Jamal Adams Requesting A Trade

H2o

27 minutes ago, MJS said:

Not sure why we need vengeance. We usually beat them.

But I'm on board for Jets hate. I'd be happy to see them and their fans suck for the rest of time. And then see their team moved from New Jersey to Iowa.

Jet fans are climbing fast on my hate board just based on the few that poke around here alone.

1 hour ago, JetsFan20 said:

https://twitter.com/mmehtanydn/status/1275888335710453763?s=21

Manish Mehta reporting that Jamal doesn’t want to play for Gase is not a surprise. The next step for Adams is for his camp to leak out negative commentary about everyone within the Jets organization.

Not that it is not true, but these are just random generalities from Mehta most of which is not even about Adams.  

One can hardly trust what Mehta says about Gase.

• Like (+1) 2

Mehta has been on NFLR a ton of times, and never came across to me as a conspiracy theorist or a yellow journalist.  I’ve heard from other Jets beat reporters like Dan Leverfield similar comments about Gase rubbing people the wrong way.  I don’t know as I’m not in the locker room, but if true, I hope he stays under contract with the Jets for a long time.  That’s two wins a year.  That team has been dysfunctional all the way back to Parcells.  Yes, Parcells had a cup of coffee there in the 90’s.  He actually turned that team around briefly until he fled like he always does outside of the Giants.

I still don’t se him leaving as he has two years left, the cap is probably going down which means teams are going to hoard draft capital, and they would have to renominates his contract to $15 mil. or so a year.  I just don’t see it happening.

6 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

https://twitter.com/mmehtanydn/status/1275888335710453763?s=21

Manish Mehta reporting that Jamal doesn’t want to play for Gase is not a surprise. The next step for Adams is for his camp to leak out negative commentary about everyone within the Jets organization.

While I am no particular fan of Mehta, or of Adams, the assertions in this article are totally believable.  The same thing happened with Gase in Miami.  He is the antithesis of a leader, and this was bound to happen.  The Jets are mediocre at best, or outright losers as long as he is the HC, no matter how much supposed talent they may acquire. (And they do not have a surplus of that either). 

• Like (+1) 1

I am not saying Mehta is not right -- just that the article is a rehash of general jets stuff that is not specific to Adams. 

Mehta does seem to have something personal again Gase but  Gase has done enough publicly (such as throwing players under the bus in press conferences and posting player fines in the training facilities plus all the stuff that former Dolphins said) that I believe that many players hate playing for him.

1 hour ago, Billy Claude said:

I am not saying Mehta is not right -- just that the article is a rehash of general jets stuff that is not specific to Adams. 

Mehta does seem to have something personal again Gase but  Gase has done enough publicly (such as throwing players under the bus in press conferences and posting player fines in the training facilities plus all the stuff that former Dolphins said) that I believe that many players hate playing for him.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-sports-adam-gase-dolphins-jets-coaching-search-20190109-story.html

https://youtu.be/tiOooXinuv8

Eric Mangini makes some great points here. It’s a business-you don’t pay more money for the same player just to be nice. 

If Adams goes to the Jets and agrees to sign a team friendly extension because he wants to protect himself from injury that’s fair. What incentive do the Jets have for ripping up that contract and handing him a record deal? 

Edited by JetsFan20

1 hour ago, Billy Claude said:

The truth is usually somewhere in the middle with Mehta. Either way Adams and his camp are going to leak out all sorts of crap about Gase, Douglas, and probably Darnold as well. It’s like a bad divorce. 

Just now, Billy Claude said:

Mehta was pro-Gase when the Jets hired Gase but that changed pretty quickly. 

Mehta is not a great judge of coaches -- he also criticized the Jets when they fired Rex Ryan. 

He’s best known for keeping Doug Marrone away from the Jets. Apparently Woody wanted Marrone before Mehta embarked on a crazy smear campaign. 

23 minutes ago, Billy Claude said:

Mehta was pro-Gase when the Jets hired Gase but that changed pretty quickly. 

Mehta is not a great judge of coaches -- he also criticized the Jets when they fired Rex Ryan. 

Sure but he’s still the best coach they’ve had since... I can’t think of anyone. So technically ...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JetsFan20 said:

https://youtu.be/tiOooXinuv8

Eric Mangini makes some great points here. It’s a business-you don’t pay more money for the same player just to be nice. 

If Adams goes to the Jets and agrees to sign a team friendly extension because he wants to protect himself from injury that’s fair. What incentive do the Jets have for ripping up that contract and handing him a record deal? 

You're not paying him to be nice.  You're paying him because he's squawking for a new deal and might sit-out if he doesn't get it.  And if he's the best player on your defense...

17 minutes ago, Doc said:

You're not paying him to be nice.  You're paying him because he's squawking for a new deal and might sit-out if he doesn't get it.  And if he's the best player on your defense...

Why do they need to pay him two years early? Are the Bills extending Tre White? 

The Jets are not without fault here either. They have created an atmosphere where great players don’t want to be there.

48 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

Why do they need to pay him two years early? Are the Bills extending Tre White? 

The Jets are not without fault here either. They have created an atmosphere where great players don’t want to be there.

Again it's not about niceness, need, etc.  You have a disgruntled player who wants to be paid or be traded.  The Jets obviously don't want to pay him or trade him, but will be forced to do one or the other.