Nick O'Leary Recovering from Heart Attack

19 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

When I asked my Doc how long would the Greenfield filter be inside me, he basically said, as long as I’m alive, he alluded it would be messy to remove it, anyway it’s still in me... this was thirty five years ago, 

Glad you're ok and doing well!

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

The greatest chunk of O’Leary’s risk is now that he has proven atherosclerotic disease.

So much more the reason to control as much as possible to reduce future risk.

5 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

There are no such dietary changes that will reverse his risk.  Maintaining an normal BP, blood sugar and lipid profile are his only weapons.  His disease didn't result form his diet.

Ah, Horse$#!+... are you an attorney for the medical community perhaps?

1 minute ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Ah, Horse$#!+... are you an attorney for the medical community perhaps?

LOL----Yes!  You got me.

I am the most powerful legal advocate for the medical community that I know.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GaryPinC said:

?  Diet can play a significant role in all 3.  It's a reasonable assumption genetics was the main factor, are you saying just medicate and don't worry about the diet?

Sounds like what a doctor would say... "Diet does not affect your health" all while having the WHO and CDC contradict them.. They need to get their stories straight if they are going to lie...

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

LOL----Yes!  You got me.

I am the most powerful legal advocate for the medical community that I know.

Either a doctor or an attorney hired by the medical community... doesn't mean I wouldn't smash:wub:

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

When I asked my Doc how long would the Greenfield filter be inside me, he basically said, as long as I’m alive, he alluded it would be messy to remove it, anyway it’s still in me... this was thirty five years ago, 

That's because he doesn't have the skill to remove it bro! Also doesn't want the liability if he were to fillet you on the OR table and leave you deceased...

10 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Sounds like what a doctor would say... "Diet does not affect your health" all while having the WHO and CDC contradict them.. They need to get their stories straight if they are going to lie...

Either a doctor or an attorney hired by the medical community... doesn't mean I wouldn't smash:wub:

That's because he doesn't have the skill to remove it bro! Also doesn't want the liability if he were to fillet you on the OR table and leave you deceased...

I appreciate your support.

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

It will be far longer than that! lol

Yours is not retrievable.  It should be fine as is.

Edited by Mr. WEO

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Fine, play hard to get:cry: Don't be surprised when we end up in a courthouse stall or a hospital bathroom, possibly both...:bag:

He may be entitled to compensation for a faulty Greenfield... are you offering legal assistance or medical advice:lol:

11 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Fine, play hard to get:cry: Don't be surprised when we end up in a courthouse stall or a hospital bathroom, possibly both...:bag:

He may be entitled to compensation for a faulty Greenfield... are you offering legal assistance or medical advice:lol:

Both.  His filter is providing lifetime protection

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

One would hope, ?

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/23/2020 at 10:09 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Wow that’s horrible. And I would think rare for a professional athlete given the typical training and diet. 

Yes, rare for an athlete.

My doc says genetics play a large role. Some could eat celery sticks 24/7 and still suffer heart disease. Apparently O'Leary falls in that group. Also, those of Irish descent appear more susceptible to heart disease. The good news: if caught early, statin drugs are effective.

Heart treatment is amazing these days. O'Leary back in 2021 is not unreasonable.