Jamal Adams Requesting A Trade

H2o

46 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

lmfao I'll take Hyde at 6M/year over Adams at $15+ every single SUnday are you kidding

This.  Price matters.  

Adams is one of the best Safeties in the NFL. Hyde is in the next tier of very good Safeties. 

At the Safety position, and in relation to roster building:

Hyde at 6M per >>> Adams at 15M+ per 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

This.  Price matters.  

Adams is one of the best Safeties in the NFL. Hyde is in the next tier of very good Safeties. 

Adams is a lot more than just a safety. He’s a chess piece and foundation piece for any defense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

Adams is a lot more than just a safety. He’s a chess piece and foundation piece for any defense. 

Do you agree that his primary/best attributes are his run stopping and blitzing abilities, and not so much his pass coverage abilities, either in man or zone?

13 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

No safety is a foundation piece.  If they are the foundation piece of your defense, you have a problem.  

that is the same reason I had no problem with Whitner or Byrd walking in free agency.  Also the reason why you never draft one with a top 10 pick.

They just don’t have a big enough impact on the game even if they are elite.   Id actually prefer the Jets keep him and overpay than trade him.  

• Like (+1) 2

23 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

What does that have to do with Jamal Adams situation or their current team. Jamal should want to stay there because they won some playoff games back when he was in elementary school?  

Nothing to do with Adams. I have no issue with him wanting more money and I also have no issue with the Jets saying wait until next year.

Sooner or later the same scenario will play out with the Bills. It happened to Seattle. It happens to all teams that have young talent. 

My point was fans of the Bills should not throw stones at any other team's dysfunction.

17 hours ago, SCBills said:

This.  Price matters.  

100% agree. That 9M can be spent elsewhere. 

There is no shortage of very good safeties.  They can be found in the draft, in free agency, and in converting veteran CBs. 

Steelers will have the same dilemma to deal with Minkah Fitzpatrick.

On 6/19/2020 at 3:08 PM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Jairus Byrd: “hold my beer...” 

On 6/18/2020 at 8:00 PM, JetsFan20 said:

He signed a contract-he has no leverage. 

All he needs to do is ask Byrd for doctor recommendation or find a witch doctor to summon spirit of Jason Peter's agent (attempting to summon soul will not work since he did not have one).

It is ridiculous that players can hold out and keep the money while under contact.  Yeah, Yeah I have heard about teams can cut players but that is in contract too.  If you do not like get rid of your union and negotiate a new deal even if it means lower bonuses and lower percentage.

12 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Nothing to do with Adams. I have no issue with him wanting more money and I also have no issue with the Jets saying wait until next year.

Sooner or later the same scenario will play out with the Bills. It happened to Seattle. It happens to all teams that have young talent. 

My point was fans of the Bills should not throw stones at any other team's dysfunction.

No they shouldn't. Ethan throws more at Bills than all fans and press do at Buffalo.

13 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I'll totally throw stones at other team's dysfunctions, especially if it's the Jets.

Dysfunction is dysfunction and deserves to be pointed out and mocked. Bills dysfunction included (and we've had plenty of it the past 20 years).

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/18/2020 at 8:41 PM, JetsFan20 said:

There isn’t anyone other than a Bills fan who would take Micah Hyde over Jamal Adams.

Micah Hyde is pretty well thought of around the league. A lot of fans know him from his Green Bay days and have heard how good of a starter he is in Buffalo.

And a ton of fans are turned off of players causing dysfunction, demanding trades, and holding out for bigger contracts. So I bet a lot of fans would choose Hyde over Adams given that one is a choir boy and the other is causing problems. Plus, Adams wants ridiculous money and Hyde can be had for much cheaper.

So no, I think you're wrong about that.

• Like (+1) 3

I doubt they trade him as he is cheap now, and next year everyone’s cap takes a hit so draft capital is even more important.  If a yes, he would probably end up in Cleveland, Washington, Miami, Detroit, or even Jax.  The others have a lot of cap space, and Jax has $ similar to us, but a ton of pics.  All of these teams are not very good, need to build up their team, and have the capital.  His pipe dream of going to a contending team is a joke.

He’ll probably end up staying with the Jets.  He really has nothing to say about it except withholding which just takes even more $ from him.  Talk to you’re teammate Bell.

On 6/20/2020 at 7:38 AM, Albanybillsbacker said:

No safety is a foundation piece.  If they are the foundation piece of your defense, you have a problem.  

that is the same reason I had no problem with Whitner or Byrd walking in free agency.  Also the reason why you never draft one with a top 10 pick.

They just don’t have a big enough impact on the game even if they are elite.   Id actually prefer the Jets keep him and overpay than trade him.  

While safety isn’t the most important position by any means, Polamalu, Lott, Ed Reed, John Lynch, Earl Thomas weren’t let go in their prime for a reason.  

On 6/20/2020 at 9:14 AM, Ethan in Portland said:

100% agree. That 9M can be spent elsewhere. 

There is no shortage of very good safeties.  They can be found in the draft, in free agency, and in converting veteran CBs. 

Steelers will have the same dilemma to deal with Minkah Fitzpatrick.

Did they have that “dilemma” with Troy Polamalu?  No,  they paid him.

On 6/20/2020 at 9:08 AM, Ethan in Portland said:

Why not?

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/19/2020 at 9:17 PM, JetsFan20 said:

This is literally what Hyde has been for the bills defense since he arrived. A defense that was basically regarded as top 3-5 unit last year. 

adams is probably the better player. But as others have said, payout to performance ratio matters and that’s most certainly a notch in the win column for Hyde. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I doubt they trade him as he is cheap now, and next year everyone’s cap takes a hit so draft capital is even more important.  If a yes, he would probably end up in Cleveland, Washington, Miami, Detroit, or even Jax.  The others have a lot of cap space, and Jax has $ similar to us, but a ton of pics.  All of these teams are not very good, need to build up their team, and have the capital.  His pipe dream of going to a contending team is a joke.

He’ll probably end up staying with the Jets.  He really has nothing to say about it except withholding which just takes even more $ from him.  Talk to you’re teammate Bell.

If they don’t trade him I can see him pulling a bell and sitting out for the 2020 season. I read a rumor he wants to go to Tampa or Miami

30 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

If they don’t trade him I can see him pulling a bell and sitting out for the 2020 season. I read a rumor he wants to go to Tampa or Miami

He’s got two years left on his contract and he’s seeking 20+MM a year (5MM more than any other safety). Good luck Jamal. 

Edited by JetsFan20

On 6/20/2020 at 12:08 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

You will never find a team where are all 53 players are happy with their contracts. That said Jamal crossed the line with his actions this week. If he truly wanted to stay with the Jets he wouldn’t have done these things. He’s made it so that the Jets would look terrible if they did cave and sign him. 

• Sad 1

On 6/18/2020 at 8:42 PM, Logic said:

At a time when high quality coverage safeties are of the utmost importance and the NFL is more of a passing league than ever, I don't see a box safety like Adams being worth the money he likely wants and the headaches he seems to create.

It's not that he's not an elite box safety and a great leader -- he absolutely is both of those things. It's just that investing big bucks in a run-stopping safety who is not elite in coverage doesn't seem fiscally wise in the 2020 NFL.

Ship him out.

But like, don't. Because you're the Jets, and I want you to be bad. So..no, Logic. Shhhhhhhhh....

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I think we can agree if Adams leaves then the Jets defense goes right down the toilet

No. They'll just have to find a way to get an extra 6.5 sacks out of their front seven. And if they succeed they'll be even better as presumably they'll actually have both safeties in coverage. 

4 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I think we can agree if Adams leaves then the Jets defense goes right down the toilet

their secondary will be even more of a dumpster fire than it was last season if he goes.

cant wait for it to happen either.

• Like (+1) 1