Game Attendance decided by team

nucci

If anything, I think they should let the fans themselves decide. Offer a waiver of liability and let in as many as want to come. Don't allow any kind of fan, player interactions like we see so often, but let them choose for themselves whether they want to be there. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Well Jacksonville will need to find a way to add more fans for their max attendee level. 

Remove the tarps, and every fan gets their own section!

(If they give the tickets away, of course.) 

• Haha (+1) 5

Never thought I’d say this, but being in New York may actually work in the Bills favor here. By September COVID should be A small blip on New York’s radar. Barring any cases coming in from other states and being uncontrolled outbreaks. Real question, will the Jets and Giants have to abide by New Jersey’s attendance capacity limits? I would assume so. 

Edited by PetermansRedemption
  • Like (+1) 1

As an out of state season- California- season ticket holder, I'm curious to know how this is going to work. Let's say that allow 20K into games to start the year, how are season ticket holders going to go to games? Are they going to randomly assign you 1, 2 or 3 games to attend? Also, I'm preparing to spend a lot more money getting into away games. I think we should just call our tailgate a protest and we'll be set.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, H2o said:

If anything, I think they should let the fans themselves decide. Offer a waiver of liability and let in as many as want to come. Don't allow any kind of fan, player interactions like we see so often, but let them choose for themselves whether they want to be there. 

Agreed. Sure, some of them might contract the disease and then spread it to people who did not go to the game, did not sign a liability waiver and who obeyed all the rules about large gatherings but those people should just shut up and die, or recover or whatever because we need football. While we are at it, why not let drunk drivers decide for themselves if they want to drive drunk? Sure, some people might get hurt or killed or whatever but c'mon, freedom has a price.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 7

2 minutes ago, Mickey said:

Agreed. Sure, some of them might contract the disease and then spread it to people who did not go to the game, did not sign a liability waiver and who obeyed all the rules about large gatherings but those people should just shut up and die, or recover or whatever because we need football. While we are at it, why not let drunk drivers decide for themselves if they want to drive drunk? Sure, some people might get hurt or killed or whatever but c'mon, freedom has a price.

The ultimate Karen post 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mickey said:

Agreed. Sure, some of them might contract the disease and then spread it to people who did not go to the game, did not sign a liability waiver and who obeyed all the rules about large gatherings but those people should just shut up and die, or recover or whatever because we need football. While we are at it, why not let drunk drivers decide for themselves if they want to drive drunk? Sure, some people might get hurt or killed or whatever but c'mon, freeDUMB has a price.

FIFY

Just now, SCBills said:

The ultimate Karen post 

Why would that be a Karen post? Is it because the country is doing so well overall right now and really cutting down the spread of a killer virus? Is it because people are listening to the doctors and scientists who are telling them how to avoid the spread?

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

good news for the Bills

7 minutes ago, Jamie Nails said:

As an out of state season- California- season ticket holder, I'm curious to know how this is going to work. Let's say that allow 20K into games to start the year, how are season ticket holders going to go to games? Are they going to randomly assign you 1, 2 or 3 games to attend? Also, I'm preparing to spend a lot more money getting into away games. I think we should just call our tailgate a protest and we'll be set.  

I’ll bring the signs and the flammable liquid (that happens to also be potable).

I honestly doubt this will be the way the NFL proceeds. No official announcement so far because (I believe) no OFFICIAL decision has been made, or at least released. i'd be shocked if they make any real decision or announcement until things get a bit more figured out. That could be a while.

• Like (+1) 5

8 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I honestly doubt this will be the way the NFL proceeds. No official announcement so far because (I believe) no OFFICIAL decision has been made, or at least released. i'd be shocked if they make any real decision or announcement until things get a bit more figured out. That could be a while.

Agreed.  If nothing else, the NFL has  been consistent with league-wide mandates rules since the beginning of the pandemic.  And what's been consistent is that EVERYTHING has been one-size fits all - contrary to what the anonymous NFL source said.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Mickey said:

Maybe look up all of the negative consequences of economic collapse and quarentine, including rising suicide and death rates, increased domestic violence rates, decreased mental health, etc.

For every 1% increase in unemployment there is an increase of 37,000 deaths (including 20,000 heart attacks), 920 suicides, 650 homicides, 4,000 state mental hospital admissions and 3,300 state prison admissions. Unemployment has increased by about 8-10 percent, so we are talking 300,000 to 400,000 deaths due to shutting down the economy and people losing their jobs. What's the death toll for COVID-19 so far?

And I want to watch football.

35 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Why would that be a Karen post? Is it because the country is doing so well overall right now and really cutting down the spread of a killer virus? Is it because people are listening to the doctors and scientists who are telling them how to avoid the spread?

Are you saying scientists and doctors have finally come to a consensus? For every one of them claiming one thing, there are three claiming the opposite.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

The ultimate Karen post 

Not a Karen post.

51 minutes ago, MJS said:

Are you saying scientists and doctors have finally come to a consensus? For every one of them claiming one thing, there are three claiming the opposite.

I think you're confusing doctors with politicians. Doctors and medical professionals are pretty much in agreement.  Unless you're talking about some talking head hired to give an "alternative opinion" on certain channels.

One thing that could make everyone safer attending games is wearing a mask. Such a simple thing but you know 15-20% won't do it.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Jamie Nails said:

That's a lot of miles!

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Waivers of said variety are not legally binding. That and you are advocating an environment that would spread the virus like a California wild fire, and then spread it throughout multiple communities afte a game, not really a good idea wouldn’t you agree? I mean if you don’t care about others being infected by your actions I could see why you would advocate for your scenario... Just sayin, 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, H2o said:

It's working well in Florida and Texas!!

Anyway,  "waivers" offer the team limited liability protection.  They won't protect the Bills against claims of gross negligence.  Suppose the stadium staff are not allowing for, or enforcing government guidelines for distancing and an attendee gets ill.  I think allowing 50-60K fans in would amount to negligence per se.