NFLPA recommends that players stop practicing together

Logic

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/06/20/nflpa-recommends-that-players-stop-practicing-together/

The NFL had no offseason workouts in 2020, but plenty of players have worked out together on their own. The NFL Players Association officially has asked them to stop.

“Please be advised that it is our consensus medical opinion that in light of the increase in COVID-19 cases in certain states that no players should be engaged in practicing together in private workouts,” Dr. Thom Mayer, the NFLPA medical director, said in an email to all players, a copy of which PFT has obtained....

Edited by Logic

15 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

I’m starting to come to the awful realization that an NFL season will almost be impossible to pull off. Thank you China for ruining that for us as well...

No, I think most players are just going to stay isolated during the season and accept the risks. They're not a high-risk demographic, anyway. Crowdless games seems like the inevitable scenario.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

I’m starting to come to the awful realization that an NFL season will almost be impossible to pull off. Thank you China for ruining that for us as well...

You spelled Florida wrong.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

New Zealand

South Korea KBO Baseball

Germany Bundesliga

Now what might differ between those countries and ours? 

Hmmmm  ?

Pssssst: what if I told you.... the difference is not China?

• Like (+1) 10
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 7

23 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You spelled Florida wrong.

You both spelled "science deniers" wrong.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

1/4 of Clemson's football team just tested positive.  

The chance of a full season of football in 2020 is almost zero at this point.  

That's a shame because UB was set to have a great year. They were scheduled to play at Ohio State.

56 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Now what might differ between those countries and ours? 

Hmmmm  ?

Pssssst: what if I told you.... the difference is not China?

Centralized power and strong borders? Like, NZ is a couple islands and South Korea has one border with a country they’re technically at war with. Not to mention the differences between East Asian societies and their view of government vs. western ideals. 

Meanwhile Germany is spiking in cases, not huge spikes but not surprising given they’ve been at least semi open since May. 

And of course, their combined populations are less than half that of the USA. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

I'm starting to think the same thing. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

Was just thinking the same thing.   The curve is different all over the country and we really have no idea when/if it will get better or worse.   Bummer.

Oh well....only 307 days till the draft.   http://draftcountdown.com/

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, DBilz2500 said:

Yea it sucks. There’s too many variables and the news will be pumping Covid through most of the fall and put pressure on the NFL to shut things down 

Yes, the damn news reporting what's going on in the world. They're to blame! Them and testing. Stop testing and reporting on Covid. That would fix everything! Who's with me?

:rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Yes, the damn news reporting what's going on in the world. They're to blame! Them and testing. Stop testing and reporting on Covid. That would fix everything! Who's with me?

Stop being a cheap shot artist.........?

33 minutes ago, The Dean said:

The news, on both sides, is mostly just opinion. Very little actual truthful news anymore. So who knows what’s actually true or false about this virus ??‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1