Noose Found in Bubba Wallace's Garage: UPDATE - No Hate Crime, Per FBI

Gugny

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, GG said:

Or you can just say,  oops I missed the post that suggested there was wrongdoing or hateful intent

Or you can admit that you still haven't read or understood my post that you f@#$ing responded to with 10 things that other people posted.

Jauronimo: I have not once in this thread suggested there was wrongdoing or hateful intent.

GG: *post from someone else*

Jauronimo: I didn't say that

GG: "What about this one?

Jauronimo: I didn't say that either

GG: Well someone said it!

Jauronimo: Yeah, again not me.  Read the first post.

GG: Admit you were wrong!!

If I wanted to deal this ***** I'd be in PPP getting it from 10 of you at once.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Or you can admit that you still haven't read or understood my post that you f@#$ing responded to with 10 things that other people posted.

Jauronimo: I have not once in this thread suggested there was wrongdoing or hateful intent.

GG:

Jauronimo: I didn't say that

GG: "What about this one?

Jauronimo: I didn't say that either

GG: Well someone said it!

Jauronimo: Yeah, again not me.  Read the first post.

GG: Admit you were wrong!!

If I wanted to deal this ***** I'd be in PPP getting it from 10 of you at once.

It's easy, I misread your post.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Jaraxxus said:

Those people are part of a crowd that does that very thing constantly. Casting aspersions on anyone and anything remotely considered racist.  This tweet summarizes my view on today's America:

A very close relative of mine has gone from acid-dropping hippie at Altamont to the staunchest Trump supporter i know.  

6 minutes ago, GG said:

It's easy, I misread your post.

Not just once.  Three times you had the opportunity to actually read the post you responded to.  The first post and the two additional times I quoted myself for your convenience.  To say I dropped hints would be an understatement.  I flat out broke it down for you twice and still you couldn't crack the case.  

How magnanimous of you to admit fault now.

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Not just once.  Three times you had the opportunity to actually read the post you responded to.  The first post and the two additional times I quoted myself for your convenience.  To say I dropped hints would be an understatement.  I flat out broke it down for you twice and still you couldn't crack the case.  

How magnanimous of you to admit fault now.

A totally magnanimous response, as expected.  Duly noted.

Love the warpaint.

2 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

He wants to be Colin Kaepernick.  There’s money in the victimhood cottage industry.

Again, I’ll keep on saying it:

We‘ve reached a point where we’ve miseducated an entire generation of people to believe victimhood is social currency; while at the same time social progress has nearly eliminated racism.

The result is that now racism must be manufactured to meet demand.

Thanks for the laugh

12 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Thanks for the laugh

Do you believe that people on average, or society today, is more or less racist than, let’s say... it was in 1950?

To follow up, why do you think there are so many faked hate crimes?

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

4 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Do you believe that people on average, or society today, is more or less racist than, let’s say... it was in 1950?

Somewhat related: there's a poll out there conducted by gallup and, later, the AP that has asked black folks how well they think they're treated in their communities relative to white folks sporadically over the last 60 years.  The percentage of black folks who think they're treated just as well as whites in their communities was lower in 2018 than it was in 1963.  For those of you that are mathematically challenged, 1963 was one year BEFORE the civil rights act was passed.  Objectively speaking, this cannot be a reflection of reality as it actually is.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Somewhat related: there's a poll out there conducted by gallup and, later, the AP that has asked black folks how well they think they're treated in their communities relative to white folks sporadically over the last 60 years.  The percentage of black folks who think they're treated just as well as whites in their communities was lower in 2018 than it was in 1963.  For those of you that are mathematically challenged, 1963 was one year BEFORE the civil rights act was passed.  Objectively speaking, this cannot be a reflection of reality as it actually is.

Maybe white folks in their communities were treated much worse back in 1963?  

17 hours ago, Muppy said:

I was really confused about how a noose could be found inside a garage and folks Not jump to it being a racist hateful action until I saw this tweet. The symbol has been used as a symbol of hate /lynching/racism for years. The implication dots seemed pretty close together and rational to me at first glance. Black driver, hate symbol associated with lynching of blacks... It clearly isn't a joke symbol. To read it  was a garage pull is really the furthest idea Id have guessed. That's got to be a flukey way to pull a garage door open and shut right? Ive never seen a noose as anything other than a death device. Plenty of images of that. To think of it not being a hate symbol is much more far fetched an idea IMHO. Especially in view of racial tensions being so high right now. People giving this story time to play out Props to them but dont make it seem like we who assumed it was despicably oriented are somehow flawed or irrational.

apparently so...see the tweet poojer originally posted

This isn't hard.  Every aspect of life has been politicized to include the sports media.  And stories like this are shaded to fit a certain political persuasion that is largely based in emotion and less on objectivity and reason.  So when people on ESPN and Twitter run out to be the lead virtue signaler, it's not hard to understand why.  There are plenty of people who love nothing more than dividing people. 

And for those who got this all wrong, they've been left to rationalize why they're not wrong for judging this totally wrong.  See below.    

13 hours ago, The Dean said:

Yes, so my question is, what made this so odd? i'm not pushing any theory or agenda. Just seems bizarre. Maybe the noose came loose and was lying on a bench or something?  Just looking for some reasonable explanation as to why all this went down. 

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This entire situation went off perfectly, imo.

Watson and his team found something suspicious, and reported it.

NASCAR as a league, and all the crews involved, rallied around Watson to support him.

An investigation was launched, and it was determined there was no harmful intent.

Everyone goes on with their lives. Most likely closer and more unified than before.

edit: The FBI also determined that Watson's team had NO involvement with planting the noose/pull, so all the #BubbaSmollet jokes dont apply and only serve to make matters worse.

What's the problem?

1 hour ago, The Dean said:

The report I heard last night on SportsCenter from their NASCAR reporter is that it was a noose. The other pulls were not nooses.  The FBI said they would have found what they found suspicious and would have acted the same as NASCAR by investigating. 

Just repeating what I heard. Should have gotten the reporter's name.

This isn't hard either.  Three words will suffice..."I was wrong."  Deflecting, conflating, and distorting the story only become necessary when one's ego cannot say those three words I put in quotes here.

Edited by BillsVet
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

That you think your nonsense is worth discussing is even more hilarious

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

This is actually a decent statement.  Maybe he realized he went too far.

EbS1YSWWkAYV1tF?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Bubba wasnt at the track, his TEAM reported the noose as suspicious since it was their first time in that bay and no other bay had such a handle.
  • NASCAR supported the team, and initiated an investigation.
  • The FBI concluded their investigation, found no targeting, and also determined it was not planted there by Wallace's team either.
  • The FBI also concluded that Wallace's team and NASCAR handled it perfectly, and the investigation was called for.
  •  

No one staged a protest. No one made any reactionary moves. No one cried to boycott NASCAR.

How did Bubba "go too far"?

Instead of trying to "blame" Wallace for something, or demand he show contrition, how about we focus on the good. The unity that NASCAR, and all drivers and pit crews showed through this.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Thank you (+1) 1

probably referring to the interview he did last night where he pretty much said he didn't care what the FBI said, it was a noose(paraphrasing)

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

• Bubba wasnt at the track, his TEAM reported the noose as suspicious since it was their first time in that bay and no other bay had such a handle.
  • The FBI concluded their investigation, found no targeting, and also determined it was not planted there by Watson's team either.
  • The FBI also concluded that Watson's team and NASCAR handled it perfectly, and the investigation was called for.

No one staged a protest. No one made any reactionary moves. No one cried to boycott NASCAR.

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

He spoke his mind.  That's too far for a lot of people because he is black .. a lot of people in this thread, and a lot of people in the U.S.

It's disgusting and sad.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

• The FBI concluded their investigation, found no targeting, and also determined it was not planted there by Watson's team either.
  • The FBI also concluded that Watson's team and NASCAR handled it perfectly, and the investigation was called for.

Instead of trying to "blame" Watson for something, or demand he show contrition, how about we focus on the good. The unity that NASCAR, and all drivers and pit crews showed through this.

You got the wrong sport.

• Thank you (+1) 1