2 Tampa Bay Bucs test positive for Covid-19

24 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’ve never a season cancelled before.  Not sure how contracts work.  So everyone’s contract just rolls over until an additional year.....or does this year count and the we lose a year of their service?  Huge difference.  

I guess things can change but if season is canceled you can't accrue games. As it stands now I believe you must be paid for 6 games to count as a full season to enter free agency.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

if there is no season, it will be interesting to see how they order the draft next year.  

but I think we have a spring season.   

Will they still have to trim the roaster ? 

44 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Other day on ESPN they were talking that in any sport, any champion this year will be a very questionable champion as may win due to being last man standing more than anything.

I don’t care as long as the Bills as the last ones standing !!! 
Go Bills 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I guess things can change but if season is canceled you can't accrue games. As it stands now I believe you must be paid for 6 games to count as a full season to enter free agency.

Let’s hope so.  It would be a massive blow if we lost that year.

7 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Exactly, the idea of isolating athletes has been discussed, but I just can’t see that happening. I realize they get paid well, but I can’t imagine these guys agreeing to it. Would pro athletes really agree to not seeing family, friends, and various female friends for six months or so ? I find it hard to believe. It’s easy for us to say “sequester them”, but they are human beings. I understand that many people have professions which take them away for long periods of time, but NFL players will have a job waiting for them in 2021 if the players union says no. 

NBA and MLB players have already overwhelmingly been against being separated from their families for months to play a season. I highly doubt NFL players will think any differently. I don’t think families are included in the “bubble” by these leagues. So players will have to decide between playing or being with their families. Doesn’t look like they will get both. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

I’ve never a season cancelled before.  Not sure how contracts work.  So everyone’s contract just rolls over until an additional year.....or does this year count and the we lose a year of their service?  Huge difference.  

Not sure how it will work,  MLB and NBA both bargained with the unions to allow the accrual for the season - especially as MLB (before they couldn’t agree on a number of games) was looking at losing over 50% of the season.

My guess is the NFL and NFLPA will have to talk since both sides potentially lose a ton of money. 

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Now's the time to test positive. You'll go into the season with some coveted antibodies.

Or you'll die...

Sort of to your point, it seems like quite the coincidence that Clemson and LSU (2 perennial BCS championship contenders) have a ton of positive cases right now, well before the season starts. 

if I were a conspiracy theorist....

1 hour ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Sort of to your point, it seems like quite the coincidence that Clemson and LSU (2 perennial BCS championship contenders) have a ton of positive cases right now, well before the season starts. 

if I were a conspiracy theorist....

Someone spiked the punch bowl ... with COVID-19.

10 hours ago, wppete said:

Anyone know anyone that has passed from COVID-19? Just curious, I have asked all my friends and family and not a single person knows anyone. I Wonder what everyone else experience is. 

GO BILLS!

The owner of the company my sister works for in Buffalo and had COVID-19 unknowingly. He treated her like a daughter.  She helped him with his coat last time he was on floor. He passed it to her and some of his employees.  He worked until the end trying to sell produce to nursing homes, etc on cancelled orders from restaurants.  He was very elderly and died from it.  My sister recovered from it and now is back to work.  Everyone has to wear masks at work now.

4 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Other day on ESPN they were talking that in any sport, any champion this year will be a very questionable champion as may win due to being last man standing more than anything.

Sounds like boxing.

6 hours ago, Billznut said:

NBA and MLB players have already overwhelmingly been against being separated from their families for months to play a season. I highly doubt NFL players will think any differently. I don’t think families are included in the “bubble” by these leagues. So players will have to decide between playing or being with their families. Doesn’t look like they will get both. 

It's a money play.  "We can't be without our families (without being appropriately compensated)!"

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, MJS said:

Now's the time to test positive. You'll go into the season with some coveted antibodies.

Or you'll die...

First, antibodies only last 2-3 months:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/06/18/coronavirus-antibodies-may-last-only-2-to-3-months-after-infection-study-suggests.html

Second, I will be absolutely SHOCKED if a player dies from covid - they are all too young. Now you can die with it, and that is very possible for and NFLer - but the news will 100% muddy those waters if it happens.

19 minutes ago, 123719bwiqrb said:

It’s over for at least 2020. 

My hope is that the NFL stays somewhat intact - the Sabres will not exist after this, but hopefully the Bills do.

There will be a 2020 season. It might be delayed, but there will be one. As for the Sabres, they’ll still exist. Not sure why you think they’ll disappear. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

There will be a 2020 season. It might be delayed, but there will be one. As for the Sabres, they’ll still exist. Not sure why you think they’ll disappear. 

I sure hope so, it seems this country is hell bent on destroying everything else that might be fun this year.

The NHL has not been solvent for a while now, and this stress will magnify the need for contraction.

2 minutes ago, 123719bwiqrb said:

I sure hope so, it seems this country is hell bent on destroying everything else that might be fun this year.

The NHL has not been solvent for a while now, and this stress will magnify the need for contraction.

the country is destroying everything?

15 hours ago, wppete said:

Anyone know anyone that has passed from COVID-19? Just curious, I have asked all my friends and family and not a single person knows anyone. I Wonder what everyone else experience is. 

GO BILLS!

my gf is a nurse she got it at work and we all had it but didn’t know.   Funny thing was she got exposed to it at work so we went and got the tests it it showed the anti bodies not the active virus so we had it before and didn’t know.  If you were able to get it a second time she should have gotten it when she was exposed the second time.  But who knows.   She’s up treating covid patients in Boston right now.  The entire staff their got it when it all started and nobody has had it again.  

• Like (+1) 3

I know about 15+ people who have had COVID.  

13+ of them felt like they had a mild flu/mild cold/next-to-nothing for a week. 

1 had serious respiratory issues where he could barely make it up stairs, but was ultimately fine after 2 weeks.  

1, who had underlying conditions, died at forty years old after weeks on a ventilator.  

For 99.9% of NFL players this will basically be like them catching a cold or mild flu.  

NFL needs to do with that what they will.  I know what I’d do.... I’d play the season and not freak out anytime someone tests positive. 

Edited by SCBills