GOP can’t win elections without cheating

The party of making it harder to vote. Seriously, that’s all these clowns have for ideas? 

Good, I hope Trump’s spirit hovers over and guides this group for a long time. He is a loser to most people and in a democracy that’s what counts. The voted to acquit a violent rabble rouser and are stuck with him now. Good! 

9 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Unfortunately, yes it does.  Certain state legislatures are trying to pass laws that would make it harder for inner city minorities to vote.

I live in a region awash with illegal immigrants. Are those the minorities you’re referring to? 

14 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I live in a region awash with illegal immigrants. Are those the minorities you’re referring to? 

African-Americans in the inner cities along with other minorities.  Citizens of the US that have the same right to vote as you or I.

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

African-Americans in the inner cities along with other minorities.  Citizens of the US that have the same right to vote as you or I.

What exactly are they making citizens do? Show up and show identification? Is that really challenging? I need to show identification to buy a pair of pants. 

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

What exactly are they making citizens do? Show up and show identification? Is that really challenging? I need to show identification to buy a pair of pants. 

Removing polling places to make it difficult to get there for people with transportation issues.  Changing the type of required ID to a type many minorities do not have.  You know this.

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Removing polling places to make it difficult to get there for people with transportation issues.  Changing the type of required ID to a type many minorities do not have.  You know this.

I don’t know this. It’s your position that people in urban areas aren’t mobile? Really? And, if the form of ID is the issue then what do you suggest? No ID? Or like me, a national ID card. 

10 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I don’t know this. It’s your position that people in urban areas aren’t mobile? Really? And, if the form of ID is the issue then what do you suggest? No ID? Or like me, a national ID card. 

If we’re going to run as a ticket in the next election, we need to agree to quit using hyperbole and rely on facts.  People in urban areas are not as mobile as you and I, especially elder folks.  Closing polling places to make people travel farther to vote decreases their ability to do so.  State governments allow certain IDs and not others; data indicates it is slanted against minorities.  

I would have no problem with a national ID card, but every voter should be able to easily access getting one.

50 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

If we’re going to run as a ticket in the next election, we need to agree to quit using hyperbole and rely on facts.  People in urban areas are not as mobile as you and I, especially elder folks.  Closing polling places to make people travel farther to vote decreases their ability to do so.  State governments allow certain IDs and not others; data indicates it is slanted against minorities.  

I would have no problem with a national ID card, but every voter should be able to easily access getting one.

Don't give us this bvllshit.

Public transportation is readily available in all major cities to the sites where there are polling booths.

Just continue with the victimhood status/race card like you leftist morons do and REAL Americans will tell you shove it up your ass.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Don't give us this bvllshit.

Public transportation is readily available in all major cities to the sites where there are polling booths.

Just continue with the victimhood status/race card like you leftist morons do and REAL Americans will tell you shove it up your ass.

Another Internet tough guy.  I believe in the Constitution.   Every citizen in this country has the constitutional right to vote, and no laws should ever be passed that inhibit their ability to exercise that right.  Put your left, liberal cheap crap where the sun doesn’t shine.  You don’t have the first idea what real conservative values, based on the constitution, mean.

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Another Internet tough guy.  I believe in the Constitution.   Every citizen in this country has the constitutional right to vote, and no laws should ever be passed that inhibit their ability to exercise that right.  Put your left, liberal cheap crap where the sun doesn’t shine.  You don’t have the first idea what real conservative values, based on the constitution, mean.

Hardly a tough guy and I am nowhere near a liberal.

I am not a Republican or Democrat (I hold no political party whatsoever).

And there are citizens that have no right to vote.............. prisoners.

16 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Wow, there's a lot to unpack there.  The key phrase is that every CITIZEN has the right to vote.....ONCE. And all CITIZENS deserve the expectation that only CITIZENS are voting, and that those CITIZENS are voting only ONCE.  Any other questions or concerns?

17 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Wow, there's a lot to unpack there.  The key phrase is that every CITIZEN has the right to vote.....ONCE. And all CITIZENS deserve the expectation that only CITIZENS are voting, and that those CITIZENS are voting only ONCE.  Any other questions or concerns?

I don't know why you're shouting.  Yes, citizens.  And there are efforts being made to make it harder for citizens to do that.  And that cannot be allowed.  

19 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I don't know why you're shouting.  Yes, citizens.  And there are efforts being made to make it harder for citizens to do that.  And that cannot be allowed.  

Relax OldMan....just adding emphasis. You say 'harder', and I say more secure, in an effort to protect the very points that I made above.  The same is true with everything these days. Identify theft is very real and the movement towards remote voting makes this a serious concern. 

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Relax OldMan....just adding emphasis. You say 'harder', and I say more secure, in an effort to protect the very points that I made above.  The same is true with everything these days. Identify theft is very real and the movement towards remote voting makes this a serious concern. 

The extent of actual fraudulent voting is very, very, very small.  So I do not think it is a serious concern.  If there are ways to make elections even more secure fine.  But the bigger issue is making sure everyone can have equal access to being able to vote.  Or, even more so, getting to where all our citizens actually exercise that right.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

The extent of actual fraudulent voting is very, very, very small.  So I do not think it is a serious concern.  If there are ways to make elections even more secure fine.  But the bigger issue is making sure everyone can have equal access to being able to vote.  Or, even more so, getting to where all our citizens actually exercise that right.

There we differ.  One could actually opine that it's more difficult to vote in rural America where things are miles and miles apart. And, you are guaranteed the ability to vote. There is no requirement that you vote...and I'm not sure you even really want everyone to vote.  Many people are completely uninformed....which is their right as well.

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

There we differ.  One could actually opine that it's more difficult to vote in rural America where things are miles and miles apart. And, you are guaranteed the ability to vote. There is no requirement that you vote...and I'm not sure you even really want everyone to vote.  Many people are completely uninformed....which is their right as well.

I agree with all of the above.  it is frightening how few voters give a damn, and how few actually educate themselves about policies.  I know too many that pull a lever just because it has an R or a D next to it.

• Like (+1) 1