Buffaloed - New Movie

The Avenger

Was wondering if anyone else had seen the movie "Buffaloed" - I just watched it last night on Hulu. Looks like it came out in limited release February but the world kind of fell apart soon after so I was unaware it even existed until it showed up on my Hulu suggestions.

Funny little film about a girl who grew up in Buffalo but always wanted to get rich and get out. While the movie takes plenty of shots at Buffalo, it also has a bunch of cultural references to the city that only a Buffalonian would understand. Lots of Bills references and merchandise everywhere, even a scene where they are supposedly at the Ralph for a game. Chicken wings are everywhere and there's a great scene where a judge and lawyer get into it over Anchor Bar vs. Duffs that had me laughing.

Anyway, I've seen no comments here about it so I'm guessing this movie flew under the radar for others as well - if you've seen it let me know what you thought.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This was a small film that was released in February.

I never made a movies post for that month, otherwise I would have included this film in it.

It has a good score on Rotten Tomatoes.

Edited by Mark Vader

6 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

This was a small film that was released in February.

I never made a movies post for that month, otherwise I would have included this film in it.

It has a good score on Rotten Tomatoes.

The one month that there's a movie called "Buffaloed" about Buffalo....

Why do you hate this city?!?!

• Haha (+1) 2

• 4 weeks later...

Buffalo, I heard is like the champion debt collecting center of the universe. And mean too.  With in the business  in other areas, the consensus  is: "What the hell are they  putting in the water  up there  in Buffalo."

Yikes... Great claim  to fame! Voodoo debt collectors.  /smh

I refuse to watch that movie.  I heard his brother, Chris, basically just talk a bunch of crap about Buffalo because he was probably some dork who had no friends here.  I’m completely fine with pointing out Buffalo’s weaknesses but you don’t put down Buffalo to the national media if you’re from here.  

• 3 weeks later...

I finally checked out the movie.  

I'm not a Buffalonian so I can't speak as much as some people here how the attention to detail was with the Buffalo references but I thought it wasn't bad.  Pop, the brother drinking Genesee, wings, and the love for the Bills were all displayed.  At the beginning it did seem to portray Buffalo as a city with a major inferiority complex but it got better as the movie went along.  

Much like the movie itself the main character Peg to me was somewhere in the middle in the likability factor.  She was a hustler who scalped fake Bills tickets at times but she was shown to have a heart at other times as well.

Overall it's not a bad watch.  On a personal note the last line of the movie cracked me up 

Edited by Another Fan

12 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

I finally checked out the movie.  

I'm not a Buffalonian so I can't speak as much as some people here how the attention to detail was with the Buffalo references but I thought it wasn't bad.  Pop, the brother drinking Genesee, wings, and the love for the Bills were all displayed.  At the beginning it did seem to portray Buffalo as a city with a major inferiority complex but it got better as the movie went along.  

Much like the movie itself the main character Peg to me was somewhere in the middle in the likability factor.  She was a hustler who scalped fake Bills tickets at times but she was shown to have a heart at other times as well.

Overall it's not a bad watch.  On a personal note the last line of the movie cracked me up 

That really isn't far off

Mostly everybody here has a chip on their shoulder. Whether they feel they've been overlooked ,pushed around ,haven't had enough opportunities etc

It's not really an inferiority complex but it's a massive chip on their shoulder like Tom Brady

28 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

That really isn't far off

Mostly everybody here has a chip on their shoulder. Whether they feel they've been overlooked ,pushed around ,haven't had enough opportunities etc

It's not really an inferiority complex but it's a massive chip on their shoulder like Tom Brady

I thought while visiting Williamsville/Amherst last summer it was very nice.  

I hear what your saying but I always find overall a friendliness in Buffalo I don't always find everywhere.  People willing to help out strangers kind of thing 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Another Fan said:

I thought while visiting Williamsville/Amherst last summer it was very nice.  

I hear what your saying but I always find overall a friendliness in Buffalo I don't always find everywhere.  People willing to help out strangers kind of thing 

The people are friendly everywhere in Western New York... and williamsville and Amherst are gorgeous but it's not exactly the City of Buffalo, they are some of the nicest suburbs 

You get that big chip on your shoulder in the actual City people. Like Lovejoy or the east side or west side, South Buffalo etc those are the people that feel like they've always been overlooked

• Like (+1) 1