What are the expectations of Mario Addison?

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Wanted to get everyones thoughts on this....he is not a spring chicken but has been very productive even recently.

Thoughts?

I think 7-9 sacks as part of the rotation would be a nice season for him. 

• Like (+1) 6

Unless there is a significant drop-off, which I don't think there will be this year at least, or he is not getting the same number of snaps as he did in Carolina, then I expect him to do what he has done for the last 4 years (averaged below). He has been amazingly consistent over that span:

9.75 sacks

35 tackles

14 Qb hits

2 forced fumbles

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I’ll go with 6-8 sacks in a rotation, but more importantly set a good example. NEVER get caught with Ranch on the same table with your wings! This year of 2020 has seen enough havoc already! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

the expectations are high as he is helping to replace a very productive Shaq Lawson. I have been watching some games from last season recently and Shaq was very noticeable out there, making lots of plays. Addison needs to continue to perform at a high level.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, klos63 said:

the expectations are high as he is helping to replace a very productive Shaq Lawson. I have been watching some games from last season recently and Shaq was very noticeable out there, making lots of plays. Addison needs to continue to perform at a high level.

We got Addison for considerably less than Lawson Signed for.
    Just a hunch and opinion but I don’t think Lawson keeps it up now that he got paid. Not at last years level. 
    Addison on the other hand was undrafted. He bounced around before coming to the Panthers and still had to work his way up the ladder. He was always a high motor, low drama guy. A total “ Process” guy.
     I think he brings 9-10 sacks and a couple more forced fumbles to the table this year. I also think he is going to make Hughes better as there will be two bonafide rushers on the outside now. If Oliver has gotten stronger in the Offseason (now that he has a year under his belt and knows what to expect) and gets more consistent push up the middle, I think Addison makes us better. 

• Like (+1) 2

4-5 Sacks, perhaps. Our QB gunners have mostly come from the inside, with Hughes & Murphy solid yet unspectacular outside. Our Defense needs the DEs to contain and disrupt flare/flat passes. Anything more than that is purely bonus.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

4-5 Sacks, perhaps. Our QB gunners have mostly come from the inside, with Hughes & Murphy solid yet unspectacular outside. Our Defense needs the DEs to contain and disrupt flare/flat passes. Anything more than that is purely bonus.

And contain the edge, Shaq did that well