2 Tampa Bay Bucs test positive for Covid-19

Basically, as players return to team facilities over the next couple of months, we just need to brace ourselves for the fact that likely all 32 teams will have positive COVID tests. There are 90 players on each roster. The likelihood that ZERO players test positive on any given team is extremely low. It doesn't mean everything is going to shut down or that there won't be a season, necessarily -- although it COULD mean those things. Andrew Brandt said it well on Twitter:

The primary factor in whether or not we have a 2020 NFL season will be the extent of the NFL owners' greed, and how they weigh the opportunity cost of profits vs safety of their players, coaching and support staffs, and fans. The other thing I could see playing a major role is if a player or coach ends up being hospitalized or dying from COVID. Bear in mind that many coaches are solidly in the "at risk" group, as are a fair amount of offensive linemen. There is a certain point past which even the money-obsessed owners will not be able to justify moving forward with a season.

• Like (+1) 4

They all need to be tested by the latest the 1st of July and have players start sequestering themselves.  That gives anyone positive at least 3-4 weeks to quarantine and recover.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

They all need to be tested by the latest the 1st of July and have players start sequestering themselves.  That gives anyone positive at least 3-4 weeks to quarantine and recover.

Are you a real Doc? Or do you just play one on the internet? ? Just kidding - either way, it sounds like a good plan.

Would you include the players' immediate families in the testing and sequestering? That's where it gets tricky. Not sure players/coaches/staff will want to spend months away from family.

Edited by BornAgainBillsFan

2 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I will be amazed if they somehow have a season. 2 of my FFL’s have already cancelled. 

I'm in a 4-sport league with seven others (three of whom are Bills fans) and we are in holding mode -- we did a seasonal draft when it looked like baseball was going back, but are now holding again. 

In the meantime, we've been doing a throwback league starting in 1978. I won 1979 and have been mediocre since, but 1984 looks good. I had Joe Ferguson, btw (he was up and down). I highly recommend it if you're missing fantasy sports. You can even create your own rules.

56 minutes ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

Are you a real Doc? Or do you just play one on the internet? ? Just kidding - either way, it sounds like a good plan.

Would you include the players' immediate families in the testing and sequestering? That's where it gets tricky. Not sure players/coaches/staff will want to spend months away from family.

If they want to be together, yes they should all be tested and sequestered.  And it depends on what they want more: time with their family or hundred of thousands to millions of dollars to play a game?

• Like (+1) 1