Democrat Controlled:

• Mayor
  • City Council
  • District Attorneys
  • School Board
  • State House
  • State Senate
  • Governor

Its all the republicans and ESPECIALLY Trumps fault!

Yep,  take no responsibility for your actions. Good way to keep certain members of society in place.

3 minutes ago, westside2 said:

How many years are you going to use slavery as a excuse? Why have so many made it out of the ghettos while others never do? What separates them? 

Life ain't fair,  you can either B word and moan and not try to raise yourself out of poverty, blaming everyone but yourself for your failure, or work hard, get an education, study. Make something of yourself.

Nawwww......much easier to sell drugs and live the gang life. They know they have allies in the democratic party to make excuses for them.

So, I was born in the 60's to a family that had jobs, a nice income, savings, lived in a good neighborhood and I was surrounded by books. My family had been allowed to get educated, get a job, move up in the world etc. 

A baby born the to black parents that same year probably could not say that. That kids family might not even have been allowed to vote. Banks wouldn't give them loans, they lived in poverty, crowded into neighborhoods where police looked upon them as criminals. Their families had literally not been allowed to read in the past and some of that sticks in families, which is too bad. 

Now who is going to have a better shot at a successful life? 

History is important. Mitt Romney's family made their wealth over a hundred years ago and he is super wealthy. Bush family, same. 

It's easy to say, oh well, work hard, but having resources, support, role models, etc, is important 

Oh, and BTW, many, many black people have escaped poverty and moved up, but not everyone has been so lucky. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Don’t care? How can you say that? 

If you do not want to examine actual facts about violent crime in black communities, if you do not want to honestly evaluate the impact of that violent crime on the communities and the nature of policing, If you are more interested in assessing blame in simplistic ways than in open dialogue about the issue, then it really isn't a leap at all to reach the conclusion that you don't really care...

3 minutes ago, bdutton said:

Democrat Controlled:

• Mayor
  • City Council
  • District Attorneys
  • School Board
  • State House
  • State Senate
  • Governor

Its all the republicans and ESPECIALLY Trumps fault!

Fine, and West Virginia has a Republican governor, so what's your point? 

Mississippi has a Republican Governor. Alabama? Same. 

Poor ass red neck places 

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

If you do not want to examine actual facts about violent crime in black communities, if you do not want to honestly evaluate the impact of that violent crime on the communities and the nature of policing, If you are more interested in assessing blame in simplistic ways than in open dialogue about the issue, then it really isn't a leap at all to reach the conclusion that you don't really care...

Who's blame is it and why? 

I blame historic systematic racism in large part. Jobs moving out of cities as blacks were moving in didn't help either. The automobile really hurt cities in many ways. 

Do you know the economic forces that have shaped cities in the last 60 years? 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Poor ass red neck places 

Ahh, I see. Poor white people and communities are to be condescendingly dismissed as "red necks." I see your concern for the poor isn't spread that equally....

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oh yes, a community that's suffered hundreds of years of oppression is not a paradise, imagine that! 

Rural America isn't any better. They are just spread out. The TV cameras are not there when a drunk red neck shoots his wife. 

Now THERE is a BS narrative!

Just now, Sig1Hunter said:

Now THERE is a BS narrative!

I know, what could systematic, violent oppression do to a people? 

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

Ahh, I see. Poor white people and communities are to be condescendingly dismissed as "red necks." I see your concern for the poor isn't spread that equally....

They call themselves that, see it right on their trucks 

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I do. And I have seen policies and programs that, while well intentioned, have done far more harm than good in black communities. I have seen a government that has done virtually nothing for the overall socioeconomic growth of black communites; however, it has little to to with systemic racism and much to do with using black communities as pawns political and personal power and advancement.

Like I said Tibs, you like to take a simplistic approach and not dig too deeply into things...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Poor ass red neck places 

Who's blame is it and why? 

I blame historic systematic racism in large part. Jobs moving out of cities as blacks were moving in didn't help either. The automobile really hurt cities in many ways. 

Do you know who's been in charge of these cities the past 60 years? You're a racist, but keep being you gator.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Motorin' said:

There's nearly 10 million people who live in the Chicagoland area. If it were a state, it would rank #11 by population, just behind Michigan and in front of New Jeresey. 

Chicagoland has the population of 10 Erie Counties. 

Each of those shootings is a tragedy, but the idea that gang shootings in Chicago proves whatever narrative BS you think it does is asinine.

What, seriously WTF is your point? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

I do. And I have seen policies and programs that, while well intentioned, have done far more harm than good in black communities. I have seen a government that has done virtually nothing for the overall socioeconomic growth of black communites; however, it has little to to with systemic racism and much to do with using black communities as pawns political and personal power and advancement.

Like I said Tibs, you like to take a simplistic approach and not dig too deeply into things...

Welfare was/is the biggest reason the black community has so many single parent families. 

Once again, another democratic policy to keep the black community down.

• Like (+1) 3

They call themselves that, see it right on their trucks 

And blacks call themselves "N***er" or N***a, see it right in their music and other places. Why don't you use those terms in describing them if it is ok because they refer to themselves that way?

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, westside2 said:

Do you know who's been in charge of these cities the past 60 years? You're a racist, but keep being you gator.

Who was in charge of one of the fastest growing, wealthiest cities in the country? Democrats 

1 minute ago, westside2 said:

Welfare was/is the biggest reason the black community has so many single parent families. 

Because if there was no welfare then...

2 minutes ago, westside2 said:

Yep... Blacks were never 'forced' to live in the inner city.  They were drawn there by policies that enabled them to live without working.  

Section 8 housing

Welfare incremental increases based on number of children

Food Stamps

All well intentioned programs that have had a net negative effect.  Provide sufficient incentive to not get a job/skill and you become dependent on government hand outs.  The cycle continues when Democrats continue to promise more of the same and you have a voting block that gives you 90+% of their votes.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, bdutton said:

Yep... Blacks were never 'forced' to live in the inner city.  They were drawn there by policies that enabled them to live without working.  

Section 8 housing

Food Stamps

All well intentioned programs that have had a net negative effect.  Provide sufficient incentive to not get a job/skill and you become dependent on government hand outs.  The cycle continues when Democrats continue to promise more of the same and you have a voting block that gives you 90+% of their votes.

No, the great migration of blacks to the north well predated the Great Society and was accomplished because jobs were available. Nice try calling people lazy, though 

Who was in charge of one of the fastest growing, wealthiest cities in the country? Democrats 

Because if there was no welfare then...

Lol, love your reasoning. What would they do without welfare???

Maybe get a job?

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

No, the great migration of blacks to the north well predated the Great Society and was accomplished because jobs were available. Nice try calling people lazy, though 

Single black families was only 22% before welfare came along. Want to guess the percentage of single black families now?

35 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So, I was born in the 60's to a family that had jobs, a nice income, savings, lived in a good neighborhood and I was surrounded by books. My family had been allowed to get educated, get a job, move up in the world etc. 

A baby born the to black parents that same year probably could not say that. That kids family might not even have been allowed to vote. Banks wouldn't give them loans, they lived in poverty, crowded into neighborhoods where police looked upon them as criminals. Their families had literally not been allowed to read in the past and some of that sticks in families, which is too bad. 

Now who is going to have a better shot at a successful life? 

History is important. Mitt Romney's family made their wealth over a hundred years ago and he is super wealthy. Bush family, same. 

It's easy to say, oh well, work hard, but having resources, support, role models, etc, is important 

Oh, and BTW, many, many black people have escaped poverty and moved up, but not everyone has been so lucky. 

https://theblackwallsttimes.com/2017/07/20/black-family-structure-in-decline-since-the-1960s-the-home-effect/

28 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2018/crime-in-the-u.s.-2018/tables/table-8/table-8-state-cuts/mississippi.xls

Jackson4     MURDERS: 78 <-- represents vast majority of murders in the state.

https://www.bestplaces.net/voting/city/mississippi/jackson

Politics & Voting in Jackson, Mississippi

The Political Climate in Jackson, MS is Strongly liberal.

Hinds County, MS is Moderately liberal. In Hinds County, MS 71.1% of the people voted Democrat in the last presidential election, 26.6% voted Republican, and the remaining 2.3% voted Independent.

Hinds county voted Democratic in the previous five Presidential elections.
In the last Presidential election, Hinds county remained overwhelmingly Democratic, 71.1% to 26.6%

All of the local government including the Chief of Police, Mayor, city council is liberal Democrat.

15 minutes ago, bdutton said:

Section 8 housing

Food Stamps

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

And in Chicago's poorer neighborhoods there aren't many jobs so especially young people there need to find work downtown or in other parts of the city.  Trouble is that Chicago is a sanctuary city with over 100K illegal immigrants living and working there making jobs for those in the poorer neighborhoods much much harder to obtain.  Mayor after Dem mayor though won't touch that and they continue to toe the party line while Chicago residents continue to elect mayors from the same pool of stooges. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1