Game Attendance decided by team

nucci

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 6:49 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

One thing that could make everyone safer attending games is wearing a mask. Such a simple thing but you know 15-20% won't do it.

Promo, do you drink beer, or any other liquids at football games? Do you eat? I assure you that I am NOT being a wiseass with those questions.

"Wearing a mask" becomes cliché at a football game if one plans to remove it for every sip of beer and every bite of a hotdog, wouldn't you say? Half of them will be ripped apart by the end of the game, or so I think.

Oh and masks at a tailgate? Seriously? Do you see what people do at these things and actually think these people will be concerned with masks?

Of course, jmo.

Edited by Bill from NYC

25 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Promo, do you drink beer, or any other liquids at football games? Do you eat? I assure you that I am NOT being a wiseass with those questions.

"Wearing a mask" becomes cliché at a football game if one plans to remove it for every sip of beer and every bite of a hotdog, wouldn't you say? Half of them will be ripped apart by the end of the game, or so I think.

Oh and masks at a tailgate? Seriously? Do you see what people do at these things and actually think these people will be concerned with masks?

Of course, jmo.

You can distance yourself (somewhat) from people while tailgating. With many drinking beers and eating food it's obvious that people won't wear masks. Just make it mandatory to have people wear one if they want to get inside the stadium. Sitting with 72,000 inside New Era I would hope people would have the common sense to wear them. I realize that every fan base has their share of idiots. Security will have to enforce the mask wearing policy.

3 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

From what they said on WGR yesterday it likely will be determined by the state with each state having different guidelines

Cuomo is a Bills fan so maybe he allows 72,000 inside New Era

Edited by Greg S

49 minutes ago, Greg S said:

With many drinking beers and eating food it's obvious that people won't wear masks. Just make it mandatory to have people wear one if they want to get inside the stadium. Sitting with 72,000 inside New Era I would hope people would have the common sense to wear them. I realize that every fan base has their share of idiots. Security will have to enforce the mask wearing policy.

For entrance to the stadium, I agree. After that there will be little if anything at all they (and even the police) will be able to do, especially in this current political climate.

I am not calling fans idiots either, but imo anyone attending a game is not doing so with safety in mind. I just got my $280 refund for 2 tickets to a concert that was changed from July to Sept. 29. I like this musician, but not enough to sit through a show under these conditions.

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

Of course, jmo.

To a certain point you are correct. However, if the seating is reduced and distancing is maintained the chances of a cluster go down. Security would need to enforce the policies though. I think teams that have outdoor stadiums will be better off here. Particularly if they eliminate food and beverage purchases in the concourses and have the venders deliver to the seats. Should be possible with phone apps.... as would a cutoff on the number of beverages served. 

Tailgating is a different matter entirely. They might have to just ban it completely or confine folks to the lots they park in until game time. 

20 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

wow.   Cal season ticker holder!!   how many games do you make it tk?   That’s dedication!

Usually about 4 in Buffalo and a few roadies. I hit about 6-8 games a year. This was going to be the best year too- so many West Coast games. Hoping I can get through the turnstiles for some! 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, matter2003 said:

From what they said on WGR yesterday it likely will be determined by the state with each state having different guidelines

with the goalposts moving the way they are (no pun intended),I wouldn’t count on NYS allowing NFL games with fans even if the #s continue to decline.

7 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Of course, jmo.

Actually I don't eat or drink in game. I do it all at the tailgate. 

But if you do have to eat or drink, do it and put the mask back on. Simple.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

On 6/23/2020 at 7:19 PM, Don Otreply said:

Waivers of said variety are not legally binding. That and you are advocating an environment that would spread the virus like a California wild fire, and then spread it throughout multiple communities afte a game, not really a good idea wouldn’t you agree? I mean if you don’t care about others being infected by your actions I could see why you would advocate for your scenario... Just sayin, 

So stay in your caves.

Just sayin

12 hours ago, Greg S said:

You can distance yourself (somewhat) from people while tailgating. With many drinking beers and eating food it's obvious that people won't wear masks. Just make it mandatory to have people wear one if they want to get inside the stadium. Sitting with 72,000 inside New Era I would hope people would have the common sense to wear them. I realize that every fan base has their share of idiots. Security will have to enforce the mask wearing policy.

Cuomo is a Bills fan so maybe he allows 72,000 inside New Era

I don't practice social distancing at all.  I do wear a mask so as to not offend people who are in fear of the virus.

We had 5 people at the plant I work get COVID.  The worst case we had the guy was sick for a day and a half.  The other 4 did not get sick at all.  That should tell you something.  Wash your hands with soap and water (not hand sanitizer, as it kills you bodies natural defenses) frequently and wear a mask as we do in our plant and you'll be fine.  For as many people on this board who claim to be able to do analytics there are a lot of ppl on this board that fear a virus that is very unlikely to cause them an issue.  But that's just my opinion based on analytics and the opinions of 5 doctors I personally know.

13 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I don't practice social distancing at all.  I do wear a mask so as to not offend people who are in fear of the virus.

We had 5 people at the plant I work get COVID.  The worst case we had the guy was sick for a day and a half.  The other 4 did not get sick at all.  That should tell you something.  Wash your hands with soap and water (not hand sanitizer, as it kills you bodies natural defenses) frequently and wear a mask as we do in our plant and you'll be fine.  For as many people on this board who claim to be able to do analytics there are a lot of ppl on this board that fear a virus that is very unlikely to cause them an issue.  But that's just my opinion based on analytics and the opinions of 5 doctors I personally know.

There’s the disconnect. It’s not about fear, it’s about empathy and mitigating risk of infecting others. Fear implies selfishness. How do I know? The opinions of 6 doctors I personally know, but not in a biblical way. 

12 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Those five doctors should quit the profession before they cause real harm. From your description, they are absolutely clueless about SARS-CoV-2, how it’s spread, and the enormous strain it’s placed on hospitals and health care professionals in various areas around the world. Those five doctors are a disgrace to the Hippocratic oath. 

13 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

yeah...you don't know 5 doctors.

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

So stay in your caves.

Just sayin

I love this all-or-nothing play.  Well you can't guarantee I won't get Covid-19 100% so don't do anything. Even though if everyone wore masks and made a modest effort at distancing infection rates would drop by 80%. But noooooooo. 

5 minutes ago, teef said:

yeah...you don't know 5 doctors.

Doctors of mixology.

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I love this all-or-nothing play.  Well you can't guarantee I won't get Covid-19 100% so don't do anything. Even though if everyone wore masks and made a modest effort at distancing infection rates would drop by 80%. But noooooooo. 

i hate that approach too.  i'm out and about.  i'm not "staying in my cave", but i stay vigilant with the mask, distancing, etc.  i wouldn't go to large public events at this point, but if it's legal, and people want to go...so be it.  i just hope everyone tries to keep this thing under check.  

there's just nothing worse than being accused of living in fear, and then having someone spew complete misinformation about what's going on.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, teef said:

i hate that approach too.  i'm out and about.  i'm not "staying in my cave", but i stay vigilant with the mask, distancing, etc.  i wouldn't go to large public events at this point, but if it's legal, and people want to go...so be it.  i just hope everyone tries to keep this thing under check.  

there's just nothing worse than being accused of living in fear, and then having someone spew complete misinformation about what's going on.  

I'm just north of 60 so a little caution is called for. But I also have parents and in-laws in their late 80's. Am I supposed to not give a crap about them?