• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Please explain who in your mind should be 'manning up'

No.

44 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Who else reacted the way you did?

It's funny that you're trying to justify it now...lol

Several posters on the first two pages voiced skepticism, but I am sure you know that.

Except that I wrote my apology long before the FBI released their report.

What's funny is the posters still trying to justify their immediate claim of racism.

2 hours ago, The Poojer said:

20200623_174056.thumb.jpg.5289d4e0675459a1d58570be9029feb1.jpg

I was really confused about how a noose could be found inside a garage and folks Not jump to it being a racist hateful action until I saw this tweet. The symbol has been used as a symbol of hate /lynching/racism for years. The implication dots seemed pretty close together and rational to me at first glance. Black driver, hate symbol associated with lynching of blacks... It clearly isn't a joke symbol. To read it  was a garage pull is really the furthest idea Id have guessed. That's got to be a flukey way to pull a garage door open and shut right? Ive never seen a noose as anything other than a death device. Plenty of images of that. To think of it not being a hate symbol is much more far fetched an idea IMHO. Especially in view of racial tensions being so high right now. People giving this story time to play out Props to them but dont make it seem like we who assumed it was despicably oriented are somehow flawed or irrational.

33 minutes ago, NobesBLO13 said:

Fake noose, amirite folks?

apparently so...see the tweet poojer originally posted

Edited by Muppy
  • Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Nice.

Why was loop cut off, though? In the current picture.

The author seems to stop short at the end. I feel like any curious investigator would want to know the circumstances around the noose being cut off and where it was placed... 

Because they cut it off when they thought it was an actual noose I'm getting

Not a garage pull handle

Edited by Buffalo716

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

No.

Several posters on the first two pages voiced skepticism, but I am sure you know that.

Except that I wrote my apology long before the FBI released their report.

What's funny is the posters still trying to justify their immediate claim of racism.

You're still not understanding the difference between "voiced skepticism" and outright calling it a hoax. I also doubt you understand why your apology isn't well-received while you come back in the thread to try to justify the thing you apologized for...

Oh well

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Because they cut it off as part of the story that there was an actual noose

Not a garage pull handle

"They" being the Richard Petty racing team?

Yeah, right now I'm just assuming it was cut-off after the fact. Apparently, it was the only stall with a noose tied, but it been that way since at least October.

Safe to say it wasn't directed at Wallace at this point, but the facts surrounding the noose itself aren't entirely adding up.

50 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Nice.

Why was loop cut off, though? In the current picture.

The author seems to stop short at the end. I feel like any curious investigator would want to know the circumstances around the noose being cut off and where it was placed... 

I'm guessing either someone on his crew cut it off when they saw it, or NASCAR or the FBI cut it and took it as evidence. As more information has come out, from pictures and video, it seems it wouldn't have mattered which garage they assigned him, all the doors had the same rope pull installed. 

4 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

It took the FB friggin I to figure this out?

It probably shouldn't have, but the accusations of a federal crime deemed it necessary they be called in. It sounds like NASCAR still wants to know why any pull rope would be tied into a noose in the first place. I doubt they get very far with that, though.

Just now, Just Jack said:

I'm guessing either someone on his crew cut it off when they saw it, or NASCAR or the FBI cut it and took it as evidence. As more information has come out, from pictures and video, it seems it wouldn't have mattered which garage they assigned him, all the doors had the same rope pull installed. 

yeah, that's what I assume.

NASCAR said it's the only one that had a noose tied, but it was already like that.

4 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

It probably shouldn't have, but the accusations of a federal crime deemed it necessary they be called in. It sounds like NASCAR still wants to know why any pull rope would be tied into a noose in the first place. I doubt they get very far with that, though.

yeah, that's what I assume.

NASCAR said it's the only one that had a noose tied, but it was already like that.

That's why I provided the link earlier, that guy basically had written up, and provided pictures, of everything I was going to say. Here's some additional info. In the earlier video from the truck series garages, that's a different garage area. 

Map of the speedway

https://www.talladegasuperspeedway.com/Plan-Your-Visit/~/media/16DE19C2B294465B9A2745F99F125887.ashx

The Gander Trucks use a different garage area than NASCAR. Both garage areas use/used the same rope pull for the doors. You can also see, between the video and the pictures, the doors on the NASCAR garages are wider. 

So I don't know why someone with NASCAR, or any of the other teams, said "Hey! we all have nooses in our garages." 

11 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

"They" being the Richard Petty racing team?

Yeah, right now I'm just assuming it was cut-off after the fact. Apparently, it was the only stall with a noose tied, but it been that way since at least October.

Safe to say it wasn't directed at Wallace at this point, but the facts surrounding the noose itself aren't entirely adding up.

When I say they, I do mean that I believe that they did think it was a noose, so whoever found it probably cut it down

I don't think it was intentional

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

That's why I provided the link earlier, that guy basically had written up, and provided pictures, of everything I was going to say. Here's some additional info. In the earlier video from the truck series garages, that's a different garage area. 

Map of the speedway

https://www.talladegasuperspeedway.com/Plan-Your-Visit/~/media/16DE19C2B294465B9A2745F99F125887.ashx

The Gander Trucks use a different garage area than NASCAR. Both garage areas use/used the same rope pull for the doors. You can also see, between the video and the pictures, the doors on the NASCAR garages are wider. 

So I don't know why someone with NASCAR, or any of the other teams, said "Hey! we all have nooses in our garages." 

It seems like a weird incident where the explanation makes it sound more like a cover up. "Noose? Nah, it was just the rope they use to close the garage doors...." Did no one in Nascar look at what happened before it went public and the FBI was brought in? Wouldn't the investigation take like 2 minutes if this were true? Not a couple days? I would have figured when someone spoke up about this someone else in Nascar would have said "guys, that's the garage door pull rope, it's like that in every bay".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Not to prolong this but one has to ask. If the "noose" was hanging from the garage door, why did it look suspicious to ANYONE? Wouldn't other garages (at least some) have similar pulls? One would expect something was odd/different about this one. Maybe few garages use them anymore and the person who discovered it was a newbie and unfamiliar with what it was?  I'm just trying to search for a legitimate explanation that doesn't dissolve into conspiracy theory.

7 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Wouldn't other garages (at least some) have similar pulls? 

They did. The video posted earlier showed a door pull from the Truck garages that had the same rope pulls. And the pictures from 2019 of the NASCAR garages showed the same pulls. Why someone did not speak up and say something, who knows. 

• Like (+1) 2