Jamal Adams Requesting A Trade

H2o

16 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

Hate to say it, but you are 100 percent right. You can’t stand up there like Joe Douglas has preaching how you want to have “the best culture in sports” and have guys like this around. 

The Jets are 16-32 in Jamal Adams three years with the team. To paraphrase Branch Rickey “I can lose with you I can lose without you”. 

The Raiders trading Khalil Mack after the draft. Sometimes you misread the situation and have to bite the bullet. 

It starts at the top and the Johnson's are every bit as bad as Ralph Wilson was when it comes to "on the field" success.

The Jets will continue to suffer until the Johnson's either sell the team or become competent.

24 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

Hate to say it, but you are 100 percent right. You can’t stand up there like Joe Douglas has preaching how you want to have “the best culture in sports” and have guys like this around. 

The Jets are 16-32 in Jamal Adams three years with the team. To paraphrase Branch Rickey “I can lose with you I can lose without you”.

Yep got to get rid of that cancerous multiple year team MVP.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

One of the least talented teams in all of football has their best player wanting out?

Doesn't that sound familiar?

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Odell 2.0?

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Ding ding ding

Fooled me. 

I thought this was a reference to most of the Bills teams of the last 2 decades lol.  

• Like (+1) 4

But Adam Gase is the difference making coach who will lead the Jets to the Super Bowl with their young superstar QB, isn't he?  Jamal Adams surely would want to stay and be part of the coming glory?  LOL

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Tires On Fire GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Just another day in the Meadowlands and the JESTS being the JESTS.  You could throw in a couple of dumpster fires also.  Good players get frustrated there and want to bail out.  The problem has been the ownership and front office for a long time.  Buffalo had some of the same problems in the past and it didn't really change significantly until the owner changed.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, njbuff said:

It starts at the top and the Johnson's are every bit as bad as Ralph Wilson was when it comes to "on the field" success.

The Jets will continue to suffer until the Johnson's either sell the team or become competent.

Johnson purchased the team in 2000. In the his first 11 seasons the Jets made the playoffs 6 times, won (1) division title, and won 6 playoff games. It was a very good start by Jets standards especially compared to Leon Hess who was a terrible owner. The Jets have gone through a really lean time since 2011 and the Johnson brothers have made some awful hires (Idzik, Bowles, McCagnan, and Gase). 

With all that said ownership is often overstated and Ralph Wilson is a great example. You don’t consider him a good owner, yet the Bills did go to four straight Super Bowls under his watch. 

Personally I think he's a bit over rated. I want my safeties to be great cover guys. Not sure he is.

But, if I am the Jets and i think he is good I call his bluff for now. Getting a first round pick for him in return doesn't really help the franchise. They need to know what they have in Darnold now. And when it comes to the QB position, they look a lot better when the team is winning. Trading an established all pro player going into his fourth season for a first round pick that might not produce at a high level for a year or two sets the entire teams timeline back a year or two. 

9 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

But Adam Gase is the difference making coach who will lead the Jets to the Super Bowl with their young superstar QB, isn't he?  Jamal Adams surely would want to stay and be part of the coming glory?  LOL

Well if Jamal doesn’t think he can win with the Jets why should the Jets pay him? It’s a two way street-he’s been a part of every loss the past three years. 

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Personally I think he's a bit over rated. I want my safeties to be great cover guys. Not sure he is.

But, if I am the Jets and i think he is good I call his bluff for now. Getting a first round pick for him in return doesn't really help the franchise. They need to know what they have in Darnold now. And when it comes to the QB position, they look a lot better when the team is winning. Trading an established all pro player going into his fourth season for a first round pick that might not produce at a high level for a year or two sets the entire teams timeline back a year or two. 

I think hes one of the best defensive players in the NFL.  He’s a modern day Troy Polamalu. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I was comparing Adams and the Jets situation to White and the Bills and wondering why the Jets are having contract issues with a player so similar to White but the Bills are not having contract issues. Neither currently has signed a contract extension. Both drafted the same year. Both coming off first team all-pro seasons in their third year. Then I noticed that the Jets haven't even exercised Adams 5th year option. That's a little disrespectful for a player that was just named all-pro. 

10 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

Well if Jamal doesn’t think he can win with the Jets why should the Jets pay him? It’s a two way street-he’s been a part of every loss the past three years. 

I think hes one of the best defensive players in the NFL.  He’s a modern day Troy Polamalu. 

I don't know. Troy P. held is own pretty well in the secondary. He wasn't just a around the line of scrimmage safety.

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib

7 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I was comparing Adams and the Jets situation to White and the Bills and wondering why the Jets are having contract issues with a player so similar to White but the Bills are not having contract issues. Neither currently has signed a contract extension. Both drafted the same year. Both coming off first team all-pro seasons in their third year. Then I noticed that the Jets haven't even exercised Adams 5th year option. That's a little disrespectful for a player that was just named all-pro. 

I don't know. Troy P. held is own pretty well in the secondary. He wasn't just a around the line of scrimmage safety.

They did that at the end of April.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

It's not that he's not an elite box safety and a great leader -- he absolutely is both of those things. It's just that investing big bucks in a run-stopping safety who is not elite in coverage doesn't seem fiscally wise in the 2020 NFL.

Exactly. He's nowhere close to being even the best safety in the division when you factor in how the game is played and what the safeties most important role is. I'd take Hyde and Poyer over him. Throw in McCourty. He might be #4?

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

They did that at the end of April.

Ahh, okay. Sportracs web page has it listed a little differently then White's so I thought it hadn't been exercised. White's is listed on the front page as exercised under the contract details but Adam's it not (says available). But yeah then in the transaction tab it says it has been exercised. 

29 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

Johnson purchased the team in 2000. In the his first 11 seasons the Jets made the playoffs 6 times, won (1) division title, and won 6 playoff games. It was a very good start by Jets standards especially compared to Leon Hess who was a terrible owner. The Jets have gone through a really lean time since 2011 and the Johnson brothers have made some awful hires (Idzik, Bowles, McCagnan, and Gase). 

With all that said ownership is often overstated and Ralph Wilson is a great example. You don’t consider him a good owner, yet the Bills did go to four straight Super Bowls under his watch. 

He had an excellent GM in Bill Polian. The only good GM he ever hired. 

Butler wasn't bad either. 

I love the way we picked up our safeties. Identify talent and sign it getting value. I don’t love the big splash signings very often, especially if it also costs high draft picks. 

Diggs is different, he’s proven and a fair deal for a while. 

30 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Exactly. He's nowhere close to being even the best safety in the division when you factor in how the game is played and what the safeties most important role is. I'd take Hyde and Poyer over him. Throw in McCourty. He might be #4?

Ahh, okay. Sportracs web page has it listed a little differently then White's so I thought it hadn't been exercised. White's is listed on the front page as exercised under the contract details but Adam's it not (says available). But yeah then in the transaction tab it says it has been exercised. 

Adams is a better player than all those guys you mentioned. He played equal snaps at slot CB, S, and OLB and Gregg Williams ran the defense through him.

There isn’t anyone other than a Bills fan who would take Micah Hyde over Jamal Adams.

10 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

Adams is a better player than all those guys you mentioned. He played equal snaps at slot CB, S, and OLB and Gregg Williams ran the defense through him.

There isn’t anyone other than a Bills fan who would take Micah Hyde over Jamal Adams.

Most teams run a defense that does not require their safeties to be one of their primary pass rushers. I'll take Hyde and Poyer all day over Adams in the system the Bills run. And at less than half the price if Adams gets the money he wants. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JetsFan20 said:

He's a very good player that deserves to be extended. He may rub people the wrong way and talks way too much, but he's the real deal. How in the world do you sign Bell and Mosely but play games with Adams. I understand he's under contract but if he's a keeper you have to lock him up. Do you think the Bills will play this game with Tre White? Heck no!!