Unpopular takes on TBD

19 hours ago, Rico said:

Stones > Beatles

It took 30 years for me to come to this conclusion.  I love them both- but the Beatles can’t rock like Can’t You Hear Me Knocking or Monkey Man or Gimme Shelter.  I will up the ante on your unpopular take brother-

Exile On Main Street > The White Album

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Pete said:

It took 30 years for me to come to this conclusion.  I love them both- but the Beatles can’t rock like Can’t You Hear Me Knocking or Monkey Man or Gimme Shelter.  I will up the ante on your unpopular take brother-

Yep. I love both too and I am conscious that never having seen the Beatles live might play in but I saw the Stones on the Licks Tour in Manchester and they were special. 

3 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

WOW!!!

I could not disagree more but I admire the fact that you stand by your conviction! 

He means trading AWAY Sammy Watkins. Not in trading UP for Sammy Watkins. 

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

With the recent article that came out, you still don't agree with us trading him?

Bill thinks you meant a trade up. Two things Bill hates - trade ups and defensive backs.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Bill thinks you meant a trade up. Two things Bill hates - trade ups and defensive backs.

Yes, LOL. Almost all trade ups and almost every first round defensive back to include Trey when 2 fine QBs were available.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

@BillfromNYC why do you hate defensive backs?  Tre White is the most likable Bills player since OJ.

oh snap

I prefer drafting Mahomes or Watson to a team that had no QB.

Call me crazy! ;)

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Yes, LOL. Almost all trade ups and almost every first round defensive back to include Trey when 2 fine QBs were available.

Call me crazy! ;)

Well I do too and those are misses.  I don't think it's a situation of wanting a DB over a QB...it's more of a situation they didn't have grades as high on Mahomes and Watson.  

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Love them both, but no doubt Exile is greater.

i look at it this way:

Beatles = greatest pop band

Stones = greatest rock band.

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

Call me crazy! ;)

I think this is who McDermott is - DB is the most important position on the team and the defense revolves around the defensive backfield.  That year Whaley was a lame duck and McD ran the draft; he knew less about offense than he does now, and he doesn't seem to know much about it now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Well I do too and those are misses.  I don't think it's a situation of wanting a DB over a QB...it's more of a situation they didn't have grades as high on Mahomes and Watson.  

They are QB’s so they get a natural bump up. 

They chose to punt on taking a QB in 17. TT was on his way out. Cardale was nothing. 

They had their reasons but no one can argue that it wasn’t a mistake.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Happy said:

I think this is who McDermott is - DB is the most important position on the team and the defense revolves around the defensive backfield.  That year Whaley was a lame duck and McD ran the draft; he knew less about offense than he does now, and he doesn't seem to know much about it now.

It speaks volumes about his team-building strategy that, in his first off-season as a HC, he signed 2 UFA safeties and drafted a CB in the first.  

I know having these players allows McD to run his defense and there are some benefits to that.  Thing is, the cost to retain these 3 is going to rise exponentially.  Tre will want a huge extension, Poyer just re-signed a 2 year 20.5M extension, although Hyde's contract expires after the 2021 season.  It's not as wise an investment given what we know about how difficult it is to keep a defense together and that side of the ball's impact on the W column. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Love them both, but no doubt Exile is greater.

i look at it this way:

Beatles = greatest pop band

Stones = greatest rock band.

Stones can also boast great disco band too.  Lets not forget Emotional Rescue.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

It speaks volumes about his team-building strategy that, in his first off-season as a HC, he signed 2 UFA safeties and drafted a CB in the first.  

I know having these players allows McD to run his defense and there are some benefits to that.  Thing is, the cost to retain these 3 is going to rise exponentially.  Tre will want a huge extension, Poyer just re-signed a 2 year 20.5M extension, although Hyde's contract expires after the 2021 season.  It's not as wise an investment given what we know about how difficult it is to keep a defense together and that side of the ball's impact on the W column. 

That year they really didn't need a CB in the first round; they had Darby and Gilmore.  Picking up Poyer and Hyde was a good move and was a much needed upgrade,  though they were FAs. I think Hyde gets extended after this season, but it won't be a big extension; Poyer might be done after his contract plays out.  They will want to make every effort to extend Tre, I believe, though I don't think he should set any new CB contract records. 

3 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Great player, great pick. Remember, we went into that draft with the #8,  2 early 2nds and an early 3rd. We actually traded up for a horrible DE John McCargo.  So, from those 4 picks we came away with:

Donte Whitner (S) - So-so player at #8

John McCargo (DE) - Awful DE at #26

Ashton Youboty (DB) - Horrible player 6th pick of round 3

Then, we followed up this mess with Ko Simpson  (DB) - Another terrible player with the 8th pick of round 4.

Not good.

Awful draft for sure. 

Just couldn't be worst ever for me with a Bills legend like Kyle in it. Even if you believe he was slightly overrated he was one of the only consistent positives on a lot of terrible teams.

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Stones can also boast great disco band too.  Lets not forget Emotional Rescue.

Miss You > Emotional Rescue

Both were far better than Macca’s limp Goodnight Tonight.

1 hour ago, Metal Man said:

Awful draft for sure. 

Just couldn't be worst ever for me with a Bills legend like Kyle in it. Even if you believe he was slightly overrated he was one of the only consistent positives on a lot of terrible teams.

2000 is the worst draft in Bills history. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Rico said:

Miss You > Emotional Rescue

Both were far better than Macca’s limp Goodnight Tonight.

No.  No.  No.  No.  No.  The Goodnight Tonight bass line makes it better than both of those Stones songs (both of which were far more disco than any McCartney/Wings song, ever).

1 hour ago, Metal Man said:

Awful draft for sure. 

I for one do not think this at all. Looking back, he would have been a fine 1st Round pick.

• Like (+1) 1