Jamal Adams Requesting A Trade

H2o

I want the jets to trade him so I’m happy he wants to leave.

the jets have got to trade him at this point. if you make him the highest paid player at his spot, then you set the precedent that good players get paid if they complain early and often.

otherwise they can try riding this out like the skins did with Trent Williams (a bit different scenario) but that’s not taking care of things. it’s just bad business to have an asset go to waste for a couple of years. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

I want the jets to trade him so I’m happy he wants to leave.

the jets have got to trade him at this point. if you make him the highest paid player at his spot, then you set the precedent that good players get paid if they complain early and often.

otherwise they can try riding this out like the skins did with Trent Williams (a bit different scenario) but that’s not taking care of things. it’s just bad business to have an asset go to waste for a couple of years. 

Yeah, they don't have much choice.  I get the feeling he's willing to sit-out part of the season.

17 hours ago, major said:

Speaking of Jamal’s, I wonder what Jamal Crawford is doing right now?

830BDFF6-FB00-40DD-9B02-D1AE9A4E53B4.jpeg

He scored 51 in a game in 2019. Currently he is not on a team but I suspect if he wants to play in the NBA's bubble league a team might sign him.

• Like (+1) 1

As much as I love this never ending chaos with the J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets, and losing Anderson would be great from the AFCE, I don’t see it.  Either the Jets buckle shipping him off, as someone may offer something, or Anderson will get sick of not getting paid and getting fined daily.  If the Jets play hardball, he’s making nothing and loses eligibility for a year past week 10.  Part of me loves that he won’t be playing week 1, part would love him playing for an NFC team, preferably not in the West this year.

But think about it, the teams with the most space per Spotrac are the Browns, Skins, Lions, and Miami.  Jags also have around $20 mil., but they also have tons of 2021 draft picks.  The real issue that makes me skeptical is because the cap will almost certainly go down at a minimum 25-30%, teams aren’t dumb and need cheap labor, aka, draft picks.  So they need their space and they need their picks.  If the Jets are smart (big if although Douglas is known to be pretty sharp), they wait it out, and Anderson has to buckle.  Between the 5th year option, and tagging, the Jets have him if they want for a long time.  In addition, they can’t buckle to these demands or their screwed for future ridiculous demands by players who have two years left.  If he pulled this next year, he’d have some leverage, but not this year.  

Now his agent knows the cap is going down so he’s behind forcing the issue now.  Just remember a team has to give up a $15 mil./yr. contract on a year where the cap is going down, and has to give up at least a 1st, and a 2nd, and this is for a safety.  He may be the best Safety in the league, but he’s still a Safety.  A lot of teams may not pace that high of a value on a Safety.

27 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

As much as I love this never ending chaos with the J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets, and losing Anderson would be great from the AFCE, I don’t see it.  Either the Jets buckle shipping him off, as someone may offer something, or Anderson will get sick of not getting paid and getting fined daily.  If the Jets play hardball, he’s making nothing and loses eligibility for a year past week 10.  Part of me loves that he won’t be playing week 1, part would love him playing for an NFC team, preferably not in the West this year.

But think about it, the teams with the most space per Spotrac are the Browns, Skins, Lions, and Miami.  Jags also have around $20 mil., but they also have tons of 2021 draft picks.  The real issue that makes me skeptical is because the cap will almost certainly go down at a minimum 25-30%, teams aren’t dumb and need cheap labor, aka, draft picks.  So they need their space and they need their picks.  If the Jets are smart (big if although Douglas is known to be pretty sharp), they wait it out, and Anderson has to buckle.  Between the 5th year option, and tagging, the Jets have him if they want for a long time.  In addition, they can’t buckle to these demands or their screwed for future ridiculous demands by players who have two years left.  If he pulled this next year, he’d have some leverage, but not this year.  

Now his agent knows the cap is going down so he’s behind forcing the issue now.  Just remember a team has to give up a $15 mil./yr. contract on a year where the cap is going down, and has to give up at least a 1st, and a 2nd, and this is for a safety.  He may be the best Safety in the league, but he’s still a Safety.  A lot of teams may not pace that high of a value on a Safety.

You can throw out the Browns and especially the Dols.  The Jet's won't trade him within the conference, much less the division. 

They're in a bind.  He either wants to be paid a ridiculous amount of money or be traded and probably doesn't care about the salary cap going down next year.  The problem for the Jets is that his entire rookie contract was guaranteed, so he's not losing game money by sitting out, just fine money (unless there was a provision in his contract for this).  So he sits out, removes the best player from their defense, and comes back mid-season when the season is likely lost. 

If Jamal Adams were a Bill, and assuming there’s no bad blood - just Adams wanting to get the Brinks truck backed up, would y’all want to pay him?

Its a tough situation to be in.   He’s one of the best Safeties in the league and brings some pass rush to the table, which should certainly up his value, but asset allocation would be TOUGH when we have to pay Allen, White, Dawkins, Edmunds and Diggs down the line.  Those are are our core guys and if you pay a guy like Adams what he’s looking for, that means you’re losing guys like Milano along with the depth we’ve built up.  

In the Jets case, they have their Allen (Darnold) and Edmunds (Moseley) but no White, no Diggs and no Dawkins to pay, so a guy like Adams makes some sense for them, but that’s past the point of no return, it seems. 

Edited by SCBills

On 6/24/2020 at 11:48 PM, MJS said:

Not sure why we need vengeance. We usually beat them.

But I'm on board for Jets hate. I'd be happy to see them and their fans suck for the rest of time. And then see their team moved from New Jersey to Iowa.

I dunno, vengeance is a fun word, I guess. They surpassed the Phins and Pats as the AFCE team I despise the most when they hired that googily-eyed jerkface Wahdam Gase.

On 6/28/2020 at 5:13 AM, Doc said:

You can throw out the Browns and especially the Dols.  The Jet's won't trade him within the conference, much less the division. 

They're in a bind.  He either wants to be paid a ridiculous amount of money or be traded and probably doesn't care about the salary cap going down next year.  The problem for the Jets is that his entire rookie contract was guaranteed, so he's not losing game money by sitting out, just fine money (unless there was a provision in his contract for this).  So he sits out, removes the best player from their defense, and comes back mid-season when the season is likely lost. 

I think the Jets are in a bind and they would consider trading him in conference. If the Browns wanted to go "all in" and trade a 1st for him I think the Jets would have to take it as I am not so sure there are going to be a lot of teams that is going to trade a 1st for him and offer him the big contract. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2020 at 11:07 AM, YoloinOhio said:

With who - I keep seeing this but can’t remember anyone requesting a trade. Im probably just blanking. 

I was thinking of Jarius Bird, Jason Peters and more recently of course Sammy Watkins 

48 minutes ago, HT02 said:

I was thinking of Jarius Bird, Jason Peters and more recently of course Sammy Watkins 

Watkins never publically asked for a trade nor did Byrd to the degree that Adams is pulling - not really the same which is why I asked. I guess Peters - it was just a long time ago 

On 6/28/2020 at 8:13 AM, Doc said:

If your best player on D is a safety, it's absolutely time to trade him.  His trade value now heavily outweighs his team value.  Get some high picks, keep building the Defense.