Will Violence kill another revolution?

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I can’t pass up the opportunity to interact with someone online who feels compelled to mention they attended Cornell. That’s blood in the water.

Yeah, your blood.  Shouldn't you be crying to a mod right about now over something?  By the way Cornell offers more than political science courses.

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Case in point.

I'll credit you for having a very active imagination.  Most people would be jealous to think that you win all your battles.  So when is daddy showing up to tell me that I am playing too rough with you?

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Accusing me of "thinking I'm smarter than everyone else" certainly feels like malice. It also seems like the pot calling the kettle black. Alas...

Fair point.  I should have kept to the ideas.  Sorry about that.

8 hours ago, GG said:

Keep proving that you don't know what you are talking about or learned anything in history class.  

Your posts sound strangely like those of Agent R...do you get paid extra for each identity?

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

I am afraid you are right! So much hatred. 

" Something is happening, but you don't know what it is, do you Mr. Jones?"

To me the hatred is not organic, but rather a result of decades of an anti- American education system finally coming home to roost, and the end of journalism in favor of activism...

People are made to feel like everything and everyone are worse than they really are...instead of simply disagreeing with the opposition, people are taught to hate them, and call them the worst names in the book...we are taught that people who disagree aren’t to be treated as human beings, but as the scum of the Earth...

We are taught to physically attack those we disagree with because no longer is talking peaceful- but now words are considered violence, and free speech is racist...if you believe in hard work and taking responsibility, you are considered a bigot and a white supremacist, even if you are not white...

The world is upside down and we are all going to hell in a hand bag real fast...buckle up- it’s gonna be a bumpy ride...

• Like (+1) 3

I just wish the entirety of the stories were used & not just the parts & pieces that fit the narrative or agenda of the revolt which is the way it always works .

As i get older i find that's the way it has always been and will always be but you can't just listen to 1 side or the other and follow like sheep because that's the intent to use parts and pieces to achieve the goal . Then you throw in those that don't want to waste a crisis and it all goes to hell ! 

Individual research will find truths that lie in the shadows that no one wants known on either side ! I have always told my kids learn from your and my mistakes made learn from them so that you can become a better person . Also learn from the mistakes made in history and learn from those don't bury history and expect change to be for the better ! 

The first step to change is admitting those mistakes, faults, short comings what ever you want to label them as then bring them into he light and only then can change for the better be made !

There was only 1 that was perfect ? all glory to the father through the son  ! 

• Like (+1) 1

At the risk of getting back on topic, there is definitely a strong effort by white supremacists to incite violence and derail progress.  That includes directly committing violent acts against police at demonstrations and inciting both sides online.  I’m surprised we’re so far into this thread without that being mentioned.

10 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

At the risk of getting back on topic, there is definitely a strong effort by white supremacists to incite violence and derail progress.  That includes directly committing violent acts against police at demonstrations and inciting both sides online.  I’m surprised we’re so far into this thread without that being mentioned.

Every City's Mayor has lamented the acts of "outside agitators" in these recent protests that have spun out of control.  I've often wondered who these "outside agitators" were and what they represent and what their goals are.  Many people have speculated that these are racists stirring up trouble, and many people have fingered far left marxists.  The truth is that it is probably both, to some extent.  

In any event, it would have been nice if the local yokel (seemingly peaceful) protesters hadn't so willingly taken the bait. It would have been awfully nice if the peaceful protesters helped to point out who the agitators are and who they agitated.  Maybe this happened, but I haven't seen it reported with any regularity. 

One of the demands of the protesters is that police have a reduced role in policing.  They want to substitute the community to handle policing matters.  It doesn't bode well if peaceful, local, protesters (a) take the bait so easily, and (2) can't police their own community during what's supposed to be peaceful activity.

21 minutes ago, snafu said:

Every City's Mayor has lamented the acts of "outside agitators" in these recent protests that have spun out of control.  I've often wondered who these "outside agitators" were and what they represent and what their goals are.  Many people have speculated that these are racists stirring up trouble, and many people have fingered far left marxists.  The truth is that it is probably both, to some extent.  

In any event, it would have been nice if the local yokel (seemingly peaceful) protesters hadn't so willingly taken the bait. It would have been awfully nice if the peaceful protesters helped to point out who the agitators are and who they agitated.  Maybe this happened, but I haven't seen it reported with any regularity. 

One of the demands of the protesters is that police have a reduced role in policing.  They want to substitute the community to handle policing matters.  It doesn't bode well if peaceful, local, protesters (a) take the bait so easily, and (2) can't police their own community during what's supposed to be peaceful activity.

Let’s not make that one sided.  In many cases the police have been the ones to initiate violence.  I’ve seen enough footage of that that I can’t imagine you haven’t.  In some other cases police have reacted with violence to violence initiated by suspected or known white supremacists within the crowd of protesters.  

34 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Let’s not make that one sided.  In many cases the police have been the ones to initiate violence.  I’ve seen enough footage of that that I can’t imagine you haven’t.  In some other cases police have reacted with violence to violence initiated by suspected or known white supremacists within the crowd of protesters.  

Can you re-read my first Paragraph and tell me why that's one-sided?

By the way, I don't think "outside agitators" are so prolific to be whipping up violence and unrest at every protest.  In fact, I don't really believe in "outside agitators".

My points were:

(1) it doesn't really matter who the "agitators" are, and it is likely coming from both ends of the spectrum

(2) the peacefulness broke down when local protesters decided that they'd like to not be so peaceful

(3) I didn't see any peaceful protester helping to root out the agitators or the people who got agitated

I wasn't really talking about the police.  I will say that I believe they were in a tough spot when things got ugly.

Edited by snafu

33 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

lmao bruh you want me to tell you who was throwing molotov cocktails and bricks in my city when ***** went down?  Because it wasn't "white supremacists" bogeymen.

The looters (and the looters are not all from outside instigators) have ruined support from many.

Violet protesters and looters have resulted in many businesses leaving urban areas decreasing jobs in areas as well as services/businesses.

We will have another contraction of businesses not wanting to absorb costs and more complaints about communities not be served.

1 hour ago, LeviF91 said:

lmao bruh you want me to tell you who was throwing molotov cocktails and bricks in my city when ***** went down?  Because it wasn't "white supremacists" bogeymen.

Barley probably has doctored videos showing it was the police.

On 6/21/2020 at 4:57 PM, RochesterRob said:

We are all aware of the differences in terms of practice and print when it comes to policy.  You are stalling.  Would you be happy if someone received part of your assets without payment to you?  That the same person performed no work and yet was compensated with some of your assets?  Do you consider it fair that in certain portions of the world and at certain times people had assets taken away from them that they believed was earned in a fair manor?   I am not interested in any political science drivel that you hunted up or were taught at college.  Do you believe in the right for the government to collect and redistribute assets without compensation to the previous holders of those assets?

This is confusing me, which may be easy at times, but why when we talk revolution of a racial sense does the subject of welfare raise its head. Not all black Americans are welfare recipients. A large part of the black segment is highly educated, employed, successful, valued members of the community and world. They still get treated poorly and suspiciously by many people and the police and the courts, and some business etc etc.

Our society in the US and Canada must bridge this divide. 

I pledge to try and do my part.

On a lighter note I already know that no matter what I do or what WE can accomplish in the revolution I still cannot get a date with JLo so I have no ulterior motive. 

47 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

The looters (and the looters are not all from outside instigators) have ruined support from many.

Violet protesters and looters have resulted in many businesses leaving urban areas decreasing jobs in areas as well as services/businesses.

We will have another contraction of businesses not wanting to absorb costs and more complaints about communities not be served.

The point of this thread is exactly that. Can the revolution, the fight for recognition of the our societal change survive the distraction of violence that opportunists take advantage of. In the 60s the violence continued to increase by all. The establishment even participated and encouraged it. Nixon re election team sent people into the protests to encourage violent actions. ( see John Dean). So anarchists encouraged by establishment ruined peace. 

Can this be stopped in 2020?