Unpopular takes on TBD

4 minutes ago, Rico said:

Boneless > Drums and Flats

Now you've gone too far.  Boneless sucks.  I would take flats over boneless, and would even take blue cheese over boneless.

2 minutes ago, Happy said:

Now you've gone too far.  Boneless sucks.  I would take flats over boneless, and would even take blue cheese over boneless.

Also, any food that has onions in it where it isn’t fully dissolved to where you can’t taste them is unacceptable. God forbid you actually crunch into one. :thumbdown:

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Why come into a thread titled “unpopular opinion” and take offense to someone else’s “unpopular opinion?” 

No offense taken.  I’m about to go medieval on whomever said ranch>blue cheese

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Pete said:

No offense taken.  I’m about to go medieval on whomever said ranch>blue cheese

Ranch is better than blue cheese.  The only place blue cheese and wings are a thing is in Buffalo.  Outside of that, it's simply personal preference.  I suppose that can be an unpopular take.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Happy said:

Ranch is better than blue cheese.  The only place blue cheese and wings are a thing is in Buffalo.  Outside of that, it's simply personal preference.  I suppose that can be an unpopular take.

That's because the blue cheese you get at most Buffalo pizza places is a lot better than blue cheese salad dressing bottles you buy at the grocery store for whatever reason.  The blue cheese tastes better in gallon containers maybe or home made.  I'm not sure Rootie's blue cheese is available across the country.

Just now, Doc Brown said:

That's because the blue cheese you get at most Buffalo pizza places is a lot better than blue cheese salad dressing bottles you buy at the grocery store for whatever reason.  The blue cheese tastes better in gallon containers maybe or home made.  I'm not sure Rootie's blue cheese is available across the country.

I've never heard of Rootie's blue cheese dressing, even when I lived in the Southern Tier.  The only blue cheese I can get is Wish Bone, Ken's, Kraft, and some big grocery store chain's brand name.  Plus the blue cheese I've had in restaurants isn't any good, either.

1 minute ago, Happy said:

I've never heard of Rootie's blue cheese dressing, even when I lived in the Southern Tier.  The only blue cheese I can get is Wish Bone, Ken's, Kraft, and some big grocery store chain's brand name.  Plus the blue cheese I've had in restaurants isn't any good, either.

Did you live there for like a week?

1.  Still the president of the Jordan Phillips fan club.  His loss will be felt as he was an emotional leader on the team.  Getting guys fired up is an important role on any team and he did it as well as anyone.  He was also a productive pass rusher yet somehow a high conversion rate of pressures to sacks has been spun as a bad thing.

2.  I would have preferred Lawson at his salary to Addison at his.  I don't really buy into the Carolina thing but this and the Butler signings got me wavering.  Lawson was another rah rah guy who was drafted and developed.  He improved each year and we let him go to a division rival no less.

3.  Josh's lateral in the playoff game wasn't the terrible play it gets made out to be.  It wasn't the moment being too big.  It was Josh trying to do to much and make a play.  If he did make that lateral successfully, the Bills win and that play is replayed constantly.

4.  Josh was clearly concussed in the playoff game.  3 blockers, a clear lane to at least fg range and all 3 guys blew it allowing Josh to get blown up.

5. old one but I will never not argue this.  The loss to the Steelers' 3rd stringers was actually a loss to a lot of guys who led them to a sb win a few years later.  James Harrison and Willie Parker both had great games as unknown players.

6. Rob Johnson left the field with  the lead.  That loss is not on him or the decision to start him regardless of who made the call.

7.  Marv Levy blew the end of sb 25.  that kick was out of Norwood's range and he wasted time at the end of the game where they could have gotten closer.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Did you live there for like a week?

In the Southern Tier (Binghamton area)?  No, I was born, raised, and graduated high school.  I never lived in Buffalo, if that is what you're asking.  People in Binghamton like wings, but there is not this odd penchant for blue cheese.  Some people like blue cheese, others prefer ranch.  I never found that having ranch on buffalo wings was odd, but actually preferred it.

2 minutes ago, Happy said:

In the Southern Tier (Binghamton area)?  No, I was born, raised, and graduated high school.  I never lived in Buffalo, if that is what you're asking.  People in Binghamton like wings, but there is not this odd penchant for blue cheese.  Some people like blue cheese, others prefer ranch.  I never found that having ranch on buffalo wings was odd, but actually preferred it.

Hmmm....interesting.  I still can't get it out of my head you never heard of Rooties.  Were you born with a taste disorder or experience recurrent upper respiratory infections or middle ear infections?

26 minutes ago, section122 said:

1.  Still the president of the Jordan Phillips fan club.  His loss will be felt as he was an emotional leader on the team.  Getting guys fired up is an important role on any team and he did it as well as anyone.  He was also a productive pass rusher yet somehow a high conversion rate of pressures to sacks has been spun as a bad thing.

2.  I would have preferred Lawson at his salary to Addison at his.  I don't really buy into the Carolina thing but this and the Butler signings got me wavering.  Lawson was another rah rah guy who was drafted and developed.  He improved each year and we let him go to a division rival no less.

3.  Josh's lateral in the playoff game wasn't the terrible play it gets made out to be.  It wasn't the moment being too big.  It was Josh trying to do to much and make a play.  If he did make that lateral successfully, the Bills win and that play is replayed constantly.

4.  Josh was clearly concussed in the playoff game.  3 blockers, a clear lane to at least fg range and all 3 guys blew it allowing Josh to get blown up.

5. old one but I will never not argue this.  The loss to the Steelers' 3rd stringers was actually a loss to a lot of guys who led them to a sb win a few years later.  James Harrison and Willie Parker both had great games as unknown players.

6. Rob Johnson left the field with  the lead.  That loss is not on him or the decision to start him regardless of who made the call.

7.  Marv Levy blew the end of sb 25.  that kick was out of Norwood's range and he wasted time at the end of the game where they could have gotten closer.

I agree with #3-7.  

1-  The reason a high sack conversion rate is seen as a bad thing is because it means he has little to no pressures. A pressure that doesn’t lead to a sack, but leads to a TO on downs or TO is just as good as a sack in most cases.  He just didn’t make very plays imo.  

2-  I think Addison is a better fit for this team based on our current DL.  

7- I didn’t even watch the kick.  When I saw Norwood run into the field I ran into my room and cried.  Seconds later I hear my pops erupt like a volcano. 8 seconds left.  My 15 year old self was praying that we’d throw a quick out or quick dump off to Thurman to get oob with 1 second left.  Risky with 8 seconds but Norwood kicking a 47 yard FG was riskier

30 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Hmmm....interesting.  I still can't get it out of my head you never heard of Rooties.  Were you born with a taste disorder or experience recurrent upper respiratory infections or middle ear infections?

None of those.  Ranch and wings are like bread is to a sandwich.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, section122 said:

I will agree to most of these, not so sure of Josh was in fact concussed at the end of the Houston game but it would makes sense and explain a lot.  I really agree with #s 1. 2, 3, 6 & 7.