2 Tampa Bay Bucs test positive for Covid-19

10 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

my gf is a nurse she got it at work and we all had it but didn’t know.   Funny thing was she got exposed to it at work so we went and got the tests it it showed the anti bodies not the active virus so we had it before and didn’t know.  If you were able to get it a second time she should have gotten it when she was exposed the second time.  But who knows.   She’s up treating covid patients in Boston right now.  The entire staff their got it when it all started and nobody has had it again.  

Glad you're all ok

16 hours ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

Are you a real Doc? Or do you just play one on the internet? ? Just kidding - either way, it sounds like a good plan.

Would you include the players' immediate families in the testing and sequestering? That's where it gets tricky. Not sure players/coaches/staff will want to spend months away from family.

The NFL and NFLPA need to come to an agreement here. It’s in everybody’s best interest. As camps begin, players and staff need to hunker down in their teams home city, and go full Cuomo with a “stay in place” that either includes family or their family stays away. 

I have spoken to a few people at the Olympic Training Center who have come down with a COVID. It’s been a few months past recovery and they are really struggling to keep up with full volume and pace because their aerobic capacity is still far from normal. They’re starting to show some concern even 400 days out from the games. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

Glad you're all ok

thanks.  Too add.  Her hospital is full of covid patients right now and something like 90 percent of them don’t speak English. They all seem to be Hispanic and Portuguese.  It seems to be ripping through those communities right now.  Good news is they aren’t seeing cases that are too serious.  They come in, get on remdesvor and they are getting discharged.  

im going out of my mind being alone here in Charlotte with the kids by myself though.  If you want to send me beer I’ll accept it lol.  

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Billznut said:

NBA and MLB players have already overwhelmingly been against being separated from their families for months to play a season. I highly doubt NFL players will think any differently. I don’t think families are included in the “bubble” by these leagues. So players will have to decide between playing or being with their families. Doesn’t look like they will get both. 

My GF and I were talking about this. We live together and own a house, so we might be doing it backwards. But we were both like, “for $5-10M I’ll see you in 6 months” now imagine if you’re playing for a new contract. 

13 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I know about 15+ people who have had COVID.  

13+ of them felt like they had a mild flu/mild cold/next-to-nothing for a week. 

1 had serious respiratory issues where he could barely make it up stairs, but was ultimately fine after 2 weeks.  

1, who had underlying conditions, died at forty years old after weeks on a ventilator.  

For 99.9% of NFL players this will basically be like them catching a cold or mild flu.  

NFL needs to do with that what they will.  I know what I’d do.... I’d play the season and not freak out anytime someone tests positive. 

The issue is pro athletes need far more efficiency in their respiratory systems. They’ll lose a huge amount of aerobic capacity, which will effect strength and speed. Which will effect some for whether or not they make a team, get snap count/performance bonuses, or if they’re in a contract year, lifetime earning. 

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

My GF and I were talking about this. We live together and own a house, so we might be doing it backwards. But we were both like, “for $5-10M I’ll see you in 6 months” now imagine if you’re playing for a new contract. 

Families can definitely be in the bubble.  And it's not like they won't be able to see each other, what with web and cellphone cams.

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

The issue is pro athletes need far more efficiency in their respiratory systems. They’ll lose a huge amount of aerobic capacity, which will effect strength and speed. Which will effect some for whether or not they make a team, get snap count/performance bonuses, or if they’re in a contract year, lifetime earning. 

Does it affect everyone the same way, though?  I'd be curious to find out if Von Miller has any loss of aerobic capacity.

16 minutes ago, Mango said:

While true, and we don’t know the full effects of COVID 19 yet, what you say would happen - happens anytime a player catches a non-COVID 19 upper respiratory infection.  

Upper Respiratory Infections are very common and athletes play through them all the time. 

In regards to performance incentives, is that anything the NFLPA can work out before the season begins?  

As far as fringe players not making a team if they catch it, unfortunately that’s the beast.. every year players like that don’t make a team because of an injury while they’re fighting for a roster spot.  

Edited by SCBills

11 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

I'm going to he political here but if not for Trump pushing to get the economy back up football season would have happened. But instead.  Cases are escalating with not plan to dial things back.   Nevermind football.  10s of thousands of people are going to die that didn't need to.  

Sickens me to say but no football likely and no break to corona until there is a vaccine.  There could have been at least a mild reprieve....not now.  

I don't want a political shouting match , but I completely disagree. 

I don't see much that can be done to control or contain this virus. If he started a quarantine earlier,  cases would just spike when restrictions are lifted , as we're seeing. The virus wouldn't have went away , it would literally be the exact same outcome.  Vaccination seems to be the only hope to getting life back to completely normal. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Logic said:

Basically, as players return to team facilities over the next couple of months, we just need to brace ourselves for the fact that likely all 32 teams will have positive COVID tests. There are 90 players on each roster. The likelihood that ZERO players test positive on any given team is extremely low. It doesn't mean everything is going to shut down or that there won't be a season, necessarily -- although it COULD mean those things. Andrew Brandt said it well on Twitter:

The primary factor in whether or not we have a 2020 NFL season will be the extent of the NFL owners' greed, and how they weigh the opportunity cost of profits vs safety of their players, coaching and support staffs, and fans. The other thing I could see playing a major role is if a player or coach ends up being hospitalized or dying from COVID. Bear in mind that many coaches are solidly in the "at risk" group, as are a fair amount of offensive linemen. There is a certain point past which even the money-obsessed owners will not be able to justify moving forward with a season.

Players are driven by the economics and their playing opportunity as well. The owners can handle the hit to their wallets. Many players can't. 

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

I know about 15+ people who have had COVID.  

13+ of them felt like they had a mild flu/mild cold/next-to-nothing for a week. 

1 had serious respiratory issues where he could barely make it up stairs, but was ultimately fine after 2 weeks.  

1, who had underlying conditions, died at forty years old after weeks on a ventilator.  

For 99.9% of NFL players this will basically be like them catching a cold or mild flu.  

NFL needs to do with that what they will.  I know what I’d do.... I’d play the season and not freak out anytime someone tests positive. 

What happens when 20 players on your team test positive?

21 hours ago, wppete said:

Anyone know anyone that has passed from COVID-19? Just curious, I have asked all my friends and family and not a single person knows anyone. I Wonder what everyone else experience is. 

GO BILLS!

I think COVID-19 has been around much much longer than February. I think I got it around November-December, I had all the symptoms. Two of my roommates got it too. Woke up multiple times in the middle of the night coughing, wheezing and having difficulties breathing, fever, cold sweats, lightheaded. I think it’s been going around much longer than what’s being reported. Some people have had it and they didn’t even know they had it I’m sure. Been around since last flu season.

4 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I think COVID-19 has been around much much longer than February. I think I got it around November-December, I had all the symptoms. Two of my roommates got it too. Woke up multiple times in the middle of the night coughing, wheezing and having difficulties breathing, fever, cold sweats, lightheaded. I think it’s been going around much longer than what’s being reported. Some people have had it and they didn’t even know they had it I’m sure. Been around since last flu season.

That is very concerning to hear. 

• Sad 1

On 6/20/2020 at 12:46 PM, Logic said:

Basically, as players return to team facilities over the next couple of months, we just need to brace ourselves for the fact that likely all 32 teams will have positive COVID tests. There are 90 players on each roster. The likelihood that ZERO players test positive on any given team is extremely low. It doesn't mean everything is going to shut down or that there won't be a season, necessarily -- although it COULD mean those things. Andrew Brandt said it well on Twitter:

The primary factor in whether or not we have a 2020 NFL season will be the extent of the NFL owners' greed, and how they weigh the opportunity cost of profits vs safety of their players, coaching and support staffs, and fans. The other thing I could see playing a major role is if a player or coach ends up being hospitalized or dying from COVID. Bear in mind that many coaches are solidly in the "at risk" group, as are a fair amount of offensive linemen. There is a certain point past which even the money-obsessed owners will not be able to justify moving forward with a season.

It's not greed. It has little to do with the moral character of individuals. The system is capitalism. We are all on the ride. When the system functions and commodities circulate and people work, things are relatively good (for a certain class of people in the first world). But when things go bad for capitalism, we all suffer. It's a system. It's not individuals. It's social. We are all involved. People die everyday to sustain capitalism. It just usually isn't so obvious to relatively comfortable first world people. We all need to stop moralizing all of this and aim to examine how capitalism functions. Oh wait Marx did that in 3000 pages in the late 1860s. Welcome to the latest crisis! 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, 123719bwiqrb said:

First, antibodies only last 2-3 months:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/06/18/coronavirus-antibodies-may-last-only-2-to-3-months-after-infection-study-suggests.html

Second, I will be absolutely SHOCKED if a player dies from covid - they are all too young. Now you can die with it, and that is very possible for and NFLer - but the news will 100% muddy those waters if it happens.

It is way, way too early to determine immunity. That study you cited only had 37 participants and it was out of China. Don’t trust anything out of China. These are the guys who knew about the virus since September, possibly earlier, and tried to hide it for months. I also wouldn’t trust a study of 37 people when there have been millions of coronavirus cases. Other similar viruses such as SARS and MERS have 1-3 years of immunity. There’s no reason to think COVID is going to be the virus that breaks the rules of previous viruses.

In addition, the study itself states the people who lose the antibodies that quickly are asymptomatic people. Symptomatic cases carry immunity longer, but the study conveniently leaves out their exact time frame. However, if you truly believe that study and immunity is only 2-3 months, then what do you think that means for a vaccine? It would mean the possibility of an effective one are near zero. No one is going to be going to their doctor every 2 months for a Covid booster. 

12 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

It’s possible. First confirmed case in China was in middle of November, but speculation is around September was their first unconfirmed cases. They will never confirm that of course. Their official government records show November. I had the same thing in December but I chalked it up to just a bad flu season. Also, if you are in the Buffalo area; we have a pretty big Asian population. Between Canadian shoppers and tourists and UB’s Asian population it’s possible we were one of the first areas to have it. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

It is way, way too early to determine immunity. That study you cited only had 37 participants and it was out of China. Don’t trust anything out of China. These are the guys who knew about the virus since September, possibly earlier, and tried to hide it for months. I also wouldn’t trust a study of 37 people when there have been millions of coronavirus cases. Other similar viruses such as SARS and MERS have 1-3 years of immunity. There’s no reason to think COVID is going to be the virus that breaks the rules of previous viruses.

In addition, the study itself states the people who lose the antibodies that quickly are asymptomatic people. Symptomatic cases carry immunity longer, but the study conveniently leaves out their exact time frame. However, if you truly believe that study and immunity is only 2-3 months, then what do you think that means for a vaccine? It would mean the possibility of an effective one are near zero. No one is going to be going to their doctor every 2 months for a Covid booster. 

It’s possible. First confirmed case in China was in middle of November, but speculation is around September was their first unconfirmed cases. They will never confirm that of course. Their official government records show November. I had the same thing in December but I chalked it up to just a bad flu season. Also, if you are in the Buffalo area; we have a pretty big Asian population. Between Canadian shoppers and tourists and UB’s Asian population it’s possible we were one of the first areas to have it. 

not that it matters, and it’s certainly possible, but there are quite a few spots with much higher travel from China. All it takes is 1-2 carriers to cause an issue but if betting, Buffalo would be low on my list 

Edited by NoSaint

17 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

not that it matters, and it’s certainly possible, but there are quite a few spots with much higher travel from China. All it takes is 1-2 carriers to cause an issue but if betting, Buffalo would be lowWe on my list 

But what about all the asia people in buffalo?