Do Bills fans have the same hatred for Jets as Dolphins and Pats?

21 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

I actually view the Raiders as more of a hated rival for the Jets than the Bills. 

Its crazy, but despite being in the same division and both in the AFL there just isn’t much of a history between both teams. The only playoff meeting was in 1981.

Im old enough to remember OJ Simpson running a muck through the Jets, but given the Jets were a joke in the 70s I didn’t really care. Same deal with the Kelly/Levy era. It seems like when the Jets are up the Bills are down and vice versa with a lot of instances of both teams being bad sprinkled in.

Jets most hated rivals:

1) Dolphins

2) Pats

3) Raiders

4) Colts

5) Giants 

I don't.  I hate everyone equally

On 6/18/2020 at 4:37 PM, JetsFan20 said:

I actually have always liked Bills fans in my interactions when I was a Jets season ticket holder. How can you hate someone from Buffalo?

hang around this portal for 2 weeks...or

read the 57 pages of posts when a fan-favorite long-shot player invariably gets cut after 1 season...or

stop by after a loss to the Jets on Monday after the game

I hate certain fans more than teams. Obviously I hate EVERYTHING about New England. Because I live in New Orleans, Saints fans annoy me more than Dolphins fans (for example). I’m just surrounded by them. Additionally, we see a lot of different fan bases come through as a destination city. You learn stuff like 49ers fans are OBNOXIOUS. I’m so removed from them I’d never know that. A lot of it ends up your personal experience.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I live amongst Jets and Giants fans so my (sports fan) hatred runs deeper for the Jets than the Patriots. If you know the joke, Pats-Jets games have been like choosing between death and boola-boola for me but my Jets hatred runs deeper when there's nothing for the Bills to gain.

On 6/18/2020 at 4:32 PM, JetsFan20 said:

I actually view the Raiders as more of a hated rival for the Jets than the Bills. 

Its crazy, but despite being in the same division and both in the AFL there just isn’t much of a history between both teams. The only playoff meeting was in 1981.

Im old enough to remember OJ Simpson running a muck through the Jets, but given the Jets were a joke in the 70s I didn’t really care. Same deal with the Kelly/Levy era. It seems like when the Jets are up the Bills are down and vice versa with a lot of instances of both teams being bad sprinkled in.

Jets most hated rivals:

1) Dolphins

2) Pats

3) Raiders

4) Colts

5) Giants 

I will admit that I loved the Jets after they upset the Pats in the 2011 Divisional round.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/18/2020 at 4:32 PM, JetsFan20 said:

Jets most hated rivals:

1) Dolphins

2) Pats

3) Raiders

4) Colts

5) Giants 

It's ridiculous to consider Miami a hated rival of the Bills in the year 2020.

They absolutely were, for a very long time, a long time ago.

That rivalry has been straight up dead for quite some time now.

Jets are too incompetent to be thought of as a rival by me at least.

New England?  Yes, definitely.

Can't really think of anyone else.

The Bills organization has been too irrelevant for too long to be creating much in the way of rivalries.

Luckily, that's changing now.

20 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I hate certain fans more than teams. Obviously I hate EVERYTHING about New England. Because I live in New Orleans, Saints fans annoy me more than Dolphins fans (for example). I’m just surrounded by them. Additionally, we see a lot of different fan bases come through as a destination city. You learn stuff like 49ers fans are OBNOXIOUS. I’m so removed from them I’d never know that. A lot of it ends up your personal experience.

I second this. 

I have a couple dolphins fan friends, they’re generally good sports. My GF grew up a NE “fan” she’s coming around and becoming more tolerable. We use the pats blanket to line the dog crate Bills flag hanging from our house. 

• Haha (+1) 1

So Jets didn’t bother me a ton until college. Went to Oswego and met their NYC fans and ever since then I have hated the Jets. This was also when they got Farve then Sanchez and we’re decent and they wouldn’t stop running their mouths. That said I like Darnold and him vs Allen for a decade plus will be cool if all goes well

On 6/19/2020 at 11:33 AM, Dr. K said:

I never hated the Pats until the Belichick/Brady era.  

Yep - all that success seemed to get my attention too. :cry:

On 6/19/2020 at 8:24 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

Great point. 

Being a Bills fan living in MA just blows. I'd have hated the Pats regardless, but being in the thick of it for soooo long is just unbearable. 

It's in your face daily. 

20 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

It's ridiculous to consider Miami a hated rival of the Bills in the year 2020.

They absolutely were, for a very long time, a long time ago.

That rivalry has been straight up dead for quite some time now.

Jets are too incompetent to be thought of as a rival by me at least.

New England?  Yes, definitely.

Can't really think of anyone else.

The Bills organization has been too irrelevant for too long to be creating much in the way of rivalries.

Luckily, that's changing now.

There is so much recency bias in your statements it’s cringe worthy. Just because a particular matchup hasn’t had meaning in years doesn’t take away from the history of the rivalry. When was the last time Cowboys/Redskins mattered?