NYG Season Ticket Holders are Allow to Furlough their 2020 tickets

I have been a Bills season ticket holder for many years.  I live in NJ and also have Giants season tickets, mostly for my family to use.  I received a letter from the Giants today allowing me to furlough my 2020 seats with no impact to my PSL.  Has anyone heard of the Bills doing the same thing?  

And if you are interested I took the Giants up on the offer.

15 minutes ago, K-No said:

Although I've paid for over 80% of this year's tickets, Bills just sent me an email asking for another payment. 

Should we send OBD Goldie Gardiner's and Mike Collins' phone numbers?  Those two won't budge until they hit their quotas!

1 hour ago, shane nelson said:

I have been a Bills season ticket holder for many years.  I live in NJ and also have Giants season tickets, mostly for my family to use.

So are you a Bills or Giants fan? You need to choose one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I am an Ohio State season ticket holder and can confirm they've implemented the same policy.  This was supposed to be a seat selection year (you pick your seats for the next five seasons), but they've also pushed that a year so as to not punish folks not renewing this year for health/safety concerns.

Illinois just announced their Phase 4 plan starting Friday, which allows 20% capacity for outdoor sporting events. If numbers improve they might go up. Hope it is the same in New York.

Of course we have ***** shows going on in Texas, Arizona and Florida now so who knows.

1 hour ago, K-No said:

Patriots allowing at-risk STHs to NOT purchase their 2020 tickets and keep same seats again in 2021 season.

Although I've paid for over 80% of this year's tickets, Bills just sent me an email asking for another payment. 

Didnt you hear? Oil and Gas drilling industry is in trouble, Terry and Kim can't just drill another well and need the money, better get that 20% to them right away!

20 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I already paid for 2020, Sabres too. Any games I can't attend or get cancelled roll over to 2021 so I'm good.

The pandemic and canceling of games was the best thing to happen to the Sabres this year......

29 minutes ago, Justin C said:

Illinois just announced their Phase 4 plan starting Friday, which allows 20% capacity for outdoor sporting events. If numbers improve they might go up. Hope it is the same in New York.

Of course we have ***** shows going on in Texas, Arizona and Florida now so who knows.

I had just read something recently talking about how the league could have teams playing at 30% capacity this year, except for the Cowboys and Texans who could play to full crowds because they were removing all these restrictions there. That may have changed now.......

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I’m a saints season ticket holder too. I enjoy live games.

Same here. The Bills are my team but I moved to the Pacific Northwest 10 years ago so I bought Seahawks season tickets. 

Edited by Curt
Mistake

3 hours ago, NoSaint said:

I’m a saints season ticket holder too. I enjoy live games.

I understand, but this is wrong. What if I said I am both a Bills and Patriots season ticket holder?

Edited by chongli
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Well getting to play in the field of 24 would have been nice.

Having enough points to be in one of the top 12 Eastern Conference spots would have made that possible ;) 

2 hours ago, chongli said:

I understand, but this is wrong. What if I said I am both a Bills and Patriots season ticket holder?

Chandler would give you a long vacation ;)

10 hours ago, chongli said:

So are you a Bills or Giants fan? You need to choose one.

BILLS, BILLS BILLS.....But I love football and wanted my family to have the same experience of being an NFL fan.  Going to NFL games in Buffalo and NJ has been a family highlight full of great memories.  But I did create a split family  :)

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, jimmy10 said:

That makes a ton of sense. I hope the Bills, and the rest of the league, adopt the same policy. 

I hope I am wrong but I don't think they will have a choice. Hard to see fans at games this year. New Era holds 72,000 so even at 25% capacity that is still 18,000 people. Restaurants won't be allowed full capacity right away when people are allowed to eat inside so I can't see gatherings as large as a football crowd being allowed in the stadium even at a reduced capacity.

I am hearing that other pro and college teams are considering not allowing ticket transfers this year. When you have to pick and choose who are the select few season ticket holders that  will be allowed to go to the games this year I guess that makes sense. If you can't use your tickets you simply turn them back into the team for credit and that would allow other season ticket holders to use their seats.

I would guess that this policy would cause a few issues though.