NYG Season Ticket Holders are Allow to Furlough their 2020 tickets

Pegulas will do whatever makes them the most money. So roll over to 2021, let our money sit in a nice interest-bearing account. I'll be demanding a refund and will pay for 2021 on the normal schedule. If that's an issue, I'll gladly give them up... was real close this year anyway. Stadium experience is worse every year. 

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

I hope I am wrong but I don't think they will have a choice. Hard to see fans at games this year. New Era holds 72,000 so even at 25% capacity that is still 18,000 people. Restaurants won't be allowed full capacity right away when people are allowed to eat inside so I can't see gatherings as large as a football crowd being allowed in the stadium even at a reduced capacity.

The crazy thing is that some states are already operating like there never was a pandemic. I was in Iowa over the weekend and crowds are everywhere. I ate in a packed restaurant, with only the staff wearing masks. The only people I saw wearing masks the whole weekend were hotel & restaurant staff.

The Giants and the Pats have done this.

Ok, there is some good will from this.

Every year, clubs track how much more season ticket holders are getting from reselling their tix either through NFL ticket exchange or elsewhere. This year, it appears some teams are willing to pocket that additional coin if you return your tix.

Sure, there is some risk to this due to the pandemic. Perhaps these clubs feel that is an acceptable risk. Maybe they know something we do not.

9 hours ago, Greg S said:

I hope I am wrong but I don't think they will have a choice. Hard to see fans at games this year. New Era holds 72,000 so even at 25% capacity that is still 18,000 people. Restaurants won't be allowed full capacity right away when people are allowed to eat inside so I can't see gatherings as large as a football crowd being allowed in the stadium even at a reduced capacity.

Restaurants in my area (CNY) are open for indoor seating at 50% capacity. 

The border closure is extended to July 21st.  We're only 2 more extensions* away from this being a no decision for us Canadian STH as we won't be able to cross.  

*We're only 1 extension away from missing the first home pre-season game

Edited by driddles

16 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

They literally missed by one game.

I think they should have had a mini tourney with one game elimination for all teams that were out of a playoff spot

Fla vs Red Wings

Buf vs Ottawa

17 hours ago, driddles said:

The border closure is extended to July 21st.  We're only 2 more extensions* away from this being a no decision for us Canadian STH as we won't be able to cross.  

*We're only 1 extension away from missing the first home pre-season game

And even IF they open the border, don't forget about the two week quarantine when we come back to Canada. The near border teams like the Bills, Lions, Seahawks, etc., better have a plan ready for us and not wait the last second. There is a home preseason game in a month and a half or so.

51 minutes ago, Curt said:

And even IF they open the border, don't forget about the two week quarantine when we come back to Canada. The near border teams like the Bills, Lions, Seahawks, etc., better have a plan ready for us and not wait the last second. There is a home preseason game in a month and a half or so.

As a Canadian who has had season tickets since 2004 I hope the Bills give us some options. 

We'll know in the next few weeks if the border closure is extended past July 21st, if it is we're definitely out for the pre-season games.  

I'm certain they are working on a plan.  They haven't had the season ticket holder early seat sale for remaining tickets.  They haven't even announced a date.  My rep said they don't want to sell the seats, then immediately need to refund them (that chat was about 6 weeks ago)

8 minutes ago, driddles said:

As a Canadian who has had season tickets since 2004 I hope the Bills give us some options. 

We'll know in the next few weeks if the border closure is extended past July 21st, if it is we're definitely out for the pre-season games.  

I'm certain they are working on a plan.  They haven't had the season ticket holder early seat sale for remaining tickets.  They haven't even announced a date.  My rep said they don't want to sell the seats, then immediately need to refund them (that chat was about 6 weeks ago)

I have in writing, in an email,  from my account representative, that the Bills will refund me for any game played at New Era Field while the border is still closed. What I'm worry about now is in the event of the border reopening but if they enforce a 14 day quarantine upon return to Canada. I cannot afford an unpaid 2 week vacation every time I attend a Bills game.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/22/2020 at 7:13 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

I already paid for 2020, Sabres too. Any games I can't attend or get cancelled roll over to 2021 so I'm good.

any games u can’t attend get rolled over even if not cancelled?  are you guaranteed the same seat?  I know my post sounds snarky, it’s really not meant that way.   just curious.  

7 hours ago, Curt said:

I have in writing, in an email,  from my account representative, that the Bills will refund me for any game played at New Era Field while the border is still closed. What I'm worry about now is in the event of the border reopening but if they enforce a 14 day quarantine upon return to Canada. I cannot afford an unpaid 2 week vacation every time I attend a Bills game.

e-mail your rep following up on your initial Q.  It’s a very valid point.