Korean Spicy Chicken > Hot Wings ?

Teddy KGB

5 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Going in for round 2 

Got all spicy last time.     Went half and half spicy and soy garlic this time.   

Let’s see how the lady fares with the spicy 

How far away is CM Chicken in Hampton?

2040 Coliseum Dr

Hampton, VA 23666

We have one in Houston and its pretty awesome.  

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

How far away is CM Chicken in Hampton?

2040 Coliseum Dr

Hampton, VA 23666

We have one in Houston and its pretty awesome.  

20 mins.     I’ll definitely try it next time.   It’s got a 5 star rating.  

Stuck with the bonchon again.   

Edited by Teddy KGB

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

I'm confused.  All I've gotten so far is that it's breaded, fried chicken.

Are they legs, wings, breasts, thighs?  How are they served?

“Korean fried chicken is lighter than other styles of fried chicken. The skin is barely battered and crispier, and meat very moist. Essentially, chicken is fried twice, once to drain the fat”

for me it’s all about the spices/flavors.   No bleu cheese or ranch is needed.  I’m an amateur at this, have only had “bonchon tenders” 2x 

https://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/07/dining/07fried.html

Edited by Teddy KGB

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

“Korean fried chicken is lighter than other styles of fried chicken. The skin is barely battered and crispier, and meat very moist. Essentially, chicken is fried twice, once to drain the fat”

for me it’s all about the spices/flavors.   No bleu cheese or ranch is needed.  I’m an amateur at this, have only had “bonchon tenders” 2x 

https://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/07/dining/07fried.html

But what you get ... are they like regular wings (the size of them; legs and flats) or are they bigger?

14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

But what you get ... are they like regular wings (the size of them; legs and flats) or are they bigger?

I’ve only ordered the “fingers” which are almost square shaped humongous boneless wings.     Your questions can be answered by @Jauronimo     I’m a novice here 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

same wings as you are used to...no mutated chicken species!

Here is the deal.."Buffalo Wings= fried once, no batter, thrown is some sauce once fried to doneness.

Korean Fried Wing..cornstarch and flour based batter, fried twice, extra crispy..asian based sauce with gochujang, soy, ginger etc. Gochujang is a fabulous ingrediant in lots of stuff by the way.

Korean fried chicken is same process  using all parts of the chicken, not just wings.

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

same wings as you are used to...no mutated chicken species!

Here is the deal.."Buffalo Wings= fried once, no batter, thrown is some sauce once fried to doneness.

Korean Fried Wing..cornstarch and flour based batter, fried twice, extra crispy..asian based sauce with gochujang, soy, ginger etc. Gochujang is a fabulous ingrediant in lots of stuff by the way.

Korean fried chicken is same process  using all parts of the chicken, not just wings.

I double-fry my "Buffalo wings."

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

majority do not...and i doubt you can find a restaurant anywhere that does...

On my quest to make the perfect wing, I've tried many different ways and have found that double frying is the best way to achieve crispy skin and tender meat.

I'd be interested to know whether Bar Bill (my favorite wings) double fries.

I'm not saying that one can't make a great wing frying only once.  I've had your wings and they are fantastic.

25 minutes ago, Gugny said:

On my quest to make the perfect wing, I've tried many different ways and have found that double frying is the best way to achieve crispy skin and tender meat.

I'd be interested to know whether Bar Bill (my favorite wings) double fries.

I'm not saying that one can't make a great wing frying only once.  I've had your wings and they are fantastic.

well, think all of us  having been in a lot and game for 10 hours helps out the " taste" of @Hammered a Lot wings! To say nothing of adult beverages!

If I am going to take time to double fry, i do this method

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/01/ultimate-extra-crispy-double-fried-confit-buffalo-wings.html

I posted recipe for Korean Wings upthread..i like that version way more the BonChon version, give it a shot

And i dont think a place that does the volume the BarBill can double fry..way to much time and too much time to flip table!

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

well, think all of us  having been in a lot and game for 10 hours helps out the " taste" of @Hammered a Lot wings! To say nothing of adult beverages!

If I am going to take time to double fry, i do this method

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/01/ultimate-extra-crispy-double-fried-confit-buffalo-wings.html

I posted recipe for Korean Wings upthread..i like that version way more the BonChon version, give it a shot

And i dont think a place that does the volume the BarBill can double fry..way to much time and too much time to flip table!

This is exactly what I do.  And since the wings are good after the first fry for a few days in the fridge, I think a restaurant could pull it off.  Would love to know their secrets!

• Like (+1) 1