steven50 said:

I dont know why so many people just assume that there will be a cure or a vaccine that will actually work. We have been trying to cure cancer for over 100 years. The first aids/hiv case was reported in June of 1981 and we have no cure. Diabetes, Crohn's disease, Graves disease, Huntington's and a zillion other things that we have been working on have no cure. Even if they do come out with a vaccine how long will it take to make and distribute it to a population over 320 million?

Restaurants, stores etc cant keep operating at 1/2 capacity. That is a reality. The airlines are already saying that middle seat stuff is out the window. They just cant operate like that.

Everyday it seems like a major employer is going out of business or filing for bankruptcy. Neiman Marcus, J. Crew, Bath & Body Works, Nordstrom etc etc etc. Yesterday it was Chuck E Cheese. You cant turn the economy on and off at will and the fed cant keep printing up fake money or we are going to start to see some good old 1970's style inflation and even more business gone.

Our governor has just decreed malls cant open until they have some type of super HEPA filters to clean out the air. Think about that. Can you even imagine what that would cost for just the Walden Galleria? The same malls that haven't been collecting rent for the last 4 months are now supposed to be spending hundreds of thousands of dollars (if not millions) on air filtration systems? This "new normal" we are getting from the state of NY is unsustainable.

A lot of people dont have a job to go back to and once that extra $600 from the feds runs out in 4 weeks its going to get hanky real fast around here.

I know I go against the grain here but to me at least the bottom line is if I cant hug my kids and grand-kids I am not "living " anyway. I have no intention of spending the last years of my life waving at family and loved ones from the curb. Hiding in my home with curtains drawn and only scurrying out to get supplies is not my idea of life.

Do you have any idea how much better we are at dealing with cancer? HIV/AIDS was a death sentence when Magic Johnson had his press conference........many decades ago (I remember where I was when I heard that).  Retail has been withering away for years. We almost never go shopping at the mall.  Things arrive at our door daily because there is a better inventory on line. The world is changing, we need to keep up. This is not all Covid related. This is the future that was coming regardless, but maybe a little expedited.

I get the hurt, believe me. My son’s fiancé was furloughed and will have to find a new career. Their “public wedding” was put off until next year.  Large conventions (her field) will not be happening any time soon. They are young, she’s smart and will pivot. They will be fine. My wife thrives on change, and I’ve learned a lot by watching. This sucks, but it also represents opportunity for those with foresight. That is a fact. 

This has not been handled the way I’d like to have seen, but I’m not giving up. Having no vaccine (yet) or cure doesn’t mean we don’t have better treatment protocols. I don’t  hug my 92 year old mother right now, but we get together in responsible ways. It’s not ideal, but I’ll make the most of it and appreciate what we CAN do. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Retail has been withering away for years. We almost never go shopping at the mall.  Things arrive at our door daily because there is a better inventory on line. The world is changing, we need to keep up. This is not all Covid related. This is the future that was coming regardless, but maybe a little expedited.

Retail isn't the only thing hurting. I live off my military pension and my dividends from investing. I keep a very close eye on the market. Plenty of industries are hurting now. Tens of thousands of oil workers are on the street right now and with capacity at nearly 100 percent those people wont be working any time soon.  That is from the guy working the rig to the people on the ships to the people that maintain the pipelines and the guys that drive the trucks. Its basically the 1970's steel crises all over again in that industry.

Any cruise line not named Carnival could be filling tomorrow, and truth be told Carnival is only surviving due to scale. Auto industry sales are down 38%. Plants are closed or operating at diminished capacity. People without jobs dont go on cruises and they dont buy new cars.

Tourism, Sports, Entertainment, Retail, Marketplaces, Restaurants and Fintech are Most Affected by COVID-19 Lockdown https://www.marketwatch.com/press-release/5-industries-most-affected-by-covid-19-lockdown-2020-04-21

People are not taking this seriously and its easy to see why. All of whats going on in these industries should be in the news everyday but pimping fear is easier. Joe average doesn't even know its going on.

Anxiety is a very real problem and we will be dealing with the after effects of this for years to come.

I do not know of anyone that that has died from covid-19. My son had it and a friend had it. My 30 yr old son didn't even know he had it and my friend was sick for about three days. On the other hand I have a friend whose 20 yr old son has turned into a recluse basically refusing to leave the house except for food. I  Know of another guy that was a drug addict, clean and sober for over 12 years that is using again because he has been sitting in house for the last 4 months doing nothing but collect that extra $600 a week.

That is not to mention all the people with preexisting health conditions that haven't been able to see a doctor, many of whom have probably been self medicating, or the tens of thousands that will find out they have an incurable cancer or other disease that could have been cured if they could have got that test done back in March or April that they were scheduled for. Heart disease Kills about 650,000 every year and Cancer kills around 600,000 BTW.

This is on top of the work from home push that will probably shutter some office buildings and tech complexes across the country. A lot of people are about to have no job to go back to.

You can revisit this comment in a couple weeks after that money runs out. I predict sky rocketing crime, double digit unemployment, and higher taxes. and its already starting to happen IMO. Even CNN admits that https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/06/26/violent-crime-rising-gingras-nr-vpx.cnn . I hope you get to tell me I was wrong but I dont think so. This is just like the steel plant closings of the 70's only on a national scale.

Edited by steven50

Right now I am concerned with the following, in no particular order:

-How are we going to have a realistic opening of schools in the Fall that doesn't have to quickly change and is effective?

-Will we even have an NFL season? I don't give a crap if fans aren't in the stands at this point.

-Will I realistically be able to fly back from Hawai'i to WNY to visit my 76 year old Dad, 71 year old Mom and the rest of my family for my week off in the beginning of October and still get back to teaching my students immediately when I get back home?

It's funny. My wife and I keep an EXTREMELY small social circle... meaning we essentially keep to ourselves along with her Stepdad and Mom (who is currently stuck in Thailand) and occasionally her Dad, Stepmom and little sister. We don't wear masks around them and act pretty normally. Like I said, though, my wife and I are pretty much hermits. We've been acting pretty much normal other than washing hands more and wearing masks when out. I find some of the dialogue in this thread very interesting.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

I understand the other issues discussed, but what is most likely from the title of the thread is there will not be fans in the stadiums.  I’m not saying I want or don’t want it, just this the most likely scenario.  The cases here in FL are skyrocketing and the highest incidence is 25-34.  We all have to wear masks anywhere in an enclosed place except home.

Bottom line is it won’t be the NFL or teams making the call.  It will the respective Governors.  States who have opened too early and seeing spikes in cases are closing back down one by one.

5 hours ago, steven50 said:

Retail isn't the only thing hurting. I live off my military pension and my dividends from investing. I keep a very close eye on the market. Plenty of industries are hurting now. Tens of thousands of oil workers are on the street right now and with capacity at nearly 100 percent those people wont be working any time soon.  That is from the guy working the rig to the people on the ships to the people that maintain the pipelines and the guys that drive the trucks. Its basically the 1970's steel crises all over again in that industry.

Any cruise line not named Carnival could be filling tomorrow, and truth be told Carnival is only surviving due to scale. Auto industry sales are down 38%. Plants are closed or operating at diminished capacity. People without jobs dont go on cruises and they dont buy new cars.

Tourism, Sports, Entertainment, Retail, Marketplaces, Restaurants and Fintech are Most Affected by COVID-19 Lockdown https://www.marketwatch.com/press-release/5-industries-most-affected-by-covid-19-lockdown-2020-04-21

People are not taking this seriously and its easy to see why. All of whats going on in these industries should be in the news everyday but pimping fear is easier. Joe average doesn't even know its going on.

Anxiety is a very real problem and we will be dealing with the after effects of this for years to come.

I do not know of anyone that that has died from covid-19. My son had it and a friend had it. My 30 yr old son didn't even know he had it and my friend was sick for about three days. On the other hand I have a friend whose 20 yr old son has turned into a recluse basically refusing to leave the house except for food. I  Know of another guy that was a drug addict, clean and sober for over 12 years that is using again because he has been sitting in house for the last 4 months doing nothing but collect that extra $600 a week.

That is not to mention all the people with preexisting health conditions that haven't been able to see a doctor, many of whom have probably been self medicating, or the tens of thousands that will find out they have an incurable cancer or other disease that could have been cured if they could have got that test done back in March or April that they were scheduled for. Heart disease Kills about 650,000 every year and Cancer kills around 600,000 BTW.

This is on top of the work from home push that will probably shutter some office buildings and tech complexes across the country. A lot of people are about to have no job to go back to.

You can revisit this comment in a couple weeks after that money runs out. I predict sky rocketing crime, double digit unemployment, and higher taxes. and its already starting to happen IMO. Even CNN admits that https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/06/26/violent-crime-rising-gingras-nr-vpx.cnn . I hope you get to tell me I was wrong but I dont think so. This is just like the steel plant closings of the 70's only on a national scale.

Excellent post sir, well done.  Your seeing crime go thru the roof now, with this defund the cop crap.  It is criminal how the media portrays situations, especially COVID & these riots/protests.  Perfect example is the two BPD that are being sued for that arrest last month.  Yeah it looks bad on camera, what the local media especially channel 2 has failed to tell you was this guy who was arrested was known gang banger and has been causing trouble for the local authorities for years.  There is a special place in hell for these media members that thrive on creating fear among society.  

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I understand the other issues discussed, but what is most likely from the title of the thread is there will not be fans in the stadiums.  I’m not saying I want or don’t want it, just this the most likely scenario.  The cases here in FL are skyrocketing and the highest incidence is 25-34.  We all have to wear masks anywhere in an enclosed place except home.

Bottom line is it won’t be the NFL or teams making the call.  It will the respective Governors.  States who have opened too early and seeing spikes in cases are closing back down one by one.

Less then 1% of the people in wny are testing positive, there are under 40 hospitalizations in Erie County due to COVID & NYS overall is in single digit deaths for the past week per day.  If your the Pegula's and it is truly up to the teams to decide whether to allow fans in the stadium, why wouldn't they allow fans at the CAP with those kind of dwindling numbers?

17 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Excellent post sir, well done.  Your seeing crime go thru the roof now, with this defund the cop crap.  It is criminal how the media portrays situations, especially COVID & these riots/protests.  Perfect example is the two BPD that are being sued for that arrest last month.  Yeah it looks bad on camera, what the local media especially channel 2 has failed to tell you was this guy who was arrested was known gang banger and has been causing trouble for the local authorities for years.  There is a special place in hell for these media members that thrive on creating fear among society.  

Less then 1% of the people in wny are testing positive, there are under 40 hospitalizations in Erie County due to COVID & NYS overall is in single digit deaths for the past week per day.  If your the Pegula's and it is truly up to the teams to decide whether to allow fans in the stadium, why wouldn't they allow fans at the CAP with those kind of dwindling numbers?

I thought it was Cuomo who makes that call for NY sports teams.

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

I thought it was Cuomo who makes that call for NY sports teams.

I can't comment on Cuomo on these boards anymore or I will be suspended again by the great Simon.  

2 minutes ago, Gordio said:

I can't comment on Cuomo on these boards anymore or I will be suspended again by the great Simon.  

I know politics is a no-no but I thought it is up to him as far as fans attending games go in NY. Same around the country with each governor/mayor of that region. The league has to follow the rules of the government. That was my understanding. Hoping the Bills can have fans at New Era as this should be a great season.

My rep confirmed this morning that the first 6 to 8 rows of New Era will be tarped off this year.  So the NFL mandate is true for that. 

They also confirmed Canadian season ticket holders will receive a refund or credit for any games where the border is closed.

Also, the Bills have not announced the early access sale for remaining seats to individual games to season ticket holders.  There may be fans this year* but clearly there will be no full stadiums in Buffalo.

* I don't think we'll see fans in the stands.  Flu season starts in Oct and hits full speed in December.  Sneeze droplets hang in the air for a good 10 seconds and longer in cold weather.  
While 60 - 80K people die of the flu every year 128K are already dead and we are only at the half way point of the year.

My fan side wants to be in the stadium, but my rationale side says it's a recipe for disaster

55 minutes ago, driddles said:

My rep confirmed this morning that the first 6 to 8 rows of New Era will be tarped off this year.  So the NFL mandate is true for that. 

They also confirmed Canadian season ticket holders will receive a refund or credit for any games where the border is closed.

Also, the Bills have not announced the early access sale for remaining seats to individual games to season ticket holders.  There may be fans this year* but clearly there will be no full stadiums in Buffalo.

* I don't think we'll see fans in the stands.  Flu season starts in Oct and hits full speed in December.  Sneeze droplets hang in the air for a good 10 seconds and longer in cold weather.  
While 60 - 80K people die of the flu every year 128K are already dead and we are only at the half way point of the year.

My fan side wants to be in the stadium, but my rationale side says it's a recipe for disaster

My friend whose dad works for the bills told me that they are leaning towards allowing season ticket holders to attend.  Take it for what it is worth because my rep told me nothing has been decided but did say if no fans are allowed the bills will issue a full refund or you could get a credit for next years season, it is up to you.

One last thing, WNY has only 34 Hospitalizations right now with only 9 ICU patients, they have not had anybody pass away from Covid in 3 days and only 2 deaths in the past 7 days.  If these numbers keep trending downward, which I know is a big if, why wouldn't fans be allowed at the stadium this year.  

Edited by Gordio