Bills troll Steelers' first voice tweet

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Is the Bills-Steelers game week thread still around?  I'd like to see who was predicting what prior to the game.

Living in Stiller country I can tell you what they were saying... for weeks leading up to that game “the duck” was THE GUY and there was no way the bills were gonna head into their stadium and beat them....

then it was “whatever. You beat our 3rd stringer”. They talked jive the whole lead up to the game knowing they had a built in cop out if he happened to get exposed like anyone with half a brain knew would happen vs the first good defense he played. 

owning a local gym I deal with a lot of traffic and A TON of trash talk through football season. So I had a pretty good pulse on how they were feeling heading into that game. 

20 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Not trying to throw shade, but people talk about the Steelers like they were a good team. They weren’t. Not with Duck Hodges as their QB.

Revisionist history. Most major sports outlets picked the Steelers as the easy win.

To this day I don't know why you even participate in this board.

Not trying to throw shade, but peeople talk about this forum like it's a good message board. It is, but not with incessantly depressed and misinformed, misguided, or just plain wrong posters as the content providers.

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Misinformed and misguided posters? Like yourself? 

"Most major sports outlets picked the Steelers". 

Ok? What does this have to do with my point that that the Steelers weren't a good team with Duck Hodges as their QB? They weren't. They lost 3 in a row to end the season including a blow out loss to the Ravens backups. 

they also won 3 in a row before the bills game and were 8-2 after a bad start.... but that doesn't really support what you are trying to do here, so I get it.

they definitely got figured out by the end of the season but theres no debating they were playing well and one of the hottest teams in the league heading into that SNF game.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

Hodges didn’t throw a TD the rest of the season, nor did he crack 100 yards in either of the remaining games. He averaged 1.11 air yards per attempt against the Bills...the average pass attempted barely crossed the line of scrimmage.  The next week?  He averaged -.35 air yards per attempt.  I’ve never even heard of that before.

Hodges is horrific.  Trying to spin it any other way is laughable.  Their defense was very good, though.  Their offense turned it over 5 times that game, and they held the Bills to 17 points.  (FTR, Pittsburgh closed as a 1 point favorite.)

13 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

McD’s MO to this point. Beating up on the bad teams and losing to the good ones.?

And two playoff appearances out of his first 3 seasons.  Good MO.

56 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Let's hope he finally gets a playoff win this season(whenever it's played).

I guess that would depend on whether the zebras/league apply "common sense" consistently.

On 6/23/2020 at 4:12 PM, ScottLaw said:

Not trying to throw shade, but people talk about the Steelers like they were a good team. They weren’t. Not with Duck Hodges as their QB.

:lol: 

Not trying to throw shade? Of course you are. It's what you do. 

Here it is. It was a big game against a hot opponent vying for the same thing we were. It was big for them, it was big for us.....errr...Buffalo. 

Nobody cares who the ******* QB was. 

Except those that "throw shade". 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billl said:

Hodges didn’t throw a TD the rest of the season, nor did he crack 100 yards in either of the remaining games. He averaged 1.11 air yards per attempt against the Bills...the average pass attempted barely crossed the line of scrimmage.  The next week?  He averaged -.35 air yards per attempt.  I’ve never even heard of that before.

Hodges is horrific.  Trying to spin it any other way is laughable.  Their defense was very good, though.  Their offense turned it over 5 times that game, and they held the Bills to 17 points.  (FTR, Pittsburgh closed as a 1 point favorite.)

Always good hearing from this mouth breather. :thumbsup:

Who gives a flying **** what Hodges did post Buffalo. 

Irrelevant to the meaning of that game. 

The only thing laughable are your putrid posts. :beer:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

Always good hearing from this mouth breather. :thumbsup:

Who gives a flying **** what Hodges did post Buffalo. 

Irrelevant to the meaning of that game. 

The only thing laughable are your putrid posts. :beer:

So let me make sure I follow you here.  You post about what they did BEFORE Buffalo because obviously that’s meaningful, but when I respond with what happened AFTER they played, nobody gives a flying **** because that’s irrelevant. Makes sense.  (Never mind the fact that the come from behind win prevented what would otherwise have been a 5 game losing streak to end the season.)

5 minutes ago, Billl said:

So let me make sure I follow you here.  You post about what they did BEFORE Buffalo because obviously that’s meaningful, but when I respond with what happened AFTER they played, nobody gives a flying **** because that’s irrelevant. Makes sense.  (Never mind the fact that the come from behind win prevented what would otherwise have been a 5 game losing streak to end the season.)

You WOULD count the bills playing their 2nd and 3rd stringers in a meaningless finale as part of an argument for a losing streak. That’s just so.... you. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

12 minutes ago, Billl said:

Ok - 

I have an assignment for you. Go back and show me where I ever mentioned previous weeks. I'll wait.

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Incredibly weak. 

Which supports the argument of McD and the Bills struggling against the better teams of the league.... The Steelers weren’t one of them. 

I was referring to his saying we basically had a 5 game losing streak to end the season. Which means he was including our meaningless loss to the jets when we played our backups. It’s dumb to try and include that game in anything and really shows what sort of lame agenda the poster has always had. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Incredibly weak. 

An overturned TD based on what a player meant to do but didn't is what's incredibly weak.

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I was referring to his saying we basically had a 5 game losing streak to end the season. Which means he was including our meaningless loss to the jets when we played our backups. It’s dumb to try and include that game in anything and really shows what sort of lame agenda the poster has always had. 

Yup.  Never mind that the 3 other losses were to 3 of the 4 best teams in the AFC, with one of them being a screw job.

Edited by Doc

22 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

Ok - 

I have an assignment for you. Go back and show me where I ever mentioned previous weeks. I'll wait.

You’re right, that was stank who posted that.  Show me where you told him those games didn’t matter. I’ll wait.

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

They were still up 13-0 when that happened. Then went up 16-0, and then blew it. Blaming the refs for that loss is ridiculous. 

Taking away a TD is big.  They would have been up 20-0.

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They were still up 13-0. That next drive they got a turnover and went up 16-0.... it’s not like the refs gave them the lead down 16-0.

And...20 is greater than 16, which is how many points the Texans had to score during their furious comeback just to tie the game.