Noose Found in Bubba Wallace's Garage: UPDATE - No Hate Crime, Per FBI

Gugny

"Late this afternoon, NASCAR was made aware that a noose was found in the garage stall of the 43 team. We are angry and outraged, and cannot state strongly enough how seriously we take this heinous act," NASCAR said in a statement. "We have launched an immediate investigation, and will do everything we can to identify the person(s) responsible and eliminate them from the sport.

https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/29345568/nascar-says-noose-found-bubba-wallace-garage-talladega

UPDATE:  https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/29354447/fbi-says-rope-had-talladega-garage-last-fall-bubba-wallace-not-victim-hate-crime

The FBI has determined that NASCAR driver Bubba Wallace was not the victim of a hate crime and that a pull rope fashioned like a noose had been on a garage door at Talladega Superspeedway since as early as last fall, NASCAR said Tuesday.

"The FBI report concludes, and photographic evidence confirms, that the garage door pull rope fashioned like a noose had been positioned there since as early as last fall," NASCAR said in its statement. "This was obviously well before the 43 team's arrival and garage assignment.

Edited by Gugny
  • Sad 2

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That'll show NASCAR for getting rid of the Confederate flag and calling it a symbol of racism instead of a part of history and symbol for states rights. To protest it's removal lets do something incredibly racist which wouldn't in any way confirm everything they thought when they removed the flag.

I mean it'd be funny if it wasn't so damn sad.

Just now, Gugny said:

So I guess this is fake news, huh?

You must of said something in your post to trigger the bot.

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, Gugny said:

"Late this afternoon, NASCAR was made aware that a noose was found in the garage stall of the 43 team. We are angry and outraged, and cannot state strongly enough how seriously we take this heinous act," NASCAR said in a statement. "We have launched an immediate investigation, and will do everything we can to identify the person(s) responsible and eliminate them from the sport.

Sorry ... they've let racism and bigotry be the backbone of their sport for decades.  This is NASCAR's fault.  It's disgusting.  All because of a mother effing flag.  Are you kidding me???  Sad.

https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/29345568/nascar-says-noose-found-bubba-wallace-garage-talladega

What's so surprising? The white racial backdrop of this sport has been a part of its environment since its inception. It shouldn't be unexpected that the dead enders and resisters would express their ignorance to the positive changes happening in the sports. Some people are comfortable in moving into the modern world and others are reflexively grabbing their guns and heading to the ramparts because they believe they are under siege. I'm not shocked by the display of ignorance. Quite the contrary I'm surprised to the extent the officials and participants of the sport have embraced the change to a more inclusive sport. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

So someone from another NASCAR team did this?

Details have not been released, but it sounds like this was a team garage, not a residential one. I don't know where such garages are located.

7 minutes ago, fl az fan said:

Garages are in the infield behind the pits. I would have to believe there are many security cameras trained on that area. Not to catch a shmuck like this, but car tampering. There's a ton of money on the line, they will find the perp

https://www.talladegasuperspeedway.com/Plan-Your-Visit/Maps.aspx

You would also think there is a lot of track security around those garages. Not like they are holding a Nissan Leaf :lol:

2 hours ago, SDS said:

It would make sense to let any investigation play out before passing judgment. 

That's a pretty high bar for many here.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, The Dean said:

That's a pretty high bar for many here.

I completely understand the desire to jump on the story, but that’s a pretty aggressive act in a place that should be well monitored. The facts will come out soon enough. The only thing we know for sure is that somebody stupid did some thing… well, stupid.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

What's so surprising? The white racial backdrop of this sport has been a part of its environment since its inception. It shouldn't be unexpected that the dead enders and resisters would express their ignorance to the positive changes happening in the sports. Some people are comfortable in moving into the modern world and others are reflexively grabbing their guns and heading to the ramparts because they believe they are under siege. I'm not shocked by the display of ignorance. Quite the contrary I'm surprised to the extent the officials and participants of the sport have embraced the change to a more inclusive sport. 

At the very least you need to be brought up to date.  You're playing off old stereotypes.  NASCAR and it's owners and drivers are among the most generous in all of sports supporting a very wide array of causes.  I could post several links that report on this over many years.  Google will find numerous sources of this info. 

As for diversity and inclusion, NASCAR and other forms of racing have had programs to promote diversity for many years. For example, NASCAR started RevRacing in 2004 for the sole purpose of developing female and minority driving and crew talent.

https://revracing.net/overview/

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

At the very least you need to be brought up to date.  You're playing off old stereotypes.  NASCAR and it's owners and drivers are among the most generous in all of sports supporting a very wide array of causes.  I could post several links that report on this over many years.  Google will find numerous sources of this info. 

As for diversity and inclusion, NASCAR and other forms of racing have had programs to promote diversity for many years. For example, NASCAR started RevRacing in 2004 for the sole purpose of developing female and minority driving and crew talent.

https://revracing.net/overview/

No one cares about facts when their emotions are triggered.  Stereotypes are wicked cool only when they support that person's opinion.