Unpopular takes on TBD

8 minutes ago, teef said:

i bet you're the guy who turns down the volume of his radio when he's looking for a street.

I bet you're the guy that still calls the remote control the clicker.

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

not everyone has a spoiler on their honda ok guy

It's very hard to have a spoiler on a super reliable Toyota Tacoma.  You can't buy a more reliable vehicle.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

The similarities always bothered me BUT there is one major difference.  Josh Allen loves the game of football and is wiling to be a team leader and  work hard to improve.  Locker didnt love the game, didnt improve at all and just walked away from the game when he should have been in his prime.

I hope you're right. In fairness to Locker (I liked him, and for a few weeks there I thought he'd be really good), the injuries simply were too frequent and serious and they wore him down mentally and physically. What I like about Allen is that he definitely adjusted him playing style to avoid leaving himself as exposed to injury. But I still think they're remarkably similar as young QBs about 7 years apart: crazy athletic, great arms, big frames, accuracy issues ...

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Josh Allen (7th overall) is the reincarnation of Jake Locker (8th).

From Sporting News

"INDIANAPOLIS — He hopes to emulate one of his mentors in Carson Wentz. He shares a physical resemblance to a young Ben Roethlisberger. His throwing velocity has drawn comparisons to other strong-armed predecessors like JaMarcus Russell and Kyle Boller. And his college completion percentage is reminiscent of another major draft bust in Jake Locker."

Kzoo, I like you’re passion, but we were good enough, we just weren’t coached well enough.  I guess another unpopular take, but for all of Levy’s strengths, he was outcoached in the big ones.  If anything, we had superior talent just used in a way that showed flaws.  One area of a personnel mistake was not replacing Fred Smerlas with another Monster NT.  We thought we would be cute and use a small fast NT in Jeff Wright.  Playing a 3-4 when it really was a 3-4, not a hybrid was not meant to have a small fast NT.  We needed a monster body like big old Teddy W. (That’s Ted Washington for the youngins in the group).  That made us susceptible up the middle to the run like IDK, Emmett.

It still amazes me how Bruce averaged I think it was 17 sacks a year for over 19 years in a 3-4, and didn’t have a Teddy taking up space in the middle.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Kzoo, I like you’re passion, but we were good enough, we just weren’t coached well enough.  I guess another unpopular take, but for all of Levy’s strengths, he was outcoached in the big ones.  If anything, we had superior talent just used in a way that showed flaws.  One area of a personnel mistake was not replacing Fred Smerlas with another Monster NT.  We thought we would be cute and use a small fast NT in Jeff Wright.  Playing a 3-4 when it really was a 3-4, not a hybrid was not meant to have a small fast NT.  We needed a monster body like big old Teddy W. (That’s Ted Washington for the youngins in the group).  That made us susceptible up the middle to the run like IDK, Emmett.

It still amazes me how Bruce averaged I think it was 17 sacks a year for over 19 years in a 3-4, and didn’t have a Teddy taking up space in the middle.

I don't know, those Redskin and Cowboys teams. They were exceptional, the whole NFC was, but I also don't disagree with a thing you wrote. I don't know WTF we were thinking with Wright. That was an Era of stop the run first and we had a high flying offense. Last exposure point you would want on defense is a team that can chew clock and pound.  Phil was a very good run stuffing DE, Bruce underrated in that area, both perfect for a 3-4, then Wright was just out of place and made no sense. I can't imagine the difference Teddy would have made on that DL. I also agree about Marv. I do think Marv was a great leader of men, he brought people together in rare ways. I don't dismiss that. I don't think we go 4 straight without him. As far as X's and O's, wasn't his thing and we were out coached.    

• Like (+1) 1