Unpopular takes on TBD

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Mario Addison will underachieve. He didn’t have a sack in like the last 8 games and he ate up terrible OTs other than that. I say he has less than 7 sacks which he hasn’t done in years.

I hear ya. I just hope playing on a dline with better players and depth, along with a really good defensive backfield around him gives him time or frees him up to get 8-10 sacks. That was a long sentence there.

6 minutes ago, JK Fan said:

My unpopular take, Christian Wade will be a exempt practice squad player again this year.  He will not make the team.

I’m rooting for him for sure, but this wouldn’t surprise me at all.

MOST unpopular take...? How about Josh Allen isn't a franchise QB or he will never achieve franchise QB status  for the Buffalo Bills

actually ive got it....ranch is better than blue cheese on wings..LOL   ***BUNKER***** haha

• Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We were right in trading Sammy Watkins.

I completely agree.  Now if you had put the word "for" between "trading" and "Sammy" that would have probably gotten a different reaction.

• Like (+1) 1

McKenzie gets cut. All of the little gadget plays that McK did last year Stephon Diggs did for the Vikes. And, quite frankly, Diggs does them better. McK offered versatility that Daboll cherishes. Diggs makes him redundant. If there is a role that keeps McK on the team, it will be for the other versatile attributes that he has for which they may not want to risk Diggs-- special teams, etc. They had him in as a defensive back at one point last season. But, I don't think that is going to be enough to keep him on the team.

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Lee Smith is actually a good role player on this team.  He is a superior inline blocker.  He had 9 penalties (8 accepted/1 declined) last year which is the big knock against him.  Interestingly though 7 of those were in three games - all losses to NE(3), Phil(2), and Clev(2).  For reference Dawkins had 12, Ford had 10, and Morse had 9 called against them.  Now these three are on the filed more far more than Smith which still makes his penalties frustrating.  

I think he still makes the team with Knox, Kroft, and Sweeney goes to the PS one more time. I can see them letting Smith go and carrying an extra OT especially if the kid from UW pans out.  I'd be fine with that scenario but I do think Smith deserves a bit more credit on this board for his play than most give him.  

Interested to see what others have to post

The penalties are huge and he offers nothing in the passing game.......I actually like Sweeney as a blocker/pass catcher

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Mario Addison will underachieve. He didn’t have a sack in like the last 8 games and he ate up terrible OTs other than that. I say he has less than 7 sacks which he hasn’t done in years.

Did you mean to say he got ate up by terrible OTs?

I get that he is $6M less in guaranteed money than Lawson, but he's also five years older than Shaq, as well as trending down while Lawson is trending up in performance.  The more I hear about Addison, the less optimistic I am.  Why did Beane/McD basically commit two years to Addison (out of a possible three year deal)?  On paper this signing looks suspect.

25 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

@Happy Especially if the bartender happens to be spinning CCR on the sound system ???

CCR...that would be too many R's and C's.  Plus a bar playing CCR won't be serving Crown, but rather moonshine.

Edited by Happy
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Happy said:

Did you mean to say he got ate up by terrible OTs?

I get that he is $6M less in guaranteed money than Lawson, but he's also five years older than Shaq, as well as trending down while Lawson is trending up in performance.  The more I hear about Addison, the less optimistic I am.  Why did Beane/McD basically commit two years to Addison (out of a possible three year deal)?  On paper this signing looks suspect.

CCR...that would be too many R's and C's.  Plus a bar playing CCR won't be serving Crown, but rather moonshine.

As I understand it his sacks came in bunches against bad players. Candidly, I didn’t go back and look but know he really cooled off. 

2 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Royal Crown is the best cola.

I tried supporting RC as a kid.........because I always go the other way. But darn it if red Coke still isn't the best. RC.........sorry. Just couldn't take you to the top.

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We were right in trading Sammy Watkins.

First good post you've had in a while. Well done!

1 hour ago, Happy said:

Yes it is, and Crown Royal is the best whiskey.  Think about the delicious combination of the two...RCCR, CRRC, etc.  Could drive a bartender nuts.

Wait just a minute.........here is your opportunity to invent the proper verbiage for a new drink. Is it "give me a Crown Royal Crown" or "I'd like a Royal Crown Royal?" 

Discuss. Lee Smith, please take a seat.

24 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

There won't be an NFL season this year :cry:

Isn't this the all-of-a-sudden new narrative.....

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

I prefer that to @Royale with Cheese and his ranch with wings. He may have bumped his head as a child.   ?‍♂️

He also got this reaction when on a date with the below......

Emma Stone Gifs - Album on Imgur