Bruce Smith zoomed AJ E.

it seems like many Bills of lore do indeed keep involved with the franchise.  I agree its very cool to see. It seems that playing in Buffalo leaves an indelible mark on many and they wish to keep that legacy going with the new players. Those newbies likely will do the same when their own careers are over . Sets a precedent of classy beneficial behavior.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Muppy said:

it seems like many Bills of lore do indeed keep involved with the franchise.  I agree its very cool to see. It seems that playing in Buffalo leaves an indelible mark on many and they wish to keep that legacy going with the new players. Those newbies likely will do the same when their own careers are over . Sets a precedent of classy beneficial behavior.

Buffalo is the one NFL City we're almost no players want to go to originally

But once they get here they never want to leave

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

In contrast the Jets (Adams) and the Jags (Ramsey, Ngakoue) cant wait to get out. Seems like the players can "check out anytime they like, but they can never leave" the Jags and the Jets

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Coach Jerry Glanville once said he cried 2 times in his life.

The first was when he was hired to coach in Buffalo.

The second time was when he left Buffalo for another coaching position.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

In contrast the Jets (Adams) and the Jags (Ramsey, Ngakoue) cant wait to get out. Seems like the players can "check out anytime they like, but they can never leave" the Jags and the Jets

well, dont think Gilmore and McGahee making calls extolling the virtues of Orchard Park...every team has both.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

well, dont think Gilmore and McGahee making calls extolling the virtues of Orchard Park...every team has both.

While that is true, it is also a fact that the Bills have a lot fewer of the "wanting out" situations. Their comments post trade / someone else paying higher will likely be negative regarding the team that traded them.

About your specific examples, I do not think either Gilmore or McGahee explicitly asked to be traded when under contract with the Bills. GIlmore was actually a model citizen and would have happily stayed in Buffalo if Whaley had offered him a fair contract. Belichick paid him way more than the Bills were going to. And am still shaking my head at McGahee. The guy wanted a 6 or 7 yr 40 mill deal coming off a 990 yard season. Trading him was actually one of the smartest moves done during our postseason drought. Despite the Bills not even in the ball park of McGahee's contract demands, he did not really ask to be traded like Ramsey, Ngakoue or Adams. In the post-trade conference, I still remember Jauron denying  McGahee wanting out  and said "go confirm with the player". 

8 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I can see guys leaving/  going back to where they are from originally due to many different factors like family, job after football etc, But that they have such a bond to WNY and  the team , seeing many repeatedly come back to me means they indeed left a part of their heart in WNY even if distanced for  other reasons. And some do stay. Jim Kelly was a prime example of a guy who did NOT want to go to Buffalo...look at His ties and love for the area now.

3 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

This is what happens when they make implants so expensive only elite whites can afford them.

I've known more conservative Christian women with bolt ons than the sort you might mentally associate with that

4 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

This is what happens when they make implants so expensive only elite whites can afford them.

Yeah, but they're not really stealthy, so it defeats the whole point to be concealed.