Bills troll Steelers' first voice tweet

Just now, Doc said:

And...20 is greater than 16, which is how many points the Texans had to score during their furious comeback just to tie the game. 

Watching Knox and Morse whiff on a game clinching block to spring Allen in OT will always infuriate me 100 times more than that botched call in the EZ

5 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Watching Knox and Morse whiff on a game clinching block to spring Allen in OT will always infuriate me 100 times more than that botched call in the EZ

Yeah, those were maddening and among several things that snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.  I had just never seen a call be overturned on "common sense," much less see men in black shirts come onto the field and tell the refs to reverse the call. 

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah, those were maddening and among several things that snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.  I had just never seen a call be overturned on "common sense," much less see men in black shirts come onto the field and tell the refs to reverse the call. 

I cant disagree. Every single reaction I saw from former players that are now analysts over the days that followed said it was a blown call and “common sense” isn’t in the rule book. 

Just for me personally. Seeing that missed block makes me sick to my stomach. More so than anything else from game. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/24/2020 at 10:11 PM, ScottLaw said:

Misinformed and misguided posters? Like yourself? 

"Most major sports outlets picked the Steelers". 

Ok? What does this have to do with my point that that the Steelers weren't a good team with Duck Hodges as their QB? They weren't. They lost 3 in a row to end the season including a blow out loss to the Ravens backups. 

Apparently the "revisionist history" coment was was missed. Although, you did include it in your quote. Well, I prefer to assume you missed it in answer to your follow-up question, rather than assume you're not astute enough to understand.

Either way, you did see the multiple posts in this thread and leading up to that game where - as I stated - at the time of the gamme most pundits had the Steelers as the *significantly* better team.

Why does that matter now that we know who won? Because going into that game (and during it) the music, the court of popular opinion, general professional consenus...they all impact psyche and are psychological warfare. Whether intentional or not.

Were the 2015-2016 Cleveland Cavaliers a better team than the GSW that year? No one thought so. Even after winning the championship, would you bet on them to win again if they played another 7-game series the next week (probably not.)

Would you bet your house the Bills would beat the Steelers again if they replayed that game? Maybe 6 out of 10 times, I'd be comfortable. And that's with the benefit of history helping me choose. 

The Steelers were not significantly worse than the Bills, especially given the circumstances of the game. The Bills lost two of their last three games too, remember. As to whether they "were not a good team" I can only say, again, they were not signifcantly worse than the Bills, even after losing to the Bills. So every little thing matters in those games (as in most NFL games.)

Quit changing history to fit your agenda. I appreciate a dissenting opinion, but not one that is made without logical reasoning and only to incite emotion.

Good day, sir.

Edited by timekills17

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

That's not why they lost. They still choked away a 16-0 lead.

There are many reasons they lost as a result of their own mistakes. But taking away a TD wasn't their mistake and was a huge reason why they didn't win.  Again you can't conveniently talk about the letter of the law when it came to that "blindside" block and then ignore it when it comes to that play.

• Like (+1) 1