Will Violence kill another revolution?

1 minute ago, Niagara Bill said:

The point of this thread is exactly that. Can the revolution, the fight for recognition of the our societal change survive the distraction of violence that opportunists take advantage of. In the 60s the violence continued to increase by all. The establishment even participated and encouraged it. Nixon re election team sent people into the protests to encourage violent actions. ( see John Dean). So anarchists encouraged by establishment ruined peace. 

Can this be stopped in 2020?

The peaceful protesters are as much to blame as everyone else.  They complain about people not condemning police but they do not condemn the looters.

I have a friend who owns a little store.  During protest it was looted and destroyed but he is not a "white elite" but a Korean who family works in store and live above it.

No one even offered to help him clean up the damage to store.

He recognized some of the looters are regulars in store and when he refused to allow person in post cleanup of store he got complaints even after showing videos to complainers.

Martin Luther King Jr. condemned all kinds of violence.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

This is largely a misrepresentation of King's methods, and is often used deliberately to suppress or discredit the various forms of legitimate dissent over the years. His major point, in speaking to the obstacles inherent in establishing societal change and the manner with which they are achieved, was that the greatest hurdle was '...the white moderate who is more devoted to order than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says, ‘I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action.’

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

The peaceful protesters are as much to blame as everyone else.  They complain about people not condemning police but they do not condemn the looters.

I have a friend who owns a little store.  During protest it was looted and destroyed but he is not a "white elite" but a Korean who family works in store and live above it.

No one even offered to help him clean up the damage to store.

He recognized some of the looters are regulars in store and when he refused to allow person in post cleanup of store he got complaints even after showing videos to complainers.

Sorry about your friends store, I am sure it hurts and is frustrating. 

Mob mentality can be cruel. Ever been to a Bills game. I have said things and done things I am not proud of. 

Hopefully the looters and your friend can come face to face and have a real conversation that is above the fray. 

There is too much hate built up. The steam must be allowed to escape.

1 hour ago, Niagara Bill said:

This is confusing me, which may be easy at times, but why when we talk revolution of a racial sense does the subject of welfare raise its head. Not all black Americans are welfare recipients. A large part of the black segment is highly educated, employed, successful, valued members of the community and world. They still get treated poorly and suspiciously by many people and the police and the courts, and some business etc etc.

Our society in the US and Canada must bridge this divide. 

I pledge to try and do my part.

On a lighter note I already know that no matter what I do or what WE can accomplish in the revolution I still cannot get a date with JLo so I have no ulterior motive. 

Your OP barely mentions a racial component specifically the Black Panthers.  The Black Panthers had many issues that were not economic such as disproportionate numbers of African Americans being sent to Vietnam.  Anyways, I was responding to the post concerning collectivism which was never done in the US to any degree outside of some homesteading but in Europe and other parts of the world not affecting African Americans.  If implemented in the US collectivism would not only impact African Americans but many Americans including Caucasians.  I suspect that many whites would participate with the intent of receiving benefits who previously did not work.  There are many in WNY who have never worked a day in their lives in terms of being officially on a payroll.  They either live with the parents or grandparents in a home or a mobile home on a relative's property.  They barter for their needs and work for cash when possible.

3 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Your OP barely mentions a racial component specifically the Black Panthers.  The Black Panthers had many issues that were not economic such as disproportionate numbers of African Americans being sent to Vietnam.  Anyways, I was responding to the post concerning collectivism which was never done in the US to any degree outside of some homesteading but in Europe and other parts of the world not affecting African Americans.  If implemented in the US collectivism would not only impact African Americans but many Americans including Caucasians.  I suspect that many whites would participate with the intent of receiving benefits who previously did not work.  There are many in WNY who have never worked a day in their lives in terms of being officially on a payroll.  They either live with the parents or grandparents in a home or a mobile home on a relative's property.  They barter for their needs and work for cash when possible.

Equating poor or welfare dependant, or drugs dependant is the same as racist tendencies or racism.

When society can become color blind then people have a chance.the issue of climbing out of a ghetto and racism are 2 different issues. It may affect your vision to all blacks, 

Poverty is poverty. Race is race.

By the way, the peace movement of the 60s was highjackex by the violence of the race issue, beginning with the Black Panthers. Just as the lgbtq has been highjacked in some cities by BLM

Edited by Niagara Bill