Unpopular takes on TBD

On 6/20/2020 at 5:39 PM, jwhit34 said:

Unpopular take on TBD: Duke Williams has been vastly overrated here ever since he got to Buffalo. 

Yep. I mean, I like the guy, he's a good redemption story and he clearly works hard. But man, last season much of this board was in a fever pitch to get him on the field and all I could think was, if he's as good as everyone thinks he is then he'd be out there already. He came up big in the Titans game and had a few other stick-moving catches but beyond that I felt like he was just another guy. I'd assume Gabe Davis takes over as the "size" receiver this year. 

On 6/20/2020 at 6:29 PM, Bangarang said:

I eat steak with ketchup

You...you monster! Nah, I like A1 and I'm always getting crap for it. 

15 hours ago, Rico said:

Back in the day, there was no bigger puss to play for the Sabres than Jim Schoenfeld after he got married, what a night-and-day change. ***** you Schoeny, it was glorious when you got traded out of town.

Do you know that Schoenfeld was memorialized in the epic movie Wayne's World?

It was right to trade both Jason Peters and Marshawn Lynch.

Fact is both were miserable here and didnt want to be here anymore, sometimes  a trade is good for both sides and you have to let a great player go

12 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Trent Murphy is pretty good. Plays to the whistle and makes an impact in the pass rush. When he’s out there, he is effective and has a high motor. The guy has been hurt a lot,  I will concede that but he’s much better then he gets credit for.

I don't know if I would say pretty good, but he is way better than he is treated on this board.  Still, I love this take. 

• Like (+1) 2

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 8:50 AM, RoyBatty is alive said:

It was right to trade both Jason Peters and Marshawn Lynch.

Fact is both were miserable here and didnt want to be here anymore, sometimes  a trade is good for both sides and you have to let a great player go

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Josh Allen (7th overall) is the reincarnation of Jake Locker (8th).

The similarities always bothered me BUT there is one major difference.  Josh Allen loves the game of football and is wiling to be a team leader and  work hard to improve.  Locker didnt love the game, didnt improve at all and just walked away from the game when he should have been in his prime.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/23/2020 at 8:06 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

Well I do too and those are misses.  I don't think it's a situation of wanting a DB over a QB...it's more of a situation they didn't have grades as high on Mahomes and Watson.  

Its way more of a situation where we had a lame duck GM and we weren't going to saddle the incoming GM with a QB that he didn't personally select.  It was awful timing.  I am pretty confident had Beane been in place before the draft we would have selected Watson or Mahomes.

It all worked out to a point but I still find it strange that ownership hired the HC before the GM.  

• Like (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Its way more of a situation where we had a lame duck GM and we weren't going to saddle the incoming GM with a QB that he didn't personally select.  It was awful timing.  I am pretty confident had Beane been in place before the draft we would have selected Watson or Mahomes.

It all worked out to a point but I still find it strange that ownership hired the HC before the GM.  

Don't correct me in front of the kids.

• Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I bet you're that guy that leans forward in your car when you're driving up hill.

i bet you're the guy who turns down the volume of his radio when he's looking for a street.

On 6/20/2020 at 5:42 PM, Golden Goat said:

The Patriots won't be nearly as bad as many are predicting.

Bill > Tom

You got that right! 

It will be interesting to see if McDermott can actually beat Belichick this year.

• Thank you (+1) 1