2 Tampa Bay Bucs test positive for Covid-19

23 hours ago, Logic said:

Actually, the spike in COVID numbers in states that held the largest protests pales in comparison to the spikes in red states that re-opened early and with no mask-wearing protocols, where people pack into bars and restaurants.

Minnesota (where George Floyd was murdered) is adding about 250 cases a day.

Oregon, which has seen 22 straight days of protests in Portland, some as large as 12,000 people, is adding about 160 cases a day.

Meanwhile, Arizona, Texas, and Georgia are adding cases by the THOUSANDS every day.

Too-early reopening in states with no mask protocols has been responsible for VASTLY more infections than masked protests.

If you don’t believe me, go look at the numbers yourself.

Your statistics are misleading.  Oregon is a low density  unpopulated state so it will obviously have fewer cases.  It primarily depends on when states have opened up.  New York and and Michigan, Pennsylvania will see simlar spikes in infections in a month or two since they have just recently opened up.

4 minutes ago, freester said:

Your statistics are misleading.  Oregon is a low density  unpopulated state so it will obviously have fewer cases.  It primarily depends on when states have opened up.  New York and and Michigan, Pennsylvania will see simlar spikes in infections in a month or two since they have just recently opened up.

Even if you use “cases per 100,000 people” metric, Oregon (now seeing its 29th straight night of protests) lags far behind the early re-opening states in COVID cases. By a lot.

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Even if you use “cases per 100,000 people” metric, Oregon (now seeing its 29th straight night of protests) lags far behind the early re-opening states in COVID cases. By a lot.

Now do California.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Logic said:

Exactly, wait a few months and Oregon will be the same as Florida on a per capita basis.

15 hours ago, NFLBighits said:

I research the most I can on the internet, I do not trust the news or anything that is politically influenced.  I know many nurses and my girlfriend works in the pharmaceutical field, full time for her is 34 hours and still makes over six figures.  My job sucks compared to her pay lol.  

I thought only laywers could bill more than 24 hours a day (technically 25 hours when clock is turned back an hour).

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Scenario: 2020 AFC Championship game, Gailey/Fitz Dolphins vs Bills. 

Where is your allegiance? 

I've avoided the COVID part of this conversation because, well, ?

HOWEVER, this is where it comes into play: The Bills all come down with COVID, so are about to have to forfeit, but, up pulls Doug Flutie, with a lizard man wearing a Bills Sammy Watkins jersey, ripped pants, and no shoes (think: Spiderman), in the passenger side of a 1976 Buick Electra, and a gang of 52 guys wearing football uniforms, including you, me, and Bruce Smith.

...now, in the game, I drop the game-winning pass from Doug, simultaneously peeing myself, and spiralling into a deep state of depression for letting him down. But that's okay, because I still like Chan Gailey, and I didn't root against the Bills.  

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, FireChans said:

Now do California.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/24/us/coronavirus-cases-protests-black-lives-matter-trnd/index.html

Despite warnings from public health officials, new research suggests Black Lives Matter protests across the country have not led to a jump in coronavirus cases.

A new study, published this month by the National Bureau of Economic Research, used data on protests from more than 300 of the largest US cities, and found no evidence that coronavirus cases grew in the weeks following the beginning of the protests.

But by all means, please keep following me from thread to thread with your weird vendetta.

Edited by Logic

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/24/us/coronavirus-cases-protests-black-lives-matter-trnd/index.html

Despite warnings from public health officials, new research suggests Black Lives Matter protests across the country have not led to a jump in coronavirus cases.

A new study, published this month by the National Bureau of Economic Research, used data on protests from more than 300 of the largest US cities, and found no evidence that coronavirus cases grew in the weeks following the beginning of the protests.

But by all means, please keep following me from thread to thread with your weird vendetta.

Oh I'm not following you. If I see someone with all that "Red states vs blue states (except the blue states that suck)," I won't not say anything.  Sorry.

12 hours ago, Logic said:

Im all for the protests but this study is patently false and misleading.  I live in Atlanta, where there were tons of protests, and cases have grown.  Same with Charlotte, same with LA, same with Houston, same with mid-size/smaller cities like Greenville, SC - In fact, nearby, most allude to Clemson football having such a jump because of players participating in the protests.  At the very least it’s extremely coincidental.  

All had protests and all had an immediate spike in cases, yet here we are with this article...

Good thing hospitalizations and deaths are still down most everywhere, since that was the goal, before media and politicians made everyone believe the goal is actually to stop COVID - so I wouldn’t be upset if protests actually did spike cases - which they clearly have, despite this mess of an inaccurate study. 

Edited by SCBills

On 6/24/2020 at 1:06 PM, Logic said:

Actually, the spike in COVID numbers in states that held the largest protests pales in comparison to the spikes in red states that re-opened early and with no mask-wearing protocols, where people pack into bars and restaurants.

hmm...

Even California, which was the first state to lock down and one of the last ones to reopen, is setting daily records this week for new cases.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/the-health-202/2020/06/26/the-health-202-the-trump-administration-is-eyeing-a-new-testing-strategy-for-coronavirus-anthony-fauci-says/5ef4f629602ff1080718f308/?itid=hp_no-name_hp-breaking-news%3Apage%2Fbreaking-news-bar

Did not know Newsom was a Democrat..learn something new everyday! Thank you!

21 hours ago, freester said:

Much of NYS has been opened up for a month.  No spike yet.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Much of NYS has been opened up for a month.  No spike yet.

That's because we're still mandated to wear masks in public. I believe the entire country could basically reopen right now if every state had that mandate.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

That's because we're still mandated to wear masks in public. I believe the entire country could basically reopen right now if every state had that mandate.

To be honest, people in Manhattan are far more compliant with that than in Rochester.  But you're not wrong.

Too many anti-mask loonies in these southern states.  All they can invoke is "the devil" and "the Constitution" (which most would struggle to comprehend without illustrations or the accompanying coloring book).  Those town hall open mics are a hoot!

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

To be honest, people in Manhattan are far more compliant with that than in Rochester.  But you're not wrong.

Too many anti-mask loonies in these southern states.  All they can invoke is "the devil" and "the Constitution" (which most would struggle to comprehend without illustrations or the accompanying coloring book).  Those town hall open mics are a hoot!

Nah, it’s the kids in the south that don’t care. There’s a reason the average age has plummeted.

On 6/20/2020 at 10:57 PM, Billznut said:

NBA and MLB players have already overwhelmingly been against being separated from their families for months to play a season. I highly doubt NFL players will think any differently. I don’t think families are included in the “bubble” by these leagues. So players will have to decide between playing or being with their families. Doesn’t look like they will get both. 

Ironically, having one's family might make it a lot easier for the players to limit socializing and stay within a limited group vs. being separated from families and restless/bored.