2 Tampa Bay Bucs test positive for Covid-19

In England their first round of testing yielded only 4 positive results from 900+ tests from staff and players in the Premier league 

I'd say the NFL would have a much larger positive case # considering how little teams are controlling their players 

Edited by Penfield45

Anyone know anyone that has passed from COVID-19? Just curious, I have asked all my friends and family and not a single person knows anyone. I Wonder what everyone else experience is. 

GO BILLS!

Edited by wppete

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The whole world is on this? Where were they 4 years ago? But I love a good conspiracy theory 

What's hilarious is the new conspiracies contradict the old ones.

16 minutes ago, wppete said:

Anyone know anyone that has passed from COVID-19? Just curious, I have asked all my friends and family and not a single person knows anyone. I Wonder what everyone else experience is. 

GO BILLS!

I know 2 people that died from it. One spent 9 days on a respirator before succumbing. He was 70 but active and healthy before he got it.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, wppete said:

GO BILLS!

I had a friend murdered by a hospital here in Florida due to the hospitals taking advantage of restrictions they have in place from Corona.

Other than that no actual Corona cases nor deaths around my area. Nor does anybody I know or talk to know of any in numerous states.

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Brady and Gronk?

ESPN.com: Sources - At least 2 Tampa Bay Buccaneers players test positive for 
coronavirus.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29339367/sources-least-2-tampa-bay-buccaneers-players-test-positive-coronavirus

That's what banging each other will get you...

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, wppete said:

GO BILLS!

2 of my wife's co-workers

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

Are you a real Doc? Or do you just play one on the internet? ? Just kidding - either way, it sounds like a good plan.

Would you include the players' immediate families in the testing and sequestering? That's where it gets tricky. Not sure players/coaches/staff will want to spend months away from family.

Exactly, the idea of isolating athletes has been discussed, but I just can’t see that happening. I realize they get paid well, but I can’t imagine these guys agreeing to it. Would pro athletes really agree to not seeing family, friends, and various female friends for six months or so ? I find it hard to believe. It’s easy for us to say “sequester them”, but they are human beings. I understand that many people have professions which take them away for long periods of time, but NFL players will have a job waiting for them in 2021 if the players union says no. 

1 hour ago, wppete said:

GO BILLS!

Working as a lab person running emergency testing in ICUs - I have seen way to many to count.  It has ranged from several “healthy” people in their 30s and 40s to way to many people in their 60-90s.  Very frustrating and scary - I have seen some of the strongest and bravest nurses just broken down as there was so little they could do.

I also support a couple of local nursing homes and have watched it just ravage that population - people I have seen for years just wiped out as this virus has gone through entire floors.

On a personal level - luckily my family and extended family has been safe, but two sister in laws have spent extended time in the hospital after getting it, but both made it out alive.  I feel blessed they got it later because both got treatments like forcing time on their stomachs and holding off on ventilators even though their O2 levels were getting critically low - that were not widely known at the beginning and has saved lives.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, wppete said:

GO BILLS!

I have 2 family members that passed from Covid.  Both were older with health conditions and they passed quick.  It is deadly for them.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Working as a lab person running emergency testing in ICUs - I have seen way to many to count.  It has ranged from several “healthy” people in their 30s and 40s to way to many people in their 60-90s.  Very frustrating and scary - I have seen some of the strongest and bravest nurses just broken down as there was so little they could do.

I also support a couple of local nursing homes and have watched it just ravage that population - people I have seen for years just wiped out as this virus has gone through entire floors.

On a personal level - luckily my family and extended family has been safe, but two sister in laws have spent extended time in the hospital after getting it, but both made it out alive.  I feel blessed they got it later because both got treatments like forcing time on their stomachs and holding off on ventilators even though their O2 levels were getting critically low - that were not widely known at the beginning and has saved lives.

WOW Thank you for sharing my friend. It is a very scary situation and pray that we find a cure ASAP.  We had a family discussion the other day and we just wondered what other people outside of our family and friends circle have experienced. I knew this is a good place to ask for honest opinions. Thanks again and keep safe!

I'm slowly coming to the realization there will be no NFL season. 

It's heartbreaking,  with the Bill's being the favorite to win the division for the 1st time in my adult life but just a hard truth I'm going to have to accept 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Yep. This actually works well. 

Yes it does! I'm feeling fat tonight, but don't own a scale. So I'm still thin per this argument.

3 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

if there is no season, it will be interesting to see how they order the draft next year.  

but I think we have a spring season.   

Great, so Bills playoff games in late March will be rain and 34 degrees, and the goalposts will be sideways. Perfect!

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Things not looking good for a season. The biggest issues will be October and November when flu season begins. 

Nope.  Of course this happens in the season where we have our chance team in 20 years

17 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If no season everyone is under contract the next season. Our best players are young. We're just getting started.

I’ve never a season cancelled before.  Not sure how contracts work.  So everyone’s contract just rolls over until an additional year.....or does this year count and the we lose a year of their service?  Huge difference.  

Edited by NewEra

5 hours ago, wppete said:

GO BILLS!

I don’t know anyone who has had it except for someone I went to college with 25 years ago. She’s fine but said it was like having the flu. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm going to he political here but if not for Trump pushing to get the economy back up football season would have happened. But instead.  Cases are escalating with not plan to dial things back.   Nevermind football.  10s of thousands of people are going to die that didn't need to.  

Sickens me to say but no football likely and no break to corona until there is a vaccine.  There could have been at least a mild reprieve....not now.  

• Like (+1) 1