What are the expectations of Mario Addison?

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

We got Addison for considerably less than Lawson Signed for.

Actually, the full value of Mario's FA contract (3 years, 30.045 mil) was a fraction higher than Shaq's (3 years, 30 mil).

The Bills DL is going to be an 8 man rotation: Addison, Hughes, Jefferson and Epenesa at DE/Edge, Lotulelei, Oliver, Butler and Phillips at DT. All are roughly 7 or 8 out 10 right now, so they'll get roughly even playing time (25-35 minutes per game).

So if Mario does his part in making his share of plays, that'll work for me.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I am expecting 10-12 sacks, ejections for fighting, broken bones for opposing quarterbacks, ALL-PRO, Really cool commercials wearing a Bills uniform....

NFL Players, Broadcasters, Others React To 'Project 11 ...

that’s not really cool man. Then again, it’s you, so par for the course.

3-4 sacks. His rush win %, his QB pressures and his tackles for loss were all down in 2019. He got there less but was remarkably effective at turning it into hits and sacks when he did. That feels unsustainable. If he only gets there as often as he did last year I expect a significant drop off in production. 

3-4 sacks and a backup by the season's end is my prediction. 

• Like (+1) 3

He filled a void, and I think the real pressure comes from the inside which is McD’s philosophy, just like his mentor Jimmy Johnson (Philly, not Dallas).  Between all the additions, this line will be fresh only having to play 50% of the time.  This is why I don’t see anyone having 15 sacks, but moreso a number of players having 8-10 sacks.  I can see Hughes having a better year, this year.  With having outside of Epenesa, Oliver and H. Phillips, the rest are older so having to only play maybe 50-60% of any game will help.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

Actually, the full value of Mario's FA contract (3 years, 30.045 mil) was a fraction higher than Shaq's (3 years, 30 mil).

“The Addison deal is guaranteed at $15 million compared to the $21 million guaranteed Lawson received.“

From Syracuse paper. I remember hearing this at the time. It’s always about guaranteed money. The rest is just bragging rights for the player ( except earn able bonuses, I suppose)

• Like (+1) 1

Expectations? To be who the player he has been for the last four years, give or take a little relative to his assignments, that’s the expectation. Is there some other expectation? 

I don’t care about his pay, (it’s in the top 5% of income nationally like every player in the league) that goes for every player on the team. 

Go Bills!!!

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

3-4 sacks. His rush win %, his QB pressures and his tackles for loss were all down in 2019. He got there less but was remarkably effective at turning it into hits and sacks when he did. That feels unsustainable. If he only gets there as often as he did last year I expect a significant drop off in production. 

3-4 sacks and a backup by the season's end is my prediction. 

Isn't he supposed to rotate with Hughes?  If so, not sure how Addison will be a backup, though we can hope he sees only a small amount of snaps.  One thing for sure is that Beane has made the DE position one of need, multiple times, next year with Addison, Hughes, and Murphy all probably gone.

22 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

What are the expectations of Mario Addison?  He probably expects someone to tell him whether Anchor Bar or Duff's has the better wings.

And,! That blue cheese is the only acceptable condiment a Bills player uses... ? 3,2,1,...

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, JustWinPlease said:

More sacks than Shaq Lawson is a must...otherwise the signing (or player swap, if you will) is a failure.

So there is only one way to measure his performance?  Interesting.  if he has more sacks but terrible against the run is that good?

15 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I bet he wants his own mini-fridge in his room.

Different Mario  lol

14 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

4-5 Sacks, perhaps. Our QB gunners have mostly come from the inside, with Hughes & Murphy solid yet unspectacular outside. Our Defense needs the DEs to contain and disrupt flare/flat passes. Anything more than that is purely bonus.

Addison can move inside on passing downs if need be.

I think he will surprise as to how effective he will be in his roles.

Lawson was a product of a very good rotation too.
Anyone of the Linemen will have a good game in McFraziers defense.

Addison is  a ++ type of player  smart and athletic.< enough : )

Go Bills

Edited by 3rdand12
  • Like (+1) 2